Pyro Pete

The Cost Of Living Crisis

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The US will never get rid of their nukes while Russia has them. Why does anyone else need to blow up the world?

With all the rhetoric coming out of Russia, even today about lobbing a nuke at London, would you trust the yanks to pull the trigger if Putin did go "full crazy" on us? No, and the Russians probably think the yanks wouldn't either. Hence we need our own deterrent, controlled by us, so they know what the repercussion would be.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11541111/Russia-readies-second-Yars-nuclear-missile-loading-silo.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

With all the rhetoric coming out of Russia, even today about lobbing a nuke at London, would you trust the yanks to pull the trigger if Putin did go "full crazy" on us? No, and the Russians probably think the yanks wouldn't either. Hence we need our own deterrent, controlled by us, so they know what the repercussion would be.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11541111/Russia-readies-second-Yars-nuclear-missile-loading-silo.html

I think we will always differ on this one mate.

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

i'm pretty sure Ukraine wished it hadn't given its nukes to Russia for a piece of paper guaranteeing its security.

Relying on the US is all very well, but its own political stability is still a bit worrying for my tastes.

Apart from a support role, we do rely totally on the Yanks.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apart from a support role, we do rely totally on the Yanks.

That's a bit strong, but as a topic, it's probably less related to the cost of living crisis than the House of Commons is to the House of Lords, so let's move on. 😄🤓🙃

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:
2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We can always protect ourselves with an article of the daily hell 'nuclear bonkers for all' as we hold it above our heads.

BTW. my toilet is blocked, all down to Putin and Iran, innit? London will be washed away in any case, just a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Seeing as the nurses are on strike today...

(warning: contains occasional swears)

God I hate this guy.

A one note joke pushed well past the point of amusement, and this is coming from someone who agrees with the politics of this particular character.

When millions in the country are at a desperate loss as to how they will pay their mortgages/rent, heat the homes, feed their children, along comes a Tory minister with the simple solution to all their fears and problems. God bless her!

Tory minister tells families to iron old wrapping paper to save money

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tory-minister-tells-families-to-iron-old-wrapping-paper-to-save-money/ar-AA15yJNa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=42233e5bdc0d41188e385931c9b0710c

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

When millions in the country are at a desperate loss as to how they will pay their mortgages/rent, heat the homes, feed their children, along comes a Tory minister with the simple solution to all their fears and problems. God bless her!

Tory minister tells families to iron old wrapping paper to save money

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tory-minister-tells-families-to-iron-old-wrapping-paper-to-save-money/ar-AA15yJNa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=42233e5bdc0d41188e385931c9b0710c

I always get my newspapers ironed before I eat my eggs and soldiers.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I always get my newspapers ironed before I eat my eggs and soldiers.

As it should be. I always get my soldiers ironed before I eat my eggs.

Edited by horsefly

38 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What? No kedgeree that the faithful old family retainer got up before she went to be to make for your breakfast?

53 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What? No kedgeree that the faithful old family retainer got up before she went to be to make for your breakfast?

Has to be bara lawr!

Interesting to see those wonderful benevolent Super Markets reducing the cost of Christmas "essentials" while blatantly and shamelessly ripping us all off on fuel prices.

Edited by Van wink

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Interesting to see those wonderful benevolent Super Markets reducing the cost of Christmas "essentials" while blatantly and shamelessly ripping us all off on fuel prices.

£1.34.9 per litre at Costco

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

£1.34.9 per litre at Costco

I always fine when I leave Norfolk the fuel is Cheaper, but not as cheap as you seem to have it. This just shows the profiteering that’s going on!

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I always fine when I leave Norfolk the fuel is Cheaper, but not as cheap as you seem to have it. This just shows the profiteering that’s going on!

Garages around 1.45 and Supermarkets around 1.48.

Do you not have a Costco in Norwich ? You have to pay to join, but everything is so cheap.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Garages around 1.45 and Supermarkets around 1.48.

Do you not have a Costco in Norwich ? You have to pay to join, but everything is so cheap.

I don’t know but even if we did there is no guarantee the fuel would be the same price in all their outlets. The Supermarkets seem to price their fuel by location!

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I don’t know but even if we did there is no guarantee the fuel would be the same price in all their outlets. The Supermarkets seem to price their fuel by location!

https://www.petrolprices.com/

It changes massively day to day often VW. Sainsbury's up here is 1.31 petrol but Morrisons who are usually very competitive are about 1.47.  Makes a big difference.

You can get price alerts texted to you for nowt if you're interested. One app above as an example. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

https://www.petrolprices.com/

It changes massively day to day often VW. Sainsbury's up here is 1.31 petrol but Morrisons who are usually very competitive are about 1.47.  Makes a big difference.

You can get price alerts texted to you for nowt if you're interested. One app above as an example. 

Thanks sonyc, so using the app the cheapest diesel in and around Norwich is 169.9 and petrol 147.9. Nothing anywhere near 1.31.

22 hours ago, horsefly said:

Top tip... don't iron the eggs.

14 hours ago, Well b back said:

Nearest is Stevenage or Liecester, 81miles or 100miles  away!!!!!

Edited by SteveN8458

So sick of hearing the word “solidarity” all the time, as well as “Solidarity to the workers” as well as “I support the strikes”. It’s all just an attempt to create as many media buzzwords as possible.

People who support strikes are only those who don’t use the service concerned, as it don’t affect them.

2 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

So sick of hearing the word “solidarity” all the time, as well as “Solidarity to the workers” as well as “I support the strikes”. It’s all just an attempt to create as many media buzzwords as possible.

People who support strikes are only those who don’t use the service concerned, as it don’t affect them.

Don’t know about other strikes, but I can assure you with regards the NHS strikes ( nurses and ambulance personnel ) that Tory MP after Tory MP are just lying to get you to hate them. 
If you don’t support the ambulance drivers, that means that you support the fact that they come in on shift, they pick somebody up, then sit outside a hospital, sometimes for the rest of their 12 hour shift, then go home. Or maybe you support the nurses having to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, not for the money, but because without those prepared to do that, the NHS would completely fall apart, due to the lack of numbers, mainly due to our European friends being told to f*** off home as the British will fill the jobs.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Don’t know about other strikes, but I can assure you with regards the NHS strikes ( nurses and ambulance personnel ) that Tory MP after Tory MP are just lying to get you to hate them. 
If you don’t support the ambulance drivers, that means that you support the fact that they come in on shift, they pick somebody up, then sit outside a hospital, sometimes for the rest of their 12 hour shift, then go home. Or maybe you support the nurses having to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, not for the money, but because without those prepared to do that, the NHS would completely fall apart, due to the lack of numbers, mainly due to our European friends being told to f*** off home as the British will fill the jobs.

Remember Thatcher saying Paramedics were just Taxi Drivers. Funny how she appreciated them after Brighton bombing.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So will the pay rises change the ambulances waiting outside the hospitals or stop nurses having to work 12 hour shifts?