Sheva

Craig Bellamy

Brilliant. Very pleasing to hear the affection he still has for the club.

I think Burnley have a quality addition to their coaching staff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brilliant. Very pleasing to hear the affection he still has for the club.

I think Burnley have a quality addition to their coaching staff.

Just listened to the section on Norwich. WOW is all I can say. Tremendous affection and tributes from Bellars to the club, the people who ran / run it and the names dripped off the tongue ..............'Peter Grant (the player), Steve Foley, Gordon Bennett'. He (and we) were so unlucky that two injuries curtailed his career here. Of course there was the infamous Muscat assault when Bellars and Iwan were forming a fearsome partnership. Many fans still think we could have got promoted had it not been for that assault. Then he missed pretty much a whole season with an ACL (I think it was).    

Great shame those two injuries and that we never saw him firing us to promotion.

• Like 1

Great to hear how much he still holds us in his heart, I have to say (for no reason what so ever) I always thought he'd be abit like Dïckhead Mills or Andy ' Norwich who ' Townsend in regards to his time with us. 

But to hear my first favourite ncfc player say about how much love his still has for us is great. 

• Like 1

Very articulate,

Particularly in the way he talks about tactics, style and coaching.

Probably too early to say it but would love to see him managing us one day 

I remember bumping into him in a club on Prince of Wales years ago, with Bramble and Dyer when they all played for Newcastle (during the off season). We had just been promoted and were due to play them early in the season, he said how much he hoped we stayed up. He was a really nice bloke, sat in the corner with a pint, whilst Bramble and Dyer were horrible and sleazing all over the girls. He didn't mind a few p*ssed up fans bothering him and even bought us a round. Said how much he loved the club and area and spent a good hour just chatting to us. Said he was horrible on the pitch because he just wanted to win so much. Completely different bloke to what I'd seen on the pitch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I remember bumping into him in a club on Prince of Wales years ago, with Bramble and Dyer when they all played for Newcastle (during the off season). We had just been promoted and were due to play them early in the season, he said how much he hoped we stayed up. He was a really nice bloke, sat in the corner with a pint, whilst Bramble and Dyer were horrible and sleazing all over the girls. He didn't mind a few p*ssed up fans bothering him and even bought us a round. Said how much he loved the club and area and spent a good hour just chatting to us. Said he was horrible on the pitch because he just wanted to win so much. Completely different bloke to what I'd seen on the pitch.

Probably the night when he had his indecent exposure incident at the Nelson Hotel.

7 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I wouldn't read into it too much, the bloke is an arsehole. Take it from me.

Complex character I'd say and misunderstood to an extent.

Done some real bell end things and he would get seriously on your nerves if you roomed with him at an away game.

But love the way he speaks from the heart and his passion for the game, and he invested a seven figure sum of his own money into building an academy in one of the poorest countries in the world, where kids get a free education along with football coaching... after travelling to the country and being shocked with just how little they had.

Steven Gerrard said that when Liverpool first signed Bellamy he was gutted that they'd sign a big time Charlie and that his perception completely changed when he saw how hard he worked in training and in the gym to improve himself as a player. 

Seems to be really highly respected by some seriously successful world class players like Kompany and Gerrard. And not world class but just as much of a great leader on the pitch... Gary Speed.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Prefer not to me old Essex. Very fond memories of him as a player, and great work in Africa. One of the few footballers I’ve ever talked too. 

6 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

When he was young he was all mouth. Maybe he's grew up and matured. Everyone deserves a second chance. 

Reminds me of a great football anecdote when he was at Newcastle, playing under Bobby Robson:

"There was one game where he brought Craig Bellamy off early because he thought the game was won and he wanted to save Craig’s legs.

"When we got back to the changing room, Craig was cursing about how he was always the first one to be hooked.

"Sir Bobby grew exasperated and said ‘will you shut up'.

"Craig kept jabbering away about the injustice and finally Sir Bobby snapped. ‘I’ll squash you, son, like an ant. ’Craig looked a bit taken aback but after a brief pause, started complaining again.

"'Who are you?' Sir Bobby said. 'Ronaldo, Romario, Stoichkov, Hagi, Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Gascoigne: these are the people I deal with. And who are you?'

"The changing room went quiet. Even Craig went quiet. And then Craig looked over at me and said ‘he’s got a point, hasn’t he?’"

