Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Bradford- Another team mindlessly changing their badge

And from having a look on social media its all rather familiar. 'Change when change was not needed' and 'What was wrong with the old one? Nothing.' And all that. All sounds rather familiar to our badge change and our reception to that..

And all comes across as the familiar 'Well you see fans you'll find that simplification is in fact a good thing! Why? Beacause.. uh.. marketing! Buzz words! Meaningless mumbo jumbo about sales and identity!'

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

At least it's not a generic circular job like many revisions are nowadays. Bradford are like us and Wolves though - their team colours are so distinctive that they really should stand alone anyway.

I see a lot of WBA on the box due to an old friendship. No Throstle on the shirt. A tasteful w b a admittedly but best suited to a training jersey. We obviously got off lightly. 

Looks like the logo for a packet of chicken flavoured noodles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Looks like the logo for a packet of chicken flavoured noodles 

Pretty sure they stole the logo from every cheap knockoff KFC that's around on almost every street corner

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And from having a look on social media its all rather familiar. 'Change when change was not needed' and 'What was wrong with the old one? Nothing.' And all that. All sounds rather familiar to our badge change and our reception to that..

And all comes across as the familiar 'Well you see fans you'll find that simplification is in fact a good thing! Why? Beacause.. uh.. marketing! Buzz words! Meaningless mumbo jumbo about sales and identity!'

Looks fowl.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am guessing it cost them considerably less than £3million. Still a waste of money.

That's what you get for a poultry 3m these days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, paddycanary said:

That's what you get for a poultry 3m these days

I wouldn't shell out that much for a ( chicken) poxy badge.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 12:05, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whats the star for?

Have they won the World Cup like Ipswich have done three times? Or is it their team star rating on FIFA22🤭

Edited by TheRock

3 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Whats the star for?

Have they won the World Cup like Ipswich have done three times? Or is it their team star rating on FIFA22🤭

It's for the time they won the FA cup in 1911. Yes, 1911.

1 minute ago, TheRock said:

Whats the star for?

Bradford City are my second team (have lived up this way for well over 40 years) and I dislike the badge - like 90% of other Bradford fans. The star is for the FA Cup win in 1911!

Fattorini's made the first cup (then a Bradford company) and BCFC won it. Their only really big cup. So that's the reason. I don't like stars either but this is nevertheless the reason.

Link here if you're really interested!

https://fattorini.co.uk/trophy-makers/fa-cup/

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Bradford City are my second team (have lived up this way for well over 40 years) and I dislike the badge - like 90% of other Bradford fans. The star is for the FA Cup win in 1911!

Fattorini's made the first cup (then a Bradford company) and BCFC won it. Their only really big cup. So that's the reason. I don't like stars either but this is nevertheless the reason.

Link here if you're really interested!

https://fattorini.co.uk/trophy-makers/fa-cup/

Sounds like Fattorini's trophy didn't have too far to travel then. We do learn something new every day!

On 05/10/2022 at 13:05, cambridgeshire canary said:

And all comes across as the familiar 'Well you see fans you'll find that simplification is in fact a good thing! Why? Because.. uh.. marketing! Buzz words! Meaningless mumbo jumbo about sales and identity!'

Seriously, marketing is the reason. Specifically, the cleaner lines of the new ones are because they're designed as vector graphics, which can be scaled up to the side of a stadium without looking tatty like scaling old hand drawings.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

13 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Sounds like Fattorini's trophy didn't have too far to travel then. We do learn something new every day!

Yes, an interesting story. Fattorini was in the board of Bradford too! The shop has gone now from the centre of town. It's become a sad place really 😟. Fattorini's stayed for about 100 years and the place was a proper throwback in time with shop assistants everywhere.

There's another story too about Jimmy Spiers who was the Bradford goalie. Story here (spoiler alert...a sad one). It puts a lot of stuff into perspective I think. You win the FA Cup, the first ever, then serve in the war.

I guess that star ought (in some respects) to be in memory of Jimmy.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/history/remembering-jimmy-speirs-rangers-13401489#amp-readmore-target

Edited by sonyc