bringbackchippy

Stuart Webber. Top man!

Just listened to the interview, talks a hell of a lot of sense, I for one am proud of our club on and off the pitch, Webber is doing a great job running the club as most supporters would have wanted. Finance is always gona be an issue, that's why the academy is vital. He gambled on signings in the close season, no doubt they had quality but as a lot of foreign players, didnt deliver on the pitch, not  all Webbers fault.

He talks about the fans, we need to get the atmosphere back, lm sure it will be next season if we are doing well. But to create atmosphere you need singing, new songs and plenty of them, not Ye Army or OTBC 20 times a game, pathetic effort.

We need a Viera type next season, someone big and strong who can boss midfield, then lm sure we will be OK. 

If your a fan you like excitement at games, promotion is great let's keep achieving it, ld prefer to be a yo yo club rather than a boring Burnley or a skint Sheff Utd!

• Like 6

Re the atmopshere, I really think that the Championship title being behind closed doors mean the fans didnt have 'momentum' themselves and impacted.

Webber being criticised for saying it but the atmosphere was poor at the start of the season compared to other seasons. I do think the covid title win was a big part of that. We had no new songs for our heroes that season, we didn't celebrate together with players when scoring crucial goals, it all makes a difference.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Just listened to the interview, talks a hell of a lot of sense, I for one am proud of our club on and off the pitch, Webber is doing a great job running the club as most supporters would have wanted. Finance is always gona be an issue, that's why the academy is vital. He gambled on signings in the close season, no doubt they had quality but as a lot of foreign players, didnt deliver on the pitch, not  all Webbers fault.

He talks about the fans, we need to get the atmosphere back, lm sure it will be next season if we are doing well. But to create atmosphere you need singing, new songs and plenty of them, not Ye Army or OTBC 20 times a game, pathetic effort.

We need a Viera type next season, someone big and strong who can boss midfield, then lm sure we will be OK. 

If your a fan you like excitement at games, promotion is great let's keep achieving it, ld prefer to be a yo yo club rather than a boring Burnley or a skint Sheff Utd!

You're very easily pleased if you thought that was a good interview. 

Major organisations and blue chip companies would never tolerate such passive aggressive behaviour and as a piece of PR, all it has achieved is to divide the position of the club and the media/fans even further. He's clearly a man with issues. 

He would be sacked at any other club, yet the board clearly sanctioned this car crash and condone his divisive behaviour. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

The interview was staged. Hard to understand how anyone can take much from it. 

Stuart Webber. Top man!

Yep, folk have unfairly tor into him just as he's about to reach the peak of his career....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Stuart Webber. Top man!

Yep, folk have unfairly tor into him just as he's about to reach the peak of his career....

db-ncfc-dean-smith-nov21-02-1-.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

Just listened to the interview, talks a hell of a lot of sense

Really?

I watched the interview expecting it to be a discussion about our season, the title suggested that.

Instead I watched an interview which was all about Stuart Webber.

An absolute cult of personality, centered around somebody with a god complex, he's making me really miss David McNally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

It all depends what you want from your club I suppose. If it’s just to exist then he’s doing a cracking job. Me personally I want us to be the best we can possibly be. 
I’m also far from proud of the club on the pitch. Webber has assembled one of our worst top flight teams ever. Under our current model we’re not going to be able to compete to buy the best players but we can definitely buy the correct type of player to at least make the games competitive. 
Losing to a team with better players is fine. Losing to teams because we can’t get anywhere near them because of a lack of pace and physicality is firmly at webbers door.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

I for one am proud of our club on and off the pitch, Webber is doing a great job running the club as most supporters would have wanted.

Jesus Christ... just no. 

Your proud of him being billy big boll0cks to fans?
Your proud of him refusing local press interaction?
You proud of the performance put in the 21/22 season?
Your proud of the Mount Everest climb becoming the biggest news out of the club in the last 3 months?

Just no.

• Like 3

Another Stuart Webber thread. Deep joy.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus Christ... just no. 

Your proud of the Mount Everest climb becoming the biggest news out of the club in the last 3 months?

Just no.

Such a weird post. 

14 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Didn't we come 20th & last in the Premier league ??!!

I think a more appropriate title for this thread would be Stuart Webber - Bottom Man ! 

4 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Stuart Webber is out of his depth.

He's not swimming the channel as well is he? 

If that interview had been for a company with customers that made rational choices (ie not tied to one club / business) and also expected quality for their cash, he'd be gone. He is embarrassing himself..

22 hours ago, komakino said:

You're very easily pleased if you thought that was a good interview. 

Major organisations and blue chip companies would never tolerate such passive aggressive behaviour and as a piece of PR, all it has achieved is to divide the position of the club and the media/fans even further. He's clearly a man with issues. 

He would be sacked at any other club, yet the board clearly sanctioned this car crash and condone his divisive behaviour. 

He's merely using language that idiots can understand.

Agree with him totally about the bedsheet brigade and it's about time people started to think about the complexities of running a football club at the highest level.

Absolutely sick and tired of wading through threads from those demanding the right to be at the top table season after season.

For any fan who feels they need more the situation can be easily remedied by providing the £300 million required to consolidate a Premier League spot (possibly...)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Stuart Webber is out of his depth.

Brilliant!!!!

LOL

Just now, Bucks said:

Agree with him totally about the bedsheet brigade and it's about time people started to think about the complexities of running a football club at the highest level.

Absolutely sick and tired of wading through threads from those demanding the right to be at the top table season after season.

For any fan who feels they need more the situation can be easily remedied by providing the £300 million required to consolidate a Premier League spot (possibly...)

