1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Was there any update/comment on Sam’s injury after the game?  I missed it if there was - I suppose Sorensen would fill in if any problems.

Not sure there was much, just said he felt something in his leg after the tackle. Could have been a precaution to take him off as much as anything but imagine he won't be around at the weekend

16 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Think it said foot rather than leg? 

Yeah, I'd read that McCallum said something felt wrong in his foot.

It looked like it was a contact injury. He tried to play on but then had to come off. It occurred during a tussle with an oppo player who appeard to tread on him - at least that's how it looked to me. Hope it's not a bad one. I guess we'll find out tomorrow... 

Feet are fragile. Hopefully just bruising but knowing our luck it will be a break and a few weeks out. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Feet are fragile. Hopefully just bruising but knowing our luck it will be a break and a few weeks out. Fingers crossed!

Metatarsal I believe, 3 months

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Ray said:

That is a shame, where did you hear the news?

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

That is a shame, where did you hear the news?

Newtonian, From someone who knows, can’t say more than that I’m afraid

25 minutes ago, Ray said:

Newtonian, From someone who knows, can’t say more than that I’m afraid

Oh my god that's terrible news if true ,it's a good job we gotta a Great Dane.😃

Edited by Canary dwarf

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Yeah, have to say, it did look like that might be the case from what I saw. So makes sense.

The good news about breaks is that in theory, the bone healing bit is 6-8weeks, you can start doing stuff from that point. So fitness wise, at least he'll be able to do light stuff before he can return. Time to hit the gym and get that core strength in tip top shape and perhaps, get a little stronger. 

55 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Anyone know the latest on Sam , is it a broken metatarsal?

Smith will probably tell us in the press conference tomorrow.

So 3 months without a left back and bali Mumbai loaned out, unless the other injured Sam is near fitness 

Gonna have to hope lungi stays fit.

1 minute ago, ZLF said:

So 3 months without a left back and bali Mumbai loaned out, unless the other injured Sam is near fitness 

Gonna have to hope lungi stays fit.

Are you saying McCallum is out for three months? Can't see that reported anywhere?

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Speaking of Sam's. Where on earth has Sam Byram gone once again?

Had a setback on his recovery from injury in pre season so still a few weeks away was what we were told recently

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Are you saying McCallum is out for three months? Can't see that reported anywhere?

Ah, just seen Ray's post above. Awful news if true...

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ah, just seen Ray's post above. Awful news if true...

I wonder if the pinkun journos are asleep on the job - absolutely nothing mentioned anywhere about us possibly being months without either of our two main left-back options.  Obviously not an issue?..

I was actually struck in their (original) article about the cup draw yesterday: it didn’t mention anywhere whether we’d been down t home or away, kind-of an important bit of info….it has since been changed, but wtaf.  I had to come onto the message board to find out.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I wonder if the pinkun journos are asleep on the job - absolutely nothing mentioned anywhere about us possibly being months without either of our two main left-back options.  Obviously not an issue?..

I was actually struck in their (original) article about the cup draw yesterday: it didn’t mention anywhere whether we’d been down t home or away, kind-of an important bit of info….it has since been changed, but wtaf.  I had to come onto the message board to find out.

It didn't look that serious an injury to McCallum at the time, so I think the Pinkun would be rather unwise to publish an article based on one post from a user on a messageboard.

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It didn't look that serious an injury to McCallum at the time, so I think the Pinkun would be rather unwise to publish an article based on one post from a user on a messageboard.

I’m not remotely suggesting they would write a piece based on one person’s comment - you’re rather missing the point; I was asking the question about Sam yesterday, as it seems quite important, but they haven’t even vaguely mentioned that us possibly having no left back is a potential issue.  I’d have hoped they might have done, but the standard of journalism is really pretty low. Instead we get a rather pointless article about a bloke we didn’t sign. Great. 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not remotely suggesting they would write a piece based on one person’s comment - you’re rather missing the point; I was asking the question about Sam yesterday, as it seems quite important, but they haven’t even vaguely mentioned that us possibly having no left back is a potential issue.  I’d have hoped they might have done, but the standard of journalism is really pretty low. Instead we get a rather pointless article about a bloke we didn’t sign. Great. 

Ah, I see. Fair point. To be honest I rarely read the Pinkun itself these days, I get my NCFC news from this board and the club website/app.

Not sure why the pink un journos would speculate when they only have to wait around 60 hrs from injury to press conference to find out the facts, they can write their articles after that.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

5 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Not sure why the pink un journos would speculate when they only have to wait around 60 hrs from injury to press conference to find out the facts, they can write their articles after that.

Oh, I don’t know, perhaps because it might be their job?   What’s the point them only writing stuff that we already know?  Odd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh, I don’t know, perhaps because it might be their job?   What’s the point them only writing stuff that we already know?  Odd. 

Exactly this. Journalists with contacts and skills meaning they provide insight and stories ahead of them being readily available by everyone are what journalists should be. My issue with Pink Un is that we never actually get that from them, we get a version of a story from another source on Twitter or Michael Bailey rehashed and put out. Cambridge gets news on here faster than pinkun journos do. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It depends what you want to read I guess but personally I wouldn't bother reading an article about possibly having no left backs when they will be reporting on the presser tomorrow morning and I'll hear what's happening from the horses mouth.