Yet more weeks go by and still no news, beginning to wonder if Ricardo will ever see the deal done !

47 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Hmm, what do you know Nutty that us others don't? Someone only asks such a question (with apparently new information) if they already have inside information. Spill the beans Nutty!

yea do spill the beans . let’s be having you ?!!

19 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The salaries for this year's MLB  (baseball) teams are now being picked over.

The Milwaukee Brewers are in the bottom third of payroll, somewhere between 20th-24th on the list (out of 30). They are spending less than they did in 2023, 2022, 2019, 2015 & 2014.

They have only one player whose salary is in the top 100 in the league (Yelich) and the ESPN piece ranks them among the "Cheap and should spend more" category.

"The Brewers are entering the season with their weakest roster in years and project to have a lower CBT [in short, their salary cap]  than each of the previous two seasons even after guaranteeing $72 million in free agency and locking up top prospect Jackson Chourio..."

Maybe MA is saving his dimes so he can spend $150,000,000 building a new Main Stand at Carrow Road ..... 😀

That article does also say that the Brewers could fit into the 'cheat but really good' category, they're certainly not a bad team in any sense. It's not like some of the other MLB teams who are both cheap and remain bad. The Brewers are consistently in the bottom half of payroll anyway, they are in the smallest market in the league so in a way are already punching above their weight.

Their roster is weaker than it has been the last few years but it's also much younger so I think they're intentionally viewing this year as a bit of a downswing. That being said the division they play in could easily be won with 80ish games so when all is said and done they probably won't be too far off it.

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Hmm, what do you know Nutty that us others don't? Someone only asks such a question (with apparently new information) if they already have inside information. Spill the beans Nutty!

I know nothing apart from what we've been told.

But old Glad next door is usually 'in the know'. A bit like you on here Sheff she's the oracle of our street. They always say "what Glad dun't know in't worth knowin". I asked her and she said "word down Roys is that their will got changed and they left everything to the Webbers" Then she got hold of my arm, iron grip, drew close and whispered "Tom's gorna contestut".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, GMF said:

Are you suggesting that someone with an estimated net worth of $700m doesn’t know how to read a football club’s budget? 

What I am saying is that at this precise moment he is a Director of a Football Club in which league performance ranking is likely to be marginally behind wage bill ranking.

As a case in point West Brom have just released their Acconts for last year that shows Wages spend at £45 million relative to our £56 million. The difference being broadly equal to the whole of the gate money.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

But old Glad next door is usually 'in the know'. A bit like you on here Sheff she's the oracle of our street. They always say "what Glad dun't know in't worth knowin". I asked her and she said "word down Roys is that their will got changed and they left everything to the Webbers" Then she got hold of my arm, iron grip, drew close and whispered "Tom's gorna contestut".

Do we have a self-destruct button for this forum for when that happens, or will the resulting meltdown naturally cause that anyway?

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

What I am saying is that at this precise moment he is a Director of a Football Club in which league performance ranking is likely to be marginally behind wage bill ranking.

As a case in point West Brom have just released their Acconts for last year that shows Wages spend at £45 million relative to our £56 million. The difference being broadly equal to the whole of the gate money.

image.thumb.png.e839cd7983f572a2b103d1ac60ec0d4c.pngimage.thumb.png.34bee7fdf057e0d646c822281c3927c6.png

West Brom have yet to submit their 2023 accounts, nevertheless the comparison between revenues and wages is relevant, and highlights the significance underperformance by NCFC last season.

It's highly likely that NCFC will be 4th in the revenue and wages comparison for this season, too, so we’re not going match that in terms of final league position either.

The obvious answer is that the high earners, who are out of contract in the summer, will be jettisoned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

As they say oop here Nutty, "stop nebbing Glad luv, does you no favours". 😉 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, shefcanary said:

As they say oop here Nutty, "stop nebbing Glad luv, does you no favours". 😉 

Nebbing? 

1 hour ago, GMF said:

Nebbing? 

Sticking your nose into other people's business!

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2024 at 09:29, GMF said:

image.thumb.png.e839cd7983f572a2b103d1ac60ec0d4c.pngimage.thumb.png.34bee7fdf057e0d646c822281c3927c6.png

West Brom have yet to submit their 2023 accounts, nevertheless the comparison between revenues and wages is relevant, and highlights the significance underperformance by NCFC last season.

It's highly likely that NCFC will be 4th in the revenue and wages comparison for this season, too, so we’re not going match that in terms of final league position either.