It’s not about demanding to be at the top table. It’s not even about surviving. It’s about not being embarrassed. Stuart Webber has done that twice now and refuses to take responsibility. Poor leadership. The guys a weasel.

4 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Minus 61 goal difference...

Sick and tired of idiots that confuse honesty with arrogance and ego.

20 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus Christ... just no. 

Just no.

Oh no...a man wanting a climb a mountain to gain some perspective of the world we live in and our miniscule place and role in it. Does not compute...does not compute. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Minus 61 goal difference...

Sick and tired of idiots that confuse honesty with arrogance and ego.

Are you seriously suggesting the Webber should have prevented any of those going in? 

The informed are entitled to be perceived as arrogant or egotistical in my opinion. They earn that right opposite the bedsheet-sporting buffoons whose business plan's would start with a crayon. 

The alternative would be to agree with those naysayers and entitled fans, who have zero meaningful suggestions or solutions, but a limitless supply of uniformed criticism.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Are you seriously suggesting the Webber should have prevented any of those going in? 

The informed are entitled to be perceived as arrogant or egotistical in my opinion. They earn that right opposite the bedsheet-sporting buffoons whose business plan's would start with a crayon. 

The alternative would be to agree with those naysayers and entitled fans, who have zero meaningful suggestions or solutions, but a limitless supply of uniformed criticism.

No I am suggesting the £60m worth of "talent" he scouted should have.

If you are successful in your goals then I get some arrogance, although the really great tend to be far more classy. 

The alternative would be a sporting director who actually wants to be here giving 100% and not one baiting fans outside having to be held back by his wife.. I am embarrassed for the "informed"🤭 Webber

1 hour ago, Bucks said:

Oh no...a man wanting a climb a mountain to gain some perspective of the world we live in and our miniscule place and role in it. Does not compute...does not compute. 

Climbing Everest is a stupid thing to do.
1) Environmental foot print - all the sh1t.... literally left up there
2) Puts other peoples lives in danger - google the bodies of Everest and explore (also link this to environment)

Only the arrogant and the fuc*ing stupid go up there.
If you want perspective of your role in the world. Get into Buddhism or even better buy a fishing rod and sit at the side of the lake.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

10 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Climbing Everest is a stupid thing to do.
1) Environmental foot print - all the sh1t.... literally left up there
2) Puts other peoples lives in danger - google the bodies of Everest and explore (also link this to environment)

Only the arrogant and the fuc*ing stupid go up there.
If you want perspective of your role in the world. Get into Buddhism or even better buy a fishing rod and sit at the side of the lake.

It's a bigger world than the average fan tends to consider...relegation doesn't really cut it alongside a war or famine or human trafficking. 

I'm not suggesting the climb is without it's cost, but what he does with the knowledge and perspective gained could outweigh the 'footprint' as you call it.

If he's got any sense, he will leave the sport and do something more meaningful. It can't be any fun reading some of the crap the knuckle-draggers are currently spouting in their tiny lives. 

2 minutes ago, Bucks said:

It's a bigger world than the average fan tends to consider...relegation doesn't really cut it alongside a war or famine or human trafficking. 

I'm not suggesting the climb is without it's cost, but what he does with the knowledge and perspective gained could outweigh the 'footprint' as you call it.

If he's got any sense, he will leave the sport and do something more meaningful. It can't be any fun reading some of the crap the knuckle-draggers are currently spouting in their tiny lives. 

Sorry Stu, didnt mean to upset you mate.

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

and 

9 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

...and pathetic, childish responses like this are prime examples of why it is impossible for the club to communicate effectively with true fans.  Webber's error was to communicate with those who don't deserve a response, because of the energy that they sap from the club. Target communication at the 21,500 who renewed with a vow of continued support and leave the others to their fruit-based cider and nonsensical tik-tok-destined protests. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bucks said:

and 

...and pathetic, childish responses like this are prime examples of why it is impossible for the club to communicate effectively with true fans.  Webber's error was to communicate with those who don't deserve a response, because of the energy that they sap from the club. Target communication at the 21,500 who renewed with a vow of continued support and leave the others to their fruit-based cider and nonsensical tik-tok-destined protests. 

Jesus Christ, no wonder you like Webber so much, sounds you like also believe your own self righteous bull sh1t,
True fans..... just wow

Shut your trap 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

I’ve never particularly been the biggest fan of Webber, but nor am I anti - to me he’s doing a job and he should do it well as that’s what he’s paid for.  There’s clearly been a lot go on to improve things at the club so that has to be borne in mind as a credit.  However, the simple fact is that the season was a disaster from the football aspect, which largely sits at his door and with NCFC being a football club, it is pretty much the most important thing: having state of the art facilities isn’t much use if the players get nothing from them.

I think part of the problem with him is that he’s the kind of guy who says “if you want me to apologise then ok, I apologise” rather than actually apologising.  There’s a difference that’s sadly lost on many these days, perhaps it’s down to ego/arrogance - but a true leader has multiple characteristics, empathy being one (which is why our PM’s apologies are so hollow).

That said, there’s fair points made - some of the media coverage was horrendous, particularly the likes of Talk****e - but burning bridges with local media does seem pointless and steps have to be taken to repair things.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus Christ, no wonder you like Webber so much, sounds you like also believe your own self righteous bull sh1t,
True fans..... just wow

Shut your trap 

'Shut your trap'... playground language and yet, so typical of the nonsense that we are having to put up with from a dullard minority who have completely changed the vibe and atmosphere surrounding the club.

Hopefully you are not an attendee, because quite frankly you are an embarrassment.