TIL 1010

Looks Like Michael Foulger IS Selling To The Yanks.

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

yes you are right 

i was just pointing out how strange it is that someone with 16 % has far more than the person with Majority shareholding 

So can invest / loan a lot more into the club if they want to 

so we could end up with  the party with 16 % maybe want to invest but the majority  shareholders do not want to invest or can not afford to invest anymore of their money and want a self funded model so i doubt they would want and loans with interest to be paid 

that is when i think the pressure for MWJ and Delia to sell to the Americans might come from the fans 

I'd imagine that this is the sort of discussion that is taking place ATM. Typically, but not without exception, US owners tend to be very "measured" in their investment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'd imagine that this is the sort of discussion that is taking place ATM. Typically, but not without exception, US owners tend to be very "measured" in their investment.

Shareholders with the inclination, money, expensive lawyers and a strategy can have far more influence than a minority stake would indicate. As @Badger points out discussions are probably in flow atm. It may only be 16% but  the Americans will want to wrap that up with legal protections for the stake and its value. And no, that doesn't mean a seat on the board, although that is a possible byproduct.

If the Yanks don't get a seat on the board there will be more unoccupied chairs around the table than occupied.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

If the Yanks don't get a seat on the board there will be more unoccupied chairs around the table than occupied.

i spoke to a Very successful American businessman i know about the Americans investing in the club 

he did not know any details etc but said unlikely they would invest etc without some say / position on board 

that was his view on things 

28 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i spoke to a Very successful American businessman i know about the Americans investing in the club 

he did not know any details etc but said unlikely they would invest etc without some say / position on board 

that was his view on things 

It was confirmed earlier this week that if the deal goes through there will be at least one US director:

"The club expects the sale of those shares to be concluded in the coming weeks, and we're really excited by the potential additional expertise that we'll have coming on to the board when that time comes."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It was confirmed earlier this week that if the deal goes through there will be at least one US director:

"The club expects the sale of those shares to be concluded in the coming weeks, and we're really excited by the potential additional expertise that we'll have coming on to the board when that time comes."

yes it makes perfect sense fresh ideas and hopefully fresh money 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

They’re obviously reserving one for the new chair of the audit committee and, maybe, another one to represent all minority shareholders - a seat for life position, no doubt! 😉

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, GMF said:

They’re obviously reserving one for the new chair of the audit committee and, maybe, another one to represent all minority shareholders - a seat for life position, no doubt! 😉

Alternatively they’re planning to trial a new version of the seat buyback scheme

I hope we won't give the Americans the chance to have any input into the catering at CR.

Things I don't want for sale at CR: Pretzels, bagels, Hershey bars and Twinkies. Lukewarm coffee made with over-roasted beans.

Things I don't want on the menu at Delia's : Biscuits, turnip greens and grits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I hope we won't give the Americans the chance to have any input into the catering at CR.

Things I don't want for sale at CR: Pretzels, bagels, Hershey bars and Twinkies. Lukewarm coffee made with over-roasted beans.

Things I don't want on the menu at Delia's : Biscuits, turnip greens and grits.

Everything will be super sized, especially the portions of scampi… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Copy and paste from elsewhere  which people might find interesting - disclaimer -  no idea how accurate it is 

Total shares 630,000

Delia & Michael -    327,109 - 53%

Fouger Family ( 3 sep holdings ) - 98,200 - 15.6%

J Jones (in Trust) 24,478 - 3:85%

Under 2% 

Old Supporters Trust - 10,219 

Carter - 7500 

Turners - 5000 

A Davison - 4040 

Bertram Books- 3818

Canaries Trust 3650

Archant - 3500 (held by administrator )

Neil Woolner 3000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Diane said:

Copy and paste from elsewhere  which people might find interesting - disclaimer -  no idea how accurate it is 

Total shares 630,000

Delia & Michael -    327,109 - 53%

Fouger Family ( 3 sep holdings ) - 98,200 - 15.6%

J Jones (in Trust) 24,478 - 3:85%

Under 2% 

Old Supporters Trust - 10,219 

Carter - 7500 

Turners - 5000 

A Davison - 4040 

Bertram Books- 3818

Canaries Trust 3650

Archant - 3500 (held by administrator )

Neil Woolner 3000

They were certainly still  accurate a month or so back, Diane. I would not be surprised if the old Jimmy Jones shares get snapped up by someone or other - probably Attanasio -  fairly soon, and perhaps the same with the Archant holding, although not necessarily by the same someone or other.

In fact Attanasio could buy most if not all of those under two per cent holdings and still stay comfortably below the 30 per cent mark at which he would have to make an offer for all the shares.

My guess is that he doesn't want to reach that tipping point yet, and that in any case if he is serious about increasing his holding and his degree of control he will eventually buy new shares.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They were certainly still  accurate a month or so back, Diane. I would not be surprised if the old Jimmy Jones shares get snapped up by someone or other - probably Attanasio -  fairly soon, and perhaps the same with the Archant holding, although not necessarily by the same someone or other.

In fact Attanasio could buy most if not all of those under two per cent holdings and still stay comfortably below the 30 per cent mark at which he would have to make an offer for all the shares.

My guess is that he doesn't want to reach that tipping point yet, and that in any case if he is serious about increasing his holding and his degree of control he will eventually buy new shares.

