Sign in to follow this  
not a clue

Scott Parker

12 minutes ago, not a clue said:

Just heard he’s been appointed manager at FC Bruges…phew…😎

Don’t celebrate just yet until it’s confirmed who’s coming here. 

There are few top coaches willing to take on the city job- who want to take on a disjointed team with very little financial resources 

Steve Bruce may be the only short term answer though personal like to see Russell given a short term contract,

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I would have been happy with Scott. He has landed a better job than us, so how is that a phew !? 

If he wasnt happy with the lack of investment at Bournemouth he wouldn’t have been happy here

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't really know why I didn't want him but I didn't. Would prefer Wagner

Why I  wouldn't want him is the stance at the start of the season ("we are not equipped for the premier league"), which translated to "I don't think I'm up to the job of keeping this team up." Rookie manager Garry O'Neill is at least having a go at it.

By way of contrast, Wagner took a worse team than Bournemouth or City into the premier league and kept them there for a season. No brainer to me.

Interesting tweet from an account claiming to be an ex-guardian football journalist.

Her account does seem to be pretty convincing. Not the usual spam bot/anonymous **** stirer.

I would throughily doubt Parker was a "top target", although I would believe that Webber would want to speak to him.

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I would have been happy with Scott. He has landed a better job than us, so how is that a phew !? 

Perhaps you are in the minority…😎

I'm fairly sure Scott Parker is going to be just fine managing in the Champions League in a couple of months and not giving a second thought to a mediocre mid-table championship side. 

Some of you really need to have a word with yourselves.....

• Like 1

Scott should really enjoy his time in Bruges. Lovely place, easy to get from UK, and a smashing cardie shop

He really would not have suited us.  He spent a fortune at Fulham and Bournemouth, then complained about the amount of money he had spend.