Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Sara

For one of the very few times this season, and in particular second half, I saw what looked like a player in Sara. A central midfielder with athleticism and some quality on the ball who showed for the ball and spread play well, with good energy.

• Like 9

Just now, hogesar said:

For one of the very few times this season, and in particular second half, I saw what looked like a player in Sara. A central midfielder with athleticism and some quality on the ball who showed for the ball and spread play well, with good energy.

He’s learning the trade sat next to Kenny. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s learning the trade sat next to Kenny. 

Kenny was very good tonight, so wouldn't have done him any harm.

• Like 3

Sara just strikes me as being very inconsistent, but not in the usual 'from one game to the next' sense, but from one moment to the next. 

I'd like to see him have a run though, but then again, I'd like to see Nuñez and Gibbs have one as well, and it might be tough to squeeze them all in, unless you add Hayden and McLean into the mix and play any four of those five in a diamond. Which would also suit Sargent, Pukki and Idah, because two out of the three could play through the middle...

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Kenny was very good tonight, so wouldn't have done him any harm.

I really don't like Mclean as a player and think he's a waste of a shirt most weeks, but I agree with you, he was very good today.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sara just strikes me as being very inconsistent, but not in the usual 'from one game to the next' sense, but from one moment to the next. 

Stiepermann 2.0... Samba edition

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

He's cut his hair. He's half a stone lighter!!!!

Same could have been said of McCallum too. I'm sure he was close to full afro a couple of weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Glad to hear it, I’m seldom serious btw. 

No. Really? I’m shocked! 😱

• Like 1

Thought he played well and Nunez seemed to be getting back into his stride when he got taken off. As I said on the Keith Scott thread they are 22 and 23 in their first season in British football, they will be inconsistent. 

will be interesting to see how the new manager uses them. 

Kenny was our best player this evening. Organised the defence very well and used his experience to cover most threats. He is much more suited to a CDM as he no longer has the pace and drive to have an impact in an attacking role. I initially admired Nunez but he had another poor game tonight. Sara performed fairly well now that he has a huge weight of his shoulders !!!

Best player tonight was Hugill.
That shove he gave the Reading coach who started on McCallum was the mark of a true team player and pro.

*Off to do my warm up* Clatter.... oops sorry pal

Genius move! 😄😄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hogesar said:

From Brazil 🇧🇷   this is good to hear Hoggy. Tonight I had no coverage of the game. SO it's nice to hear positives. He is a very good honest player. Needs a run as does Nunez. 👍

• Like 1

I like Sara a lot. He seems to me to be a similar thing to Emi in terms of needing a season to settle. He seemed to be trying to play to a direction he didn’t understand under Smith and I think as the approach is more suited to him and his English improves he will start to shine a lot more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Shirt said:

I like Sara a lot. He seems to me to be a similar thing to Emi in terms of needing a season to settle. He seemed to be trying to play to a direction he didn’t understand under Smith and I think as the approach is more suited to him and his English improves he will start to shine a lot more.

Emi didn't need a season to settle- he was excellent in his first season and came third in POTS voting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yellow Shirt said:

That was very much Vrancic and Stiepermann.

Sara was Ok tonight but he needs to back that up with an even better performance against Watford. Consistency is his problem.

I see Sara very much as more creative than anyone else we have and willing to graft. Tbh I actually think he could patch up the Buendia void a bit. I think him

in a 4-2-3-1 with McKlean alongside either Gibbs or Hayden as the 2 and Sara central in the 3. I still sadly can’t see Sargent and Pukki on the pitch together as our strongest lineup as I think both need to occupy the 1 position up top. Who we have either side of Sara is the conundrum. I think that’s really where we need to be looking at getting Mumba? Bit of a punt but I can see Sara doing so much good work in that position. 

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sara was Ok tonight but he needs to back that up with an even better performance against Watford. Consistency is his problem.

Yes, hopefully he continues but at least there was signs that he was capable of playing as a midfielder at this level.