Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What do we think Smith will say in his post match interview?

"I'm glad the next game is at a neutral venue because we need to score 3 goals because of the crowd when we play away from home."

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

“I’ll keep doing my best” which I think translates to “I’ll hang around for yet another payoff” when he gets sacked . What’s he got ? 18 months left ? Add that to the Villa payoff and the guy is doing nicely . 

Shakey will trouser a few quid too. 

Nice work if you can get it 

I know What I would say if I was Smith -Lets all go for  2 weeks at the Bahamas- lay on the beach ,  we all come back with a sun tan ,  

Very confusing response from Smith.

He's talking like he's been constantly hounded by fans but the first serious negative reaction he got came a few days ago. Playing the victim and claiming his family can't come to games now seems bizarre considering the fairly tepid reaction he's largely had.

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

"Don't blame me....blame the bloke that give me the job'.....

The problem is that no manager that truly believe in himself will want to come and work with Webber at Norwich now

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's talking like he's been constantly hounded by fans but the first serious negative reaction he got came a few days ago. Playing the victim and claiming his family can't come to games now seems bizarre considering the fairly tepid reaction he's largely had.

From one of the most placid and patient fan bases in football. He's really not helping himself with his public pronouncements. The only conceivable way he can turn things round is with results on the pitch. The only thing you can do in press conferences is make things worse. So stick to platitudes and get the hell out of there.

Edit: having watched it, I think I've been a bit unfair here. Think his responses to all the questions about his position were fair enough.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

7 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Right at the end: "I put myself in the position where I want to be the head coach of the club, and I think I'm good at it. Unfortunately, because things have gone against us recently, I'm the villain."

Oooookay, Deano.

He’s body language doesn’t look great! Biting off the lips playing with his hands! I think that’s the last we will see of him! 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Right at the end: "I put myself in the position where I want to be the head coach of the club, and I think I'm good at it. Unfortunately, because things have gone against us recently, I'm the villain."

Oooookay, Deano.

The whole interview is full of similar statements. He seemed baffled that having 3 strikers and Onel on the pitch wasn't enough to get the win because the final ball wasn't quite there yet didn't deem it necessary to put anyone capable of playing a quality final ball on the pitch. And he was yet more baffled that, with such an imbalanced team on the pitch at the end, we had difficulty retaining an effective defensive structure capable of keeping 10 men at bay.

The clincher for me: he'll stay in the job no matter what until he's told otherwise... because he's incapable of accepting that he's failed and walking away. Neil Adams has infinitely more class because he did the right thing. 

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The whole interview is full of similar statements

Thing that seemed weirdest to me was diagnosing the first half problem as not connecting the midfield and the strikers yet his solution was to take off a midfielder and add another striker. I didn't see the game but I cannot understand the logic of that.

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Agreed. I was seething at this and it smacks of pure desperation, i.e. accusing us of making it personal and not liking him and that he can’t change his looks or his accent (WTF?). The press really missed a trick in not homing in on the actual reasons, such as consistently under-performing, lack of tangible game plans, lack of any balance or structure to the team, etc, etc. We are being painted as the panto villains, character assassination. Delia and MWJ should stand up and protect their most valuable asset - us.