So it seems even though he was injured when signing there was no cancellation clause in his loan agreement!

Yet another great piece of business from the wonder boy Webber!

He really hasn’t got many signings right in the last 2 years has he?

• Like 6

My guess is we couldn't have both the send back option AND the option to buy (on performance) so we opted for the buy option. 

Really wish we'd just try and snap up a lower league CDM though!! Surely there's one out there capable and I will die on this hill 🤣

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

My guess is we couldn't have both the send back option AND the option to buy (on performance) so we opted for the buy option. 

Really wish we'd just try and snap up a lower league CDM though!! Surely there's one out there capable and I will die on this hill 

Tom Trybull for instance.

• Like 1

I think the club considered him a signing rather than a loan player, but you have to wonder where their mind is on this now.  Particularly with change of manager and his inability to be available.

The only positive to draw is that he's around the 20k/week bracket due to Newcastle still paying a fair portion of his wages still.

Edited by Google Bot

Buying players injured is a part of our transfer strategy due to our lack of  purchasing power. It's a risk and sometimes it works out but often doesnt. For every Pukki we buy Webber buys five Haydens.

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its been Hayden seek all season.

We were on a Hayden to nothing anyway.

If we were to scrape into the playoffs and then jammy our way back into the EPL we have to buy him, injured or not.

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

When we got Hayden in the summer and everyone thought he was a great signing it was credited as a Smith signing. 😀

That's why you sacked him Stu. Tarnishing your name again. Watch yer back Wagner 😉 

37 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If we were to scrape into the playoffs and then jammy our way back into the EPL we have to buy him, injured or not.

Unlikely but not true as far as I am aware. It's an option.

10 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So it seems even though he was injured when signing there was no cancellation clause in his loan agreement!

Yet another great piece of business from the wonder boy Webber!

He really hasn’t got many signings right in the last 2 years has he?

I believe he wasn't injured when he signed, travelled on the training camp and aggravated the same injury causing him to need another operation.

It also sounds like we are still interested in him beyond the summer... 

As for signings... again, do we really have to go through the lists again? He's got a fair few right, enough to get us promoted twice. The issue has been in the league above and that we now have more of an uphill battle to put squads together cheaply and easily, as a result of Brexit cutting off most of Europe to us - either for players being too good and going to better clubs or not being as good so not having the required points.

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone at the club can be blamed for the Hayden saga.

He was fit when signed, but got the same injury, aggravated in training. Maybe the player rushed himself, being too anxious to start playing   again. I don't even recall it as being a problem injury in  the past.

It was just very unlucky. The only issue here is the original cost of the loan and just how much this has hit the City coffers. Presumably Newcastle pay for the treatment as he's still their player after all.

A lot of the other signings must be criticised, but let's hope we get reasonable money for the biggest let-down, Rashica and a little something for Placheta and even Hugill. I still harbour   hopes of Tzolis coming good next season, although many have given up on this youngster as well. 

The Sarge has actually proved his worth, although not at the level intended.

Gibbs, Rowe, Mumba, Tompkinson and a few others are our future now ..... and hopefully Wagner.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Happy to be corrected but I thought the deal was that we buy him if we are promoted *and* he plays a certain number of games. Whatever that number is, he's surely unlikely to meet it now 

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Not Webbers fault, we only 90% Checked him on the medical and missed his injury.

DoF - “so team should we recruit this player?”

Analyst - “it is yes from me he has had a 100% pass completion rate and 0% missed tackles in the last 3 months , remember we are a numbers driven club and the stats never lie”

Physio - “ we don’t do not scan the legs as that only gives you a snap shot of their fitness, we look at the stats over the last six months and the proportion of game time missed for impact injuries, and this is an indicator of likely availability once he has recovered from the current issues.  So as a numbers driven club, I support this signing, the stats never lie”

DoF - “so he will be fine once he has recovered, fantastic, he is a good player, tbh we were surprised his current club said he was available for transfer.  It is this rational decision making based on facts that makes us stand out as a club, well done team”