The old trust seems like an obvious one but it sounds from people on here that it is very difficult to actually get a dialogue going with the current owners.

53 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I made mention of 34,000 shares held by two shareholders being targeted by the Americans on the OSP Minutes thread which did not include those held by Archant. I hope you are not stealing someone's thunder by saying someone or other not the Americans. 😜

In answer to @king canary  the old Trust shares upon the death of Peter Sharman the trustee Barry Skipper has been left to administer affairs.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yep, if he bought all the shares in @Diane 's list excluding D&M's, he'd have just under 26% of the shareholding (163,405 out of 630,000). Plenty of time and scope for him to play the long game.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, if he bought all the shares in @Diane 's list excluding D&M's, he'd have just under 26% of the shareholding (163,405 out of 630,000). Plenty of time and scope for him to play the long game.

I assume that means most of the remaining 20 odd % are largely individual fans with a nominal amount of shares.

Just now, king canary said:

I assume that means most of the remaining 20 odd % are largely individual fans with a nominal amount of shares.

Yep. The bottom name on that list (Neil Woolner) has a shareholding of just under 0.5%, so presumably there'd be a fair few with shareholdings in the 0.1% to 0.5% bracket, which could all add up quite quickly if Attanasio was looking to reach the 30% mark... although you'd guess new shares would probably be issued before that eventuality arose.

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep. The bottom name on that list (Neil Woolner) has a shareholding of just under 0.5%, so presumably there'd be a fair few with shareholdings in the 0.1% to 0.5% bracket, which could all add up quite quickly if Attanasio was looking to reach the 30% mark... although you'd guess new shares would probably be issued before that eventuality arose.

If ever you are having a sleepless night wolfie this is better than counting sheep albeit from 2019.

Read the shareholders register lodged at Companies House where every single shareholder who has Preference A and B shares plus the 6000 ordinary shareholders can be seen. All 742 pages of it. 😂

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If ever you are having a sleepless night wolfie this is better than counting sheep albeit from 2019.

Read the shareholders register lodged at Companies House where every single shareholder who has Preference A and B shares plus the 6000 ordinary shareholders can be seen. All 742 pages of it. 😂

I guess that in a funny way it is very much like counting sheep... 😉

On 24/07/2022 at 22:44, TheGunnShow said:

Makes sense. Attanasio gets a smaller holding and eases his way in, finds out more about football and how the business works here, looks for similarities between that and baseball with his time at the Brewers, works with Delia, Michael and the rest of the board, then decides if he wants to push the envelope or not.

From my ultra-limited perspective it looks like both sides are doing their due diligence, don't want to waste each other's time, but do want to make sure they're fundamentally on the same hymn sheet.

I'm glad I took the time to read through before posting; you absolutely nailed it in my view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I made mention of 34,000 shares held by two shareholders being targeted by the Americans on the OSP Minutes thread which did not include those held by Archant. I hope you are not stealing someone's thunder by saying someone or other not the Americans. 😜

In answer to @king canary  the old Trust shares upon the death of Peter Sharman the trustee Barry Skipper has been left to administer affairs.

I had hoped the imminent share-buying spree by the PurpleCanary Universal Investment Corporation, headquartered for tax purposes on the International Space Station, had been kept secret but plainly someone has got wind of it.

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I had hoped the imminent share-buying spree by the PurpleCanary Universal Investment Corporation, headquartered for tax purposes on the International Space Station, had been kept secret but plainly someone has got wind of it.

You could be right about getting wind of something but it doesn't involve your PCUIC as you well know but a good effort at deflection.

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You could be right about getting wind of something but it doesn't involve your PCUIC as you well know but a good effort at deflection.

Interesting that you're so sure you're right about this, given your recent track record in predicting Norwich City share sales/purchases..🤓

42 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Interesting that you're so sure you're right about this, given your recent track record in predicting Norwich City share sales/purchases..🤓

There was a perfectly good reason for the smokescreen so just wait a while more for it to unfold as you cannot beat receiving a call from the horses mouth. 😜

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you suggesting the old trust shares will go to the Americans? 

Good to see some progress in bringing those shares into play but shouldn't they belong to the fan base as a whole given the history?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Are you suggesting the old trust shares will go to the Americans? 

Good to see some progress in bringing those shares into play but shouldn't they belong to the fan base as a whole given the history?

Maybe you should send Barry Skipper an email.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I guess that in a funny way it is very much like counting sheep... 😉

Hope there are some sheep dogs too.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

An analysis posted on here recently is attached.

20220101_184103.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

There was a perfectly good reason for the smokescreen so just wait a while more for it to unfold as you cannot beat receiving a call from the horses mouth. 😜

‘Smokescreen’ eh? I think not. Except in the sense that there might well have been some deliberate misinformation from Attanasio/Foulger that was taken by  some innocents as  true, as it was meant to be, and broadcast as such.

I would say there are still some bridges to be crossed in this saga, but it appears you are certainly now putting your shirt on being right this time.😍 

Edited by PurpleCanary

image.png.9ada8ec080ab5385107b80731a8898e7.png

image.png.5bc403d1d2e2cc994ffeeb9fb7edf71c.png

Anyone  know what the Trusts exciting news is that they are tweeting about,  anything to do with their shares ? 

Edited by Greavsy