Sign in to follow this  
CaptCanary

Cambridge Utd - Tuesday

It's only a friendly, so no reason for it not to go ahead. Both teams can ask the ref to stop for drinks breaks every 15 minutes or whatever they feel fit. Norwich have a whole host of sports scientists etc, they keep those players in top conditions so there's absolutely no worries there.

As for the fans, slap on your suncream, wear a hat and bring a large flask of water and you'll be absolutely fine, it'll be like watching football on the beach in Mallorca 

Can i just turn up & get a ticket? Is it likely to be sold out? Not too far from me but don't want a wasted journey in this weather.

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Can i just turn up & get a ticket? Is it likely to be sold out? Not too far from me but don't want a wasted journey in this weather.

Clubs doing a 5 quid stream if you fancy it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Yes, the club tweeted the other day that tickets will be available on the gate.

• Thanks 1

Its 8pm now in case gou haven't noticed, think I ll stick with the stream in this heat

5 hours ago, AJ said:

It's only a friendly, so no reason for it not to go ahead. Both teams can ask the ref to stop for drinks breaks every 15 minutes or whatever they feel fit. Norwich have a whole host of sports scientists etc, they keep those players in top conditions so there's absolutely no worries there.

As for the fans, slap on your suncream, wear a hat and bring a large flask of water and you'll be absolutely fine, it'll be like watching football on the beach in Mallorca 

"It's only a friendly" isn't a reason to continue the fixture, it's a reason to cancel it.

It's bizarre this is going ahead during a red weather warning. 

I see Orient have moved their game to behind closed doors , following advice from the relevant authorities telling people not to travel tomorrow unless its urgent, instead they are streaming it for both sets of fans ( yet Portsmouth players are still travelling & playing)

Please take care if youre travelling to Cambridge,  today was hot enough, tomorrow will be even worse 

Edited by Diane

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"It's only a friendly" isn't a reason to continue the fixture, it's a reason to cancel it.

It's bizarre this is going ahead during a red weather warning. 

It was 32 degrees at 8pm tonight, and 28 at 9pm. Assuming it's similar tomorrow, it's not unheard of to play at those temperatures at 3pm on a Saturday

Edited by AJ

20 minutes ago, AJ said:

It was 32 degrees at 8pm tonight, and 28 at 9pm. Assuming it's similar tomorrow, it's not unheard of to play at those temperatures at 3pm on a Saturday

In a league game. 

In a friendly health should come first.

16 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

In a league game. 

Surely health should come first everytime. 

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Terminally Yellow takes that one on the chin

9 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

In a league game. 

The club clearly don't have any health concerns over the players playing in the heat, and the sun will have set by the time the second half kicks off, in fact I imagine the pitch will be in shade for most of the game.  These players played in 30+ heat at the weekend and no one was complaining about that.

This isn't 50 year old Dave and his mates playing 5 a side, these are extremely fit 20-30 year olds playing in conditions that they will have played in only 3 days ago.

The concern that does exist is the health of the fans visiting the ground, both home and away.  I hope everyone is sensible and brings water etc.

See you at The Abbey this evening!

19 hours ago, AJ said:

Except there aren't many Mick George skips on the beach in Mallorca

49 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You could learn from that. 

I played last night on 30 degrees. We stopped for water after 30 mins and carried on. Was not really an issue and we are hardly fit. If managed well it’s more minutes in the legs and getting touch back so well worth it. That said I’d not bother watching it for any kind of spectacle, assuming both sets of players will be told to take it very easy. 

5 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I played last night on 30 degrees. We stopped for water after 30 mins and carried on. Was not really an issue and we are hardly fit. If managed well it’s more minutes in the legs and getting touch back so well worth it. That said I’d not bother watching it for any kind of spectacle, assuming both sets of players will be told to take it very easy. 

"I went for a drive earlier. No idea why airports closed their runways. It was fine when I dropped the kids off at school"

Edited by kirku

17 hours ago, Greavsy said:

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Clearly it doesn't when they're playing a friendly match in a city still recording 38c temperatures as we speak. 

1 hour ago, kirku said:

"I went for a drive earlier. No idea why airports closed their runways. It was fine when I dropped the kids off at school"

No problems, just make sure you take some water.

Volcano tourism is booming, but is it too risky?

31 minutes ago, Herman said:

"Went for a swim in the sea over the weekend, was absolutely fine. All these snowflakes who got eaten by sharks need to grow a pair, if you ask me"

On 19/07/2022 at 17:45, Herman said:

Volcano tourism is booming, but is it too risky?

On 19/07/2022 at 18:18, kirku said:

"Went for a swim in the sea over the weekend, was absolutely fine. All these snowflakes who got eaten by sharks need to grow a pair, if you ask me"

"Just take some water"

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1