Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Jockstrap

Just call me Mr 90%

“I’m very philosophical. I could die but I go out running three days a week along roads, I only have to slip, a lorry takes me out and it’s game over. I was in London the other day and a mad man could shoot me. If the worst happens at least I’d have been trying to achieve something amazing.”

Webber with the PMA

• Haha 1

It seemed a bit dismissive of fans dreams.

I am only here because Delia and Michael begged me? 

Rather be doing something else? 

Is he that good?

Maybe I am being a bit sensitive.

Nah...

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Like 1

Reading that it really sounds like his heart isn’t in it anymore.

That’s fair enough, he’s right, there’s more to life than football, but delia and Michael would be a bit foolish to keep him on the payrol as bit-part sporting director if he comes back from the Everest adventure with the same itchy feet.

That may work well for Stuart Webber but the club needs someone at the helm who is motivated by our challenge, not by gap years and such like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Reading that it really sounds like his heart isn’t in it anymore.

That’s fair enough, he’s right, there’s more to life than football, but delia and Michael would be a bit foolish to keep him on the payrol as bit-part sporting director if he comes back from the Everest adventure with the same itchy feet.

That may work well for Stuart Webber but the club needs someone at the helm who is motivated by our challenge, not by gap years and such like.

Mind blowingly stupid comment. 

• Confused 2

He will be walking away a lot sooner rather than later and i won't be losing any sleep over it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

“I’m very philosophical. I could die but I go out running three days a week along roads, I only have to slip, a lorry takes me out and it’s game over. I was in London the other day and a mad man could shoot me. If the worst happens at least I’d have been trying to achieve something amazing.”

Webber with the PMA

Is that Webber or David Brent? 

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He will be walking away a lot sooner rather than later and i won't be losing any sleep over it.

For sure I'll sleep 😴 better. You know my feelings Tilly about this being. Fraud.

A weird bloke and taking us for fools.. I hope he goes sooner rather than later... pure Partridge some of the quotes.

Hmm, I read that as being someone who doesn't work in terms of hours spent at the office, counting the hours, but more making the hours count. I do like his observations about modern players and their lack of coping mechanisms that are erroneously, in the opinion of the ignorant, assuaged with copious sums of money.

19 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

A weird bloke and taking us for fools.. I hope he goes sooner rather than later... pure Partridge some of the quotes.

💯 % KF.

Quick to criticise others but fails to take any responsibility for his failures... assembled a weaker team after spending the most in our history. Walk the walk... too much talk.

• Like 1

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Quick to criticise others but fails to take any responsibility for his failures... assembled a weaker team after spending the most in our history. Walk the walk... too much talk.

Incapable of walking 🚶‍♂️ and chewing gum at the same time. If he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself. Do Norwich  City a big favour and just leave. He is only committed to his huge ego and nothing else.

9 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

But we're still spending peanuts ... we buy in £8M-9M players but everyone else brings in £12M-£20M players to sit on their benches.

Also - we only spent what we did because Emi had to go and he was irreplaceable.

I agree with the anguish over SW not signing a DM (and pitching Normann as one) but the rest of the transfer dealings can be justified in my eyes.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Also, what was the substance abuse comment about?

I've only just clocked that. Interesting! I wonder if he's referring to anyone close to home? He wouldn't of mentioned it if he didn't have first hand knowledge (although admittedly it could be at a different club).

OTBC

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I was in London the other day and a mad man could shoot me.

Didn't realise we had Alan Partridge as a sporting director

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Mind blowingly stupid comment. 

As someone once said, "You can be dissatisfied with this season's performances and still manage to have a sensible debate about other matters."

Do you agree or was that person talking b0llocks?

OTBC

• Like 1