Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

' The Clueless Bean Counter '

Not my words but a quote from the comments section of an article published in the EDP this evening regarding Richens dismissing the disconnect between the club and fans.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-anthony-richens-the-insight-disconnect-9348990?fbclid=IwAR2mAZnrAPSnOXwDYJjjELawuhS_n8BhzXMd0YuMjmyr_kQsuiELzW9o5h4

Yeah,yeah i know before i get accused on doing a cambridge regarding the starting of threads. 😜

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not my words but a quote from the comments section of an article published in the EDP this evening regarding Richens dismissing the disconnect between the club and fans.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-anthony-richens-the-insight-disconnect-9348990?fbclid=IwAR2mAZnrAPSnOXwDYJjjELawuhS_n8BhzXMd0YuMjmyr_kQsuiELzW9o5h4

Yeah,yeah i know before i get accused on doing a cambridge regarding the starting of threads. 😜

The comments section.

This is exactly an example of the disconnect of the highest order. Tony's made himself look a right plonker here. What a dolt.

They're detached from reality. When the protests start, maybe they can bury their head a bit deeper on Yarmouth beach!

Supporters also put the question of disconnect - with City fan Mark Jones asking: 'Are the club happy with the current disconnect between the club and its fanbase?'

In reply, Richens rejected those suggestions that supporters were feeling distant from the club they support.

"From us, we can clearly see that the fans are supporting the club this year whether that be through attendances at home games or the incredible support we've seen on the road.

The comments of a desperate clueless bean counter.

He sounds like a politician. A Truss supporter perhaps

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Everyone who mocked me for making threads that were on topics already being talked about is now doing the very same 😭    

Clearly I've always been ahead of the curve

I can't see any comments on that page?  Just tried diabling my ad-block and OMG, it's horrendous.

I feel that i'm missing something now... Where are the comments?! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I can't see any comments on that page?  Just tried diabling my ad-block and OMG, it's horrendous.

I feel that i'm missing something now... Where are the comments?! 🙂

r4RIzw6.png

• Thanks 1

Ah, I see it now.  Had to disable ad-block and it's about 12 adverts down, in-between about 3 million more adverts beneath.

Is that lot seperate from us lot here then?  Or is it the same people but different names?

Or are these EDP-opians?  This comment section on the pinkun pages is a bit of revelation for me. 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

“Chicken and egg situation” says Richens. Truly delusional. The team are not playing well because the supporters fail to get behind them? Insane , drivel. 28,000 supporters turn up at Carrow Road, they have the right to expect the team to actually try to win the game. The dull, turgid rubbish that Dean Smith , Grant Handball and all the other highly paid professional sportsmen display as entertainment will be why the fans are discontent. They feel that they deserve more. And they DO deserve more.The display against Luton last time out at Carrow Road sent most of us into a coma. A repeat of that performance against Stoke will see the supporters turn. Not just against Dean Smith but against the Directors who employed him and continue to back him. Richens is too clueless to see that.

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So on the clubs logic they only way they will recognise discontent is a boycott by season ticket holders? 

There’s plenty of casual seats that will/won’t get sold depending how we’re going.  Most in the Champs bring few supporters with them.

I have to say ‘disconnect’ feels the wrong word - your word of discontent seems more apt.  And it’s one that can change if results turn, or get worse if they don’t.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Ah, I see it now.  Had to disable ad-block and it's about 12 adverts down, in-between about 3 million more adverts beneath.

Is that lot seperate from us lot here then?  Or is it the same people but different names?

Or are these EDP-opians?  This comment section on the pinkun pages is a bit of revelation for me. 🙂

There’s a whole other sub-culture under the articles on the Pink Un. But on the occasions I’ve read it, it’s not been a very interesting one. It’s like they don’t know the message board exists. Which is no loss on our part. 

15 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who the **** is Tony Richens?? 

One of the less successful terrace chants of recent years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So on the clubs logic they only way they will recognise discontent is a boycott by season ticket holders? 

Are you a season ticket holder? Give it a try. Save your money. You're not enjoying yourself and it's not like your support is any benefit to the team. 

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

There’s plenty of casual seats that will/won’t get sold depending how we’re going.  Most in the Champs bring few supporters with them.

I have to say ‘disconnect’ feels the wrong word - your word of discontent seems more apt.  And it’s one that can change if results turn, or get worse if they don’t.

I can see it being a pretty bad atmosphere on Saturday if things go south. It feels a majority of the fans have turned with the ones I speak too. My point was more regarding the video in which the fd said the club feels everything is okay so long as people keep turning up. 

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Are you a season ticket holder? Give it a try. Save your money. You're not enjoying yourself and it's not like your support is any benefit to the team. 

I am a season ticket holder, I do not wish to give it up but thanks for the suggestion. I go these days as more of a social visit to the people I’ve sat next too for 30 years rather than to enjoy the football. If I didn’t turn up I’d still pay for the seat so either way they’d still get my money. 

id have to disagree with your analysis that my support though is no benefit to the team. I’ve been watching Norwich since smith was probably still at school. I only want what I think is best for my club just because my version of best does not align with yours does not mean our intent or desired destination is somehow less meaningful than the other. Every team needs people like you who will clap regardless of performance or if it’s earned, they also need people like me to hold them to account when they mess up and it’s not good enough for the fan base as a whole. You stay in your lane and do you and I’ll happily leave you to be as away with the clouds as you wish. 

