Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Who was in the away end last night?

6 minutes ago, astro said:

You post such drivel, what else did you expect? 

A base level of intellectual capability when trying to have a discussion on something? I'll admit I'm an optimist and that for the most part a lot of posters aren't willing to engage in that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's always had relationships with previous clubs, hasn't wanted to be here since day 1 and spent his whole time here bitter that we're not Villa.

No one is saying we want Krusty the ****ing Clown entertaining us, but of course you already know that, but if a manager comes in and makes it as obvious he has that he's no interest in engaging with us, don't be surprised when fans aren't exactly happy to give you the same time or opportunity other managers might get.

Was he different with other fans? Genuine question. I've not seen any clips other than a playoff final which you'd expect any manager to be a bit more emotionally involved in.

I thought he was always pretty understated at his other clubs but maybe that's wrong?

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

This just popped up. Hambags!!!

Jesus, if thats what is considered to be a scrap these day then God help us all 🤣🤣 handbags at 50 paces. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A base level of intellectual capability when trying to have a discussion on something? I'll admit I'm an optimist and that for the most part a lot of posters aren't willing to engage in that...

I couldn’t see anything unintelligent about Nexus’ reply - it’s just that you didn’t like it, and try to claim superior intellect as opposed to admitting your point of view is suspect. 

Just now, hogesar said:

Was he different with other fans? Genuine question. I've not seen any clips other than a playoff final which you'd expect any manager to be a bit more emotionally involved in.

I thought he was always pretty understated at his other clubs but maybe that's wrong?

Villa fans love him, ok yes he's one of them,  but if you listen to Branston (I think), Brentford fans think he's the second coming and had a great relationship with him.

Regardless, the point remains any successful manager has to have the fans on board from day 1, he didn't and never even tried to address that. 

Just now, astro said:

I couldn’t see anything unintelligent about Nexus’ reply - it’s just that you didn’t like it, and try to claim superior intellect as opposed to admitting your point of view is suspect. 

We were discussing how important it is for a manager to interact with fans. For me it's irrelevant and shouldn't be a "root cause" of anything. Nexus then went for a personal slant on it because presumably, he has nothing to actually add to the debate.

Try again Astro...one day...

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Villa fans love him, ok yes he's one of them,  but if you listen to Branston (I think), Brentford fans think he's the second coming and had a great relationship with him.

Regardless, the point remains any successful manager has to have the fans on board from day 1, he didn't and never even tried to address that. 

I wonder if that's just because of results / playing style rather than actively doing anything to engage with fans though?

One of those scuffles between fans took place right in front of me and my two friends but what surprised me was the fact it was grown men not kids..

I thought @Feedthewolf was asking for some background to the scuffles last night but it looks like the thread has been highjacked and taken off topic, still i expect this will happen to a lot of threads in the coming days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wonder if that's just because of results / playing style rather than actively doing anything to engage with fans though?

Possibly, although I've said many times his past record, especially at Brentford is massively overegged,  but you can't deny he hasn't exactly helped himself here? 

10 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Jesus, if thats what is considered to be a scrap these day then God help us all 🤣🤣 handbags at 50 paces. 

As someone pointed out, it looks like the security were trying to keep people in until the end. 🤣

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Far worse than the small fights there was a geezer dressed as an elf

He was Elf an' Safety....and wasn't involved with the minor fracas....

Remind me of his 'record'?

Brentford only got promoted after he left and h8s assistant Thomas Frank took over

He got Villa up through the playoffs being armed with Grealish and Tammy Abraham (whilst we were winning the league with 94 pts)

• Like 2

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Remind me of his 'record'?

Brentford only got promoted after he left and h8s assistant Thomas Frank took over

He got Villa up through the playoffs being armed with Grealish and Tammy Abraham (whilst we were winning the league with 94 pts)

I wouldn't bother mate, I've been banging that drum for ages on here, and despite facts backing up that point of view continually being told by the same faces that's not actually correct 🙄

This is not going to be popular, but I agree with Hogesar, and Dean Smith.  

Dean is an introvert, he manages press conferences pretty honestly, but I suspect he would rather not be there. 

As Dean said if we were on a 20 match winning streak the engagement with the fans would be there, everyone loves someone who is good at their job.

Where Dean is possibly letting himself down, or not being support by his colleagues well enough is in the narrative around what is going on.  For example, Teemu is amazing, but he clearly wanted to leave at the end of last season, we clearly triggered a contractual clause - a very expensive one, one the team will have known meant Teemu would not be at his best, and that was done for a reason - what was it?  Clearly not to limit Josh and Adam’s development, had Teemu left would we still be somewhere around the playoffs, I think we would.  So what was the reason?  I am sure there is a good one.

With the constant formational changes, and the status of certain players we do not get a good explanation.  What is going on with Todd, we have him here but not here, what is the point?  I am sure there is a good reason, I have no idea what it is.   
Poor old Jordan Hugill has an amazing attitude but he must feel his career is slipping away, why did he not go out on loan, surely someone would have wanted him on loan, why is he still here but not in the squad?  The 4th striker spot should belong to an 18 year old.  Again they will have discussed it and decided this was the best approach for the club, but why?