Who was "me?" i.e. Whose anecdote is it?

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Complex character I'd say and misunderstood to an extent.

Done some real bell end things and he would get seriously on your nerves if you roomed with him at an away game.

But love the way he speaks from the heart and his passion for the game, and he invested a seven figure sum of his own money into building an academy in one of the poorest countries in the world, where kids get a free education along with football coaching... after travelling to the country and being shocked with just how little they had.

Steven Gerrard said that when Liverpool first signed Bellamy he was gutted that they'd sign a big time Charlie and that his perception completely changed when he saw how hard he worked in training and in the gym to improve himself as a player. 

Seems to be really highly respected by some seriously successful world class players like Kompany and Gerrard. And not world class but just as much of a great leader on the pitch... Gary Speed.

Wasn't he recently sacked from Cardiff under a cloud due to bullying allegations? 

Complex is probably correct.

16 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I've met him twice and he's been nothing short of an absolute Gent. A very likeable chap. 

On the pitch he's a different animal, but that's a different game.

F**k it,

Literally can be no worse.

Not sure if this is insanity or just my unconditional love for my Idol growing up,

Let's bring Bellers home.

He's driven to succeed, passionate and articulate when it comes football.

I just want to fall back in love with my football club.

• Like 1

This Craig Bellamy?

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/how-norwich-city-saved-craig-bellamy-30-000-but-still-578858

Craig Bellamy has revealed he offered Robbie Savage and his Derby team-mates £30,000 to scupper Norwich City's Championship promotion two years ago.

Canaries' academy product Bellamy was on loan at promotion rivals – and his boyhood club – Cardiff as the 2010-11 season entered its climax, with newly promoted Norwich in the box seat and the Welshmen breathing down their necks.

And while some part of him might have enjoyed his first professional club flying high, Bellamy reveals in his newly released autobiography Goodfella he put his money on the line to realise his dream of helping Cardiff to the Premier League.

'It was between us and Norwich,' said Bellamy. 'They were playing Derby and if they got anything other than a win, we would move ahead of them into second.

'Robbie Savage was playing for Derby at the time and I spoke to him the day before the game. I told him that if they won I'd give him £30,000 to share between them all. Pay for a night out, have a meal, do whatever you want. I told Sav I'd even give him the money if they got a draw. That's how desperate I was.

On 17/10/2022 at 21:44, CDMullins said:

Probably too early to say it but would love to see him managing us one day 

Not too early to say.

Could he get to Colney for 8am tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

This Craig Bellamy?

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/how-norwich-city-saved-craig-bellamy-30-000-but-still-578858

Craig Bellamy has revealed he offered Robbie Savage and his Derby team-mates £30,000 to scupper Norwich City's Championship promotion two years ago.

Canaries' academy product Bellamy was on loan at promotion rivals – and his boyhood club – Cardiff as the 2010-11 season entered its climax, with newly promoted Norwich in the box seat and the Welshmen breathing down their necks.

And while some part of him might have enjoyed his first professional club flying high, Bellamy reveals in his newly released autobiography Goodfella he put his money on the line to realise his dream of helping Cardiff to the Premier League.

'It was between us and Norwich,' said Bellamy. 'They were playing Derby and if they got anything other than a win, we would move ahead of them into second.

'Robbie Savage was playing for Derby at the time and I spoke to him the day before the game. I told him that if they won I'd give him £30,000 to share between them all. Pay for a night out, have a meal, do whatever you want. I told Sav I'd even give him the money if they got a draw. That's how desperate I was.

F**king love that win at all costs attitude to be fair.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

This Craig Bellamy?

Yes.

That Bellamy.

10 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

This Craig Bellamy?

Player wants boyhood/hometown club to get promoted while playing for them, willing to do this at all costs shocker.

Show me where it says he done it because he hates us?? 

🤷🤷 

You can simultaneously love a club but also want the club your at to beat them you know. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t mind seeing our Coach number 2 talking passionately and positively about our club, radiating enthusiasm and ambition. Loved that desire not just to win but to win well. Words can come easy but I believed the bit about staying so late at the club (Burnley) that “Vince” and him often book into a nearby hotel, knowing they have to be back at the ground at 7. 

8 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Cheers guys. I won't bother posting what happened next then.

I'm not entirely sure what your point would be?