• Like 5

A bean counter shouldn't be asked to field questions about the relationship with the fanbase. That's Webber's job. But maybe it's part of the 10%.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I can see it being a pretty bad atmosphere on Saturday if things go south. It feels a majority of the fans have turned with the ones I speak too. My point was more regarding the video in which the fd said the club feels everything is okay so long as people keep turning up. 

I hope it is a very bad atmosphere so LYB can stand up and shout at everyone for being disgraceful human beings and how they should be ashamed of the support they show and how could we expect highly paid professionals to pass a ball to each other over 10 yards when there's so much criticism in the stands. 

Hell put him on the mic at HT if need be, could be the new " let's be avin you "  

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I hope it is a very bad atmosphere so LYB can stand up and shout at everyone for being disgraceful human beings and how they should be ashamed of the support they show and how could we expect highly paid professionals to pass a ball to each other over 10 yards when there's so much criticism in the stands. 

Hell put him on the mic at HT if need be, could be the new " let's be avin you "  

🤣🤣🤣

I would love to be able to go in the dressing room pre or half time and give the players a proper talk. One that actually tells them how we want them to play and not the carp we’ve seen all season. 

i was always a big admirer of Brian Clough and remember him saying to his players you can’t out run the ball and it’s true. The amount of times we are so slow and ponderous even wasteful at times makes me miss the days of pass and move, pretty triangles and high press as a unit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You’re really genuinely unpleasant. I’ve never seen anyone with quite so much delusion about how people can’t possibly have different views to their own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

You’re really genuinely unpleasant. I’ve never seen anyone with quite so much delusion about how people can’t possibly have different views to their own. 

By contrast, the torrents of abuse thrown at anyone from the club who sticks their head above the parapet is all lovely and cuddly stuff.

You clearly have a lower threshold for unpleasantness when it touches a nerve with you than when it's others who are the target.

It’s a results business and at the moment the results aren’t good enough. There will be 0% of fans content with that. There is absolutely a huge disconnect between the club and fans, mainly because they decided to bump off a fan favourite manager and replace him with someone with the same personality as dirty dish water. For people like Smith they have to win people over by doing a good job, and he just isnt doing that right now.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

By contrast, the torrents of abuse thrown at anyone from the club who sticks their head above the parapet is all lovely and cuddly stuff.

You clearly have a lower threshold for unpleasantness when it touches a nerve with you than when it's others who are the target.

😂. You want to talk about targeting people with unpleasantness. I’ll just ask you to send me a few quotes of mine of where I’ve been unpleasant about Smith. I’ll extend that to anyone from the club that has ‘stuck their head above the parapet’

I’ll wait 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 minute ago, AJ said:

It’s a results business and at the moment the results aren’t good enough. There will be 0% of fans content with that. There is absolutely a huge disconnect between the club and fans, mainly because they decided to bump off a fan favourite manager and replace him with someone with the same personality as dirty dish water. For people like Smith they have to win people over by doing a good job, and he just isnt doing that right now.

That's the funny thing though. It wasn't a results business when we were 2nd. Back then, it was supposed to be all beautiful pirouettes on the way to the goal for it to be worth anything.

Now results are bad, it's back to being a results business.

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

😂. You want to talk about targeting people with unpleasantness. I’ll just ask you to send me a few quotes of mine of where I’ve been unpleasant about Smith. I’ll extend that to anyone from the club that has ‘stuck their head above the parapet’

I’ll wait 

I didn't accuse you personally of having been so. I was simply observing your indifference to the unpleasantness aimed at the club in contrast to your perception of my own unpleasantness.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's the funny thing though. It wasn't a results business when we were 2nd. Back then, it was supposed to be all beautiful pirouettes on the way to the goal for it to be worth anything.

Or…..

some fans feel it is important to play a certain way, when we don’t they understandably want Smith out. 

Other fans feel results are key, these fans understandably are not happy with the current results and feel that this means Smith should go. 

This is how different opinions work. 

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well, kind of. We were not playing particularly well and were always going to come unstuck against better teams, which we now are. It’s down to Smith to rectify that. 

• Like 1

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

Or…..

some fans feel it is important to play a certain way, when we don’t they understandably want Smith out. 

Other fans feel results are key, these fans understandably are not happy with the current results and feel that this means Smith should go. 

This is how different opinions work. 

Or in other words, club decision-making should be dictated at all times by a coalition of the disaffected instead of a properly considered approach.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I didn't accuse you personally of having been so. I was simply observing your indifference to the unpleasantness aimed at the club in contrast to your perception of my own unpleasantness.

I just understand that a forum is a place for people to express their views and fine times even vent about a topic. This topic being NCFC. My issue with your unpleasantness is that it’s directed at other posters.