Rashica has left on loan and gone to a massive club who now want to take him permanently, why did we not see that player?  Why did he go when we so obviously need a winger?

Why did we only sign one new CDM when we needed three?  I assume Gibbs covers one of those positions, but what was the thinking?

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We were discussing how important it is for a manager to interact with fans. For me it's irrelevant and shouldn't be a "root cause" of anything. Nexus then went for a personal slant on it because presumably, he has nothing to actually add to the debate.

And your comment about their intelligence wasn’t personal? 

5 minutes ago, astro said:

And your comment about their intelligence wasn’t personal? 

You mean my comment that came after they'd already decided to get personal?

Do you see how that works?

Edited by hogesar
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought @Feedthewolf was asking for some background to the scuffles last night but it looks like the thread has been highjacked and taken off topic, still i expect this will happen to a lot of threads in the coming days.

Yes, but aside from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? 

18 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

So what was the reason?  I am sure there is a good one.

Pukki being a proven goal scorer.  To put it mildly.  Whilst Josh totally unproven when Pukki’s contract extension was invoked. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

A personal slant?

You suggested a clown on a unicycle I said get out there son

A personal slant is : your a ****.

So realise the limits of your own intellect before you go pretending you are something or someone your not.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

A personal slant?

You suggested a clown on a unicycle I said get out there son

A personal slant is : your a ****.

So realise the limits of your own intellect before you go pretending you are some zen messiah.

No, a personal slant would be "You're a ****"

Just now, hogesar said:

No, a personal slant would be "You're a ****"

Ah the old I don't have something to say so I will pick on someone's typo or grammar.

Well done you have the higher ground Obi wan.

26 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

As Dean said if we were on a 20 match winning streak the engagement with the fans would be there, everyone loves someone who is good at their job.

And if i didn't have meat and two veg I'd be my sister 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ah the old I don't have something to say so I will pick on someone's typo or grammar.

Well done you have the higher ground Obi wan.

image.png.22f2321d39b05b63025d95edb9ed600a.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Hopefully the worse is over now, I can’t see any likelihood of Smith being in charge on Friday. The worry however is who the f*** can sort out a club that is clearly in disarray. We don’t know how the players feel, wether they respected Smith or not. Can the players that have suffered abuse be turned around.
Only time will tell, but a worrying 6 weeks ahead I feel.

I thought after last nights game he would be sacked last night or this morning, not happened so starting to worry he will still be here on Friday

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

10 of these players are out of contract in 6 months time , including Pukki....so they wont care. Infact as of next week they can sign pre agreements with foreign based clubs

Unbelievably we handed the 11th a new contract a couple of weeks ago when he should have been at the top of the list to have got rid

Of the rest..what is their motivation to be promoted really?...knowing in all likihood we'd get battered every week again such is the club being totally not geared up to compete in the premier league

Which 10 are out of contract? Sounds like a lot!

Cantwell and Pukki are the obvious ones, who are the rest?

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

I thought after last nights game he would be sacked last night or this morning, not happened so starting to worry he will still be here on Friday

If he hasn’t been sacked, I would suggest he himself has gone to the club and looked for a way out. If he is in charge Friday night, the ground will not be a very nice place to be, however I have a feeling no manager will be able to turn this around, let alone Smith. 
What we don’t know is how the players have been effected by all this, did they love Smith or hate him and how will some of those players abused by fans react. Whoever the new manager is can he be accepted or as soon as we lose 2 games will the divisions start again. There are plenty saying ‘ anyone but Smith ‘ and then adding ‘ but not Gerrard, Dyche etc, etc ‘. 

Just now, Well b back said:

If he hasn’t been sacked, I would suggest he himself has gone to the club and looked for a way out. If he is in charge Friday night, the ground will not be a very nice place to be, however I have a feeling no manager will be able to turn this around, let alone Smith. 
What we don’t know is how the players have been effected by all this, did they love Smith or hate him and how will some of those players abused by fans react. Whoever the new manager is can he be accepted or as soon as we lose 2 games will the divisions start again. There are plenty saying ‘ anyone but Smith ‘ and then adding ‘ but not Gerrard, Dyche etc, etc ‘. 

No chance will he resign. He's got 18 months left on his contract, even if he was only on £10k per week that'd be £750k in his bank account when we sack him. He's holding us to ransom, as is the way with football managers I'm afraid. Neil Adams resigned because he genuinely cared about the club and wanted it to move forward. Deano will take as many pelters as necessary to get his pay-off.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't sit right with me a Norwich fan filming and uploading a scuffle involving their own when the consequences can be so grave. Not like they are beating up kids or old folk is it. 

Camera phones already wrecked gigs/nightclubs/raves, now got people begging for likes filming their fellow football fans as well. 

We've got a regime which would probably dish out a 3 game ban for doing a smelly fart, so watch was 'handbags' becomes an investigation and 5 year bans from Carrow Road.

Or, indeed, Bedfordshire Police wanting to make an example of a few Norwich fans and getting them football banning orders. Got to remember that it isn't Norfolk Constabulary's business when we're away from home. 

I get where you're coming from but in this instance it doesn't show anything that could be used against people. I agree that I don't know why people have to film EVERYTHING nowadays. (Although there's a hypocrisy alarm going off considering I did repost the video.😳😀)