TIL 1010

Those That Know Will Know.

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and grass

My first car was a Morris 1300, wonder which player owned the one in the picture?

9 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Tommy Bryceland and Lol Morgan ?

You are not a sillysausage after all.

5 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Terry Anderson, George Lee, Lol Morgan, Alan Black, Laurie Brown, Don Heath, Mal Lucas, Terry Alcock.

Laurie Brown or Gordon Bolland?

7 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Terry Anderson, George Lee, Lol Morgan, Alan Black, Laurie Brown, Don Heath, Mal Lucas, Terry Alcock.

7 minutes ago, sillysausage said:

Yep you got it 

Good old days, many happy memories triggered by those photos.

How the years fly by.

Thanks Til for again jogging some happy memories.  Some people with even better memories on the forum today.  Nice to see a pic of Mal Lucas.  I tend to get very fixed images in my head of players I watched 50 odd years ago but whenever I think of him I always think of him scoring goals from outside the penalty area with both-feet-off-the-ground volleys.  Anybody else remember that?  A bit like I remember Kenny Foggo's goals always being with the outside of his right foot so swerving round the keeper into the far corner.

8 minutes ago, Rottingdean canary said:

Thanks Til for again jogging some happy memories.  Some people with even better memories on the forum today.  Nice to see a pic of Mal Lucas.  I tend to get very fixed images in my head of players I watched 50 odd years ago but whenever I think of him I always think of him scoring goals from outside the penalty area with both-feet-off-the-ground volleys.  Anybody else remember that?  A bit like I remember Kenny Foggo's goals always being with the outside of his right foot so swerving round the keeper into the far corner.

Indeed, just like I remember all Terry Allcocks goals as headers.

At a guess I would say that photo is from 1967 or 68.

• Like 1

Mal Lucas was a fine player and I enjoyed his spell here but,sadly,my most abiding memory of him was passing back to our keeper from just inside our own half against,of all teams,the Binners and straight to Colin Viljoen who promptly scored.If my memory is not completely addled I seem to remember him repeating the same thing later........with the same result.Viljoen scored a hat-trick that day and I think that we we lost 3-2 or 3-1😢

• Sad 1

On 28/05/2022 at 16:30, sillysausage said:

Tommy Bryceland and Lol Morgan ?

You beat me to it.

Lol Morgan was the manager when we beat Matt Busby's Man U 2-1 in the FA Cup at Old Trafford in February 1967.  Possibly these pictures were taken in the build-up to that event.  It was my first away game.  

He died just a few months ago in January 2022 aged 90.  RIP.

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, just like I remember all Terry Allcocks goals as headers.

At a guess I would say that photo is from 1967 or 68.

I think it has to be 1967. He wasn't here long and the picture is winter time. Suppose it could be late 1966 but I doubt it. I don't think its 1968 as Heath had gone by then.

Don Heath used to get the bus to the city from Linacre Ave 

Must have missed it on average twice a week used to run him down to  Trowse in my van

Ruel Fox

Mark Farrington

Paul Kinnaid

All lodged in Sprowston 

18 hours ago, daly said:

Must have missed it on average twice a week used to run him down to  Trowse in my van

Ruel Fox

Mark Farrington

Paul Kinnaid

All lodged in Sprowston 

I believe Barry Butler lived there too.

In the 1970s a number of players lived in Eaton including Peter Silvester - on Saturdays I sometimes delivered his milk while the milkman went round collecting the money. 

Edited by benchwarmer

9 hours ago, daly said:

Ruel Fox

Mark Farrington

Paul Kinnaid

All lodged in Sprowston 

Numerous club owned bungalows around Sprowston dating back to the late 50s/early 60s built by Major Hackett.