Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Webbers clear out…..

Well it seems that Webber has seen that all his signings last season were not even up to the Championship level.

seems he is making an all out effort to get shot of many of them.

At least he can’t so far be criticised for this years incoming player as our recruitment must be so far be the lowest in numbers ever.

The cupboard is now totally empty, nothing to sell anymore. 

Weird that you've decided to make a couple things up to post a thread where the topic has been discussed a million times already.

• Like 1

Still got Sideshow Sargent and, for my money, I think he has a good chance of shining bright next season. He won't score many but he will make things happen up front with his workrate, effort, pace etc.

Discussing him reminds me of conversations I used to have with a mate about Heskey playing for England. He just didn't get it, but Heskey was a right royal PITA and created more than he scored.

I really liked how Sargent created that second goal against Cambridge by anticipating a pass, sliding in to cut it out and quickly passing to Hugill.

Yes, it was Cambridge, yes, they were tiring, yes, the keeper's pass was poor but it gave me enough of a glimmer of hope for him this season.

It's the hope that kills you though, isn't it?

• Like 2

What are u on about? The cupboard is hardly bare. Rashicha, Cantwell, Aaron’s, Giannoulis, Sargent, Tzolis, Gunn, Krul, Hanley, Idah, Gibbs, Rowe, Omobamidele, Gibson to name just a few will all demand a substantial sum. 
Add to that Sinani, Dowell, Hernandez, Gibbs, Hugill, Springett. 

21 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Still got Sideshow Sargent and, for my money, I think he has a good chance of shining bright next season. He won't score many but he will make things happen up front with his workrate, effort, pace etc.

Discussing him reminds me of conversations I used to have with a mate about Heskey playing for England. He just didn't get it, but Heskey was a right royal PITA and created more than he scored.

I really liked how Sargent created that second goal against Cambridge by anticipating a pass, sliding in to cut it out and quickly passing to Hugill.

Yes, it was Cambridge, yes, they were tiring, yes, the keeper's pass was poor but it gave me enough of a glimmer of hope for him this season.

It's the hope that kills you though, isn't it?

The comparison to Heskey must be heartbreaking if he is to ever read this 

Although if that will be Sarge's heart breaking or if it would be Emile heskey's is up for debate 

To make my stance clear and I'm.hope I'm proved wrong, but, imo, Josh Sargent is useless.

Edited by NeymarSmith
Spelling mistake ofc 🤣

The cupboard is not bare by a long shot, but last season's recruitment isn't looking any better... yet.  However, Sargent, Rashica and Gunn might be inspired this year and then attack the Premier League the year after as different players. They're all still pretty young and confidence is a funny thing in sport.

Patience is needed with the club right now so Smith can put his stamp on the team. My only caveat to that is we have to play better football than the hoofball we saw last year or I will want Smith and Webber gone by September. I can't watch us punt it long for very long without having a tantrum! I don't think that will be the case though and think we will get it right again. Although it might not be immediate and may even be next season.

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Well it seems that Webber has seen that all his signings last season were not even up to the Championship level.

seems he is making an all out effort to get shot of many of them.

At least he can’t so far be criticised for this years incoming player as our recruitment must be so far be the lowest in numbers ever.

The cupboard is now totally empty, nothing to sell anymore. 

You're an idiot.

Norwich

In

Isaac Hayden - Newcastle United, loan, Gabriel Sara - Sao Paulo, undisclosed

Out

Christoph Zimmermann - SV Darmstadt 98, undisclosed

Daniel Adshead - Cheltenham Town, undisclosed

Rocky Bushiri - Hibernian, undisclosed

Matthew Dennis - MK Dons, undisclosed

Akin Famewo - Sheffield Wednesday, undisclosed

Freddie Allen - Doncaster Rovers, free

Josip Drmic - Dinamo Zagreb, free

Reece McAlear - Tranmere Rovers, free

Flynn Clarke - Walsall, loan

Saxon Earley - Stevenage, loan

Bali Mumba - Plymouth, loan

Przemysław Płacheta - Birmingham City, loan

Solomon Alidor-Hamilton - released

Josh Giurgi - released

Nelson Khumbeni - released

Ola Okeowo - released

Aston Oxborough - released

Lukas Rupp - released

Great to hear about Webber’s clear out. I had one as well this morning, had quite a lot of spinach yesterday, that’s probably why. What did Webber eat?

5 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Great to hear about Webber’s clear out. I had one as well this morning, had quite a lot of spinach yesterday, that’s probably why. What did Webber eat?

Yak siht.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

What are u on about? The cupboard is hardly bare. Rashicha, Cantwell, Aaron’s, Giannoulis, Sargent, Tzolis, Gunn, Krul, Hanley, Idah, Gibbs, Rowe, Omobamidele, Gibson to name just a few will all demand a substantial sum. 
Add to that Sinani, Dowell, Hernandez, Gibbs, Hugill, Springett. 

You've mentioned Gibbs twice, and Tzolis has gone 😉

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’m having a spinach based supper tonight, I look forward to tomorrow’s events. 

23 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

You've mentioned Gibbs twice

One more and we would have the Bee Gees........ 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You've mentioned Gibbs twice, and Tzolis has gone 😉

On loan with Smith stating he wants him to get games and confidence and return to be a good player for Norwich... hardly binning him off... yet. 

9 hours ago, chicken said:

On loan with Smith stating he wants him to get games and confidence and return to be a good player for Norwich... hardly binning him off... yet. 

Didn't say he was being binned off, but can hardly be included in a list of this seasons players. 

I do suspect though that he'll never play for us again, only a prediction though not a statement of fact. 

20 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sargent? Rashica? Gunn? 

Gunn is backup / future project for Krul replacement so therefore is doing just fine for what he was signed for.

Sargent is young and still has room to improve. He might not have been PL standard but he has shown enough in the cup games etc. to suggest he will be OK at this level.

Rashica should tear up this league given his pedigree, another that didn't settle well in a poor team last season but should be more then good enough given we'll definitely be one of the big boys in the league and have the dogs share of the ball for a change

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m having a spinach based supper tonight, I look forward to tomorrow’s events. 

How was it for you?

4 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

How was it for you?

It was lovely! Made it up up with a aubergine a resident gave me where I work. I’ll give the recipe if interested. 

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It was lovely! Made it up up with a aubergine a resident gave me where I work. I’ll give the recipe if interested. 

Yes please!

On 28/07/2022 at 16:45, NeymarSmith said:

The comparison to Heskey must be heartbreaking if he is to ever read this 

Although if that will be Sarge's heart breaking or if it would be Emile heskey's is up for debate

There is no debate to be had.

Emile Heskey was an absolutely phenomenal team player and Sargent would snap your hand off for his career and trophy cabinet.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

There is no debate to be had.

Emile Heskey was an absolutely phenomenal team player and Sargent would snap your hand off for his career and trophy cabinet.

Had some absolute howlers though didn't he! 

Nobody in their right mind would say he was a hotshot, poacher or goal scorer. But fair play for the rest of his efforts