The obvious answer is that the high earners, who are out of contract in the summer, will be jettisoned.

That seems accurate. The West Brom press release came out a couple of days ago.

On 04/04/2024 at 09:29, GMF said:

We already got rid of a fair few high earners last summer no ??

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

We already got rid of a fair few high earners last summer no ??

Yes, Teemu, Dowell and Byram being the main ones. 

Hope MA is making the trip tomorrow. For various reasons but if only to break ip the impending Sky coverage if Delia and Ed! 

17 minutes ago, GMF said:

Yes, Teemu, Dowell and Byram being the main ones. 

Yes but Duffy, Barnes, Batth, Stacey aren’t going to be low wages, I’m not sure there will be much of a drop this season, but can see Giannoulis, Gibson, Batth, Duffy & Barnes probably out the door if we can find suitors for the last two, who have another year left!

I think Knapper had his own vision and it’s not Webbers journeymen for free!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but Duffy, Barnes, Batth, Stacey aren’t going to be low wages, I’m not sure there will be much of a drop this season, but can see Giannoulis, Gibson, Batth, Duffy & Barnes probably out the door if we can find suitors for the last two, who have another year left!

I think Knapper had his own vision and it’s not Webbers journeymen for free!

I agree. There seems to be a wide spread perception that free transfers aren’t a significant liability, simply because no fee is paid. However, their agents simply adjust this into wages.

• Like 1

I Think the hold up might be to do with the loans instead of buying outright cash by MA ,

i imagine the FA or someone are taking their time to make sure all the small print is in order as it is more complicated ,

also due to their advanced years  if MA is paying over a Loans /Instalments it has to be water tight both ways if anything was to happen to either during the deal must be a law minefield 

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Think the hold up might be to do with the loans instead of buying outright cash by MA ,

i imagine the FA or someone are taking their time to make sure all the small print is in order as it is more complicated ,

also due to their advanced years  if MA is paying over a Loans /Instalments it has to be water tight both ways if anything was to happen to either during the deal must be a law minefield 

Yes and his potential get out clause.

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

**** the 17%!  😀

The pesky 17%, hey. More trouble than the average shareholder… 😉

On 05/04/2024 at 16:31, The Real Buh said:

Literally no other fan base would allow this to carry on lol

What exactly are you going to do about it?  What could any fanbase do?  He realistically owns us anyway.  His investment in us very significantly exceeds the net assets of the club (disregarding the difference between cost and market value of our squad).

54 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

What exactly are you going to do about it?  What could any fanbase do?  He realistically owns us anyway.  His investment in us very significantly exceeds the net assets of the club (disregarding the difference between cost and market value of our squad).

Exactly MA owns us now ,

When you can not afford to pay someone back he takes your assets ,

10 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

Clearly we have to run with him and his entourage from where we are. Let's hope it turns out well.

Given that NCFC have the perhaps the most extensive shareholder network of any Club, asking how £96 million debt suddenly arose over 5 years and why there was no fan involvement in the other 3 potential candidates or indeed in moving club financing so substantially towards debt are surely perfectly valid questions?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, The Canaries Trust said:

IMG_9632.png

There is a particular point that the EFL investigators seem to think lengthy all-expenses paid trips to my offshore tropical island are necessary to delve into what one of them called the' 'deiberately complex Russian-doll nature' of my financial involvement in Norfolk... 

Edited by PurpleCanary

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is a particular point that the EFL investigators seem to think lengthy all-expenses paid trips to my offshore tropical island are necessary to delve into what one of them called the' 'deiberately complex Russian-doll nature' of my financial involvement in Norfolk... 

I hear you have already volunteered to put them up in your tax free exile paradise, should the need occur? 😉 

Posted (edited)

You’ll know when the takeover is completed when Mark marches into the Lion &Castle post match naked Hi Fiving everyone.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I hear you have already volunteered to put them up in your tax free exile paradise, should the need occur? 😉 

They have already in effect set up shop in the ''Only the little people pay taxes or obey corporate governance principles'' annexe... 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 09/04/2024 at 18:30, The Canaries Trust said:

IMG_9632.png

Glad's not having any of this!

I asked her and she told me "word down Roys Cafe is thass that Delia changing har will during the proocuss." Then she drew close, gripped my arm and said. "Tom's not contestenut anymore because they've agreed to let him choose the new manager in the summer". Then she whispered with sherry breath "thass gorna be Kenny and Hooze".

Edited by nutty nigel