jaberry2

Coritiba - New Link

How do these tie ups work?  I assume Coritiba are not going give us free top quality players?  So how does it work?

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

How do these tie ups work?  I assume Coritiba are not going give us free top quality players?  So how does it work?

Seems to be about pooling together various sorts of data. Most exciting to fans would probably be the recruitment side of it as that obviously guarantees an aeroplane full of Brazilian superstars will be touching down in Norwich this summer. Jokes aside if you take a look at the article on the club site it seems a lot more promising than the link with the Hungarian side a while back.

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

They get McLean and we get any first choice of their current starting eleven. 

5 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I see we have now decided to link up with Coritiba. Hopefully we can get some Brazilian talent in 

Definitely in favour of some Brazilian talent. How about this for starters?

image.jpeg.d6a7a03839bd1db47d1dc79ea9962aa6.jpeg

Two blondes sitting on the beach.

Blonde 1. "I had a Brazilian last night."

Blonde 2. "A Brazilian!"  "How many is that?"

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 2

Looking at the last 10 seasons on Transfermarkt, almost all of their incomings and outgoings have been either free transfers or loans. This seems strange so I don’t know whether it’s accurate but if it is, it suggests that they won’t be unearthing a load of young talent for us to get our hands on.

15 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Seems to be about pooling together various sorts of data. Most exciting to fans would probably be the recruitment side of it as that obviously guarantees an aeroplane full of Brazilian superstars will be touching down in Norwich this summer. Jokes aside if you take a look at the article on the club site it seems a lot more promising than the link with the Hungarian side a while back.

I suppose we could share data, give first dibs on talent who is coming through and possibly loaning players were there is a benefit to both teams.

I assume there maybe a way to do deals where we buy players before they can get the work permit an loan them to Cortiba in some sort of at cost deal.  I assume they are a better side and more attractive to play for than ourselves, unless a player wants more cash.

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Looking at the last 10 seasons on Transfermarkt, almost all of their incomings and outgoings have been either free transfers or loans. This seems strange so I don’t know whether it’s accurate but if it is, it suggests that they won’t be unearthing a load of young talent for us to get our hands on.

Is that possibly the plan, they identify we buy them, for a few hundred thousand upto a couple of million, and then loan them to Cortiba so they develop the players who come to us once they have played enough games to get a work permit?

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

I suppose we could share data, give first dibs on talent who is coming through and possibly loaning players were there is a benefit to both teams.

I assume there maybe a way to do deals where we buy players before they can get the work permit an loan them to Cortiba in some sort of at cost deal.  I assume they are a better side and more attractive to play for than ourselves, unless a player wants more cash.

58 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Is that possibly the plan, they identify we buy them, for a few hundred thousand upto a couple of million, and then loan them to Cortiba so they develop the players who come to us once they have played enough games to get a work permit?

It could be this. I'd assume that our data, analysis and technological advancements are ahead of theirs and we'll assist them with that side, and we get to park any potential new South American recruits there whilst they develop and become eligible for a work permit. If I'm not mistaken, players who play regularly in the Brazilian top flight should get work permits quite comfortably so if we do find any hidden gems in South America, we can buy them, send them to Coritiba and if they do well then we can bring them over.

Maybe?

25 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It could be this. I'd assume that our data, analysis and technological advancements are ahead of theirs and we'll assist them with that side, and we get to park any potential new South American recruits there whilst they develop and become eligible for a work permit. If I'm not mistaken, players who play regularly in the Brazilian top flight should get work permits quite comfortably so if we do find any hidden gems in South America, we can buy them, send them to Coritiba and if they do well then we can bring them over.

Maybe?

Seems to make sense, let's hope it is successful.  I like the thinking, I just do not recall these tie ups working well, except perhaps with Watford.

On 04/06/2022 at 12:36, Newtopia said:

then loan them to Cortiba so they develop the players who come to us once they have played enough games to get a work permit?

This is my thinking as well, good if they stay in Serie A. 

But it appears they have yo-yo'd as much as use since 2017.   Don't players have to be established at the highest level to qualify for permit?

I guess if we were prem league and had more resources, we would help fund these better youngsters coming in which would in turn help them to maintain Serie A status.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Yesterday. 🇧🇷 

Their defence looks as quality as ours.

Edited by jaberry2