Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Is there a direct correlation between those who appear to hate the National Anthem/The Royal Family etc and those who are so vicious towards our owners? Some very familiar names......

No.

The National Anthem is a dirge of epic proportions. I have a grudging admiration for Queenie and all she's been through, and maybe even Charlie a bit. But not any of the other hangers on, it's all such an outdated concept. I do wonder if Charlie will pass on being King, if indeed such a thing is possible.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Excuse me everyone but this thread is about hating scousers not hating the royals

It's about whatever you want it to be 😁 since when has a Pinkun thread stayed on topic. We've got poster slagging yet to come...

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

No.

No from me too. More the other way round. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Excuse me everyone but this thread is about hating scousers not hating the royals

There's my problem. I don't hate either of them. I don't really understand hate; people are generally born into a situation which their environment then develops. I can't hate someone for being a Liverpool fan, however they behave, anymore than I can hate someone for having the good (or bad) fortune for being a member of the Royal Family, however they behave.

Mind you, I could probably make an exception for 1p5wich fans, who really should know better.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Oh dear, poor mememeMeghan.  Surely you’re not suggesting that it wasn’t her intention all along to move to the US and to use her connection with the Royal Family to further her profile and career?

Jesus, you really are brainwashed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Jesus, you really are brainwashed. 

Hahahahaha, if you say so.  By the way, I never read the Daily Mail, in case you’re wondering.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

There's my problem. I don't hate either of them. I don't really understand hate; people are generally born into a situation which their environment then develops. I can't hate someone for being a Liverpool fan, however they behave, anymore than I can hate someone for having the good (or bad) fortune for being a member of the Royal Family, however they behave.

Mind you, I could probably make an exception for 1p5wich fans, who really should know better.

I was ambivalent right up to the point that the Queen paid solicitors to challenge the constitutional rights of American citizens as regards the statute of limitations on sex offences. Whatever people might think of the Americans they are supposedly our greatest ally and moreover a democracy that is fully entitled to its own laws. 

If the President or his wife challenged our laws in the High Court in order to get their son off a sex offence there would be a huge outcry. 

Shame on her 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Hahahahaha, if you say so.  By the way, I never read the Daily Mail, in case you’re wondering.

I made a Jimmy Hill 'chinny reckon' gif for you - GIF on Imgur

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Inheritance tax is paid at 40% on everything above the threshold of £325,000.  That seems pretty heavy to me.

No it isn't.

40 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

No, I'm not a vegetarian.

The majority of game birds are shot for fun and don't get anywhere near the food chain. And don't get me started on the raptor persecution that goes hand in hand with said 'sport'. Or any of the other abhorrent practices that go on to support their blood lust.

There's an estate up your way doing disgusting things to raptors. Caught on camera so hopefully there may be a prosecution.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Not paid, or not heavy?

The threshold is much higher than that.

Just now, Herman said:

There's an estate up your way doing disgusting things to raptors. Caught on camera so hopefully there may be a prosecution.

Yes I know. About the 3rd incident that's in the public domain recently. Royal connections though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

No, I'm not a vegetarian.

The majority of game birds are shot for fun and don't get anywhere near the food chain. And don't get me started on the raptor persecution that goes hand in hand with said 'sport'. Or any of the other abhorrent practices that go on to support their blood lust.

I eat what I shoot and it is on my own land.

Keep your nose out.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh stop whining. It's a ****e anthem, boring as hell, and William is a ****, the Royal Family is defunkt and the UK is as good as over. I've never liked Liverpool FC and hate Chelsea. The city of Liverpool is great and the people are very nice. The less said about Chelsea fans the better. The FA Cup has been pretty much destroyed as a spectacle by the FA and the other arseholes ruining/running English football.

Anyway, top of the morning to you and have a good Sunday.👍😀

Thanks. Now fcuk off back to the land of the leprechauns 

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

55 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I eat what I shoot and it is on my own land.

Keep your nose out.

Rats dont count.

49 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Thanks. Now fcuk off back to the land of the leprechauns 

Dig the ironic username. 👍

Considering how lousy God Shave The Queen is, booing it seems a bit mild, to be honest. Easily one of the worst European national anthems I can think of. (Norway's isn't very good, musically speaking, and some of the smaller states have some very middling affairs. Liechtenstein even took the music of ours but managed to give their version slightly better lyrics. Estonia took Finland's music and used their own lyrics. I think Moldova eventually got their own that wasn't Romania's anthem).

Off the top of my head I'd probably say only Norway and Albania have worse ones. Hungary's is a bit crap as well, but that one is pretty much a hymn.

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think we all know this should be the national anthem anyways, just beacause it would upset all the right people😉

Nope. If I had my way, I'd take this and go full Spain, in other words, leave the words out.

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's always the youngsters causing trouble...

That scouser will claim disability now 😂😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Considering how lousy God Shave The Queen is, booing it seems a bit mild, to be honest. Easily one of the worst European national anthems I can think of. (Norway's isn't very good, musically speaking, and some of the smaller states have some very middling affairs. Liechtenstein even took the music of ours but managed to give their version slightly better lyrics. Estonia took Finland's music and used their own lyrics. I think Moldova eventually got their own that wasn't Romania's anthem).

Off the top of my head I'd probably say only Norway and Albania have worse ones. Hungary's is a bit crap as well, but that one is pretty much a hymn.

Let’s be honest, there are many for whom any UK national anthem would be unacceptable unless it went along the lines of:

”We’re so ashamed of our past

We did some awful stuff.

We should always come last

And the Queen’s a load of guff.

It’s full of racist bigots,

The government’s too white and male,

They waste our money on frigates 

And pollute by fracking shale.

It’s a country of oppressors,

And not where I want to be.

They’re always the aggressors

Tra-la diddle dee-dee”

Edited by Naturalcynic

3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Let’s be honest, there are many for whom any UK national anthem would be unacceptable unless it went along the lines of:

”We’re so ashamed of our past

We did some awful stuff.

We should always come last

And the Queen’s a load of guff.

It’s full of racist bigots,

The government’s too white and male,

They waste our money on frigates 

And pollute by fracking shale.

It’s a country of oppressors,

And not where I want to be.

They’re always the aggressors

Tra-la diddle dee-dee”

Yet Germany came up with a pretty damned respectable piece. Had to change the verses as they only sing the third verse nowadays, the first one is geographically incorrect as it refers to former borders, and the second one is definitely shaky in terms of being sexist nowadays!

Crushing rebellious Scots is a pretty decent reason, lyrically speaking, not to have Land of Hope and Glory even though it is a far better tune.

Kudos for getting the rhyme with bigots and frigates though.

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's always the youngsters causing trouble...

What is it with Liverpool and slipping over?

7 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

People from Liverpool know all about county lines, being filthy drug dealers and thieves.

Their fans are the scummiest out there. No redeeming features at all

Leeds fans??