chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (PL/H) *****

May be a cartoon of text
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV BURNLEY Helsinki 16:00 Toronto 09:00 Norwich 14:00 Berlin 15:00 Tampa Bay 09:00 Los Angeles 06:00 Beijing 21:00 Pristina 15:00 Abu Dhabi 17:00 Athens 16:00 Rio De Janeiro 10:00 Seoul 22:00 Hong Kong 21:00 Bangkok 20:00 Nairobi 16:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 10:00 Sydney 23:00"
image.png.62be2770fb96d1aae7de78cf2a7ccda3.png
FP-gkGAX0AAaFsR?format=jpg&name=small

Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual article on the pre match presser here.
The BBC has it's article here.
The club has it's own preview of the match here, at canaries.co.uk.
Burnley have their own pre match piece up on their site

In, out's, shaking it all abouts:
NORWICH: Gilmour out with illness, Kabak has a muscle injury that has ruled him out for the rest of the season. Omobamidele (back) and Idah (knee) remain out injured. It would appear Sargent is out still too. Other than that, players formerly out injured have all returned, though Aarons and Williams only returned to training at the end of the week so unlikely to be started.
BURNLEY: can't find anything this week... Burnley not giving anything away on their pre-match write up. BBC doing woefully again too.

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: -
Fourth official: -
VAR: John Brooks
Assistant VAR: -

A little bit of knowledge:
Burnley FC
Founded: 18th May 1882, 139 years ago.
The Clarets are the last winners of the old division 4 in 1992. The Claret and Blue strip was first adopted in 1910 in homage to the Aston Villa side of the day - before that they had even turned out in green amongst other colours. Burnley’s first major honour came in 1914 when they beat Liverpool in the last final to be played at Crystal Palace. The cup final was historic in that King George V became the first reigning monarch to present the cup to the winning captain.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.
May be an image of one or more people, people playing sport, people standing and outdoors

Something extra...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What has young Rowe got to do to get a start? 

With that midfield, it will be the usual dross 

Throwing him in for a start against Burnley is a touch reckless IMO. Especially as Smith will know the atmosphere could turn a little nasty today. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Odd bench. Presumably Max, Williams and possibly Rupp aren't fit enough to start. But very few options there for Smith.

I honestly don't think these two offer enough if your trying to win the game. Dimi could backfire, but on his game, especially at home, he could be a very effective player for us. 

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Is Gilmour injured? I must have missed that if so.

Perhaps he put his back out with all his extra curricular activities 

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Someone kidnapped him and is hiding him in their loft/cellar.

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's got Covid again, he's got more positive Covid results now than we've had positive results with him in the team..... 

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Throwing him in for a start against Burnley is a touch reckless IMO. Especially as Smith will know the atmosphere could turn a little nasty today. 

From what we’ve seen of him so far, I totally disagree as nothing seems to phase him at all! 

I don’t buy all this not ready business, if he’s ready for cameos he’s ready to start!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I honestly don't think these two offer enough if your trying to win the game. Dimi could backfire, but on his game, especially at home, he could be a very effective player for us. 

Don't disagree with that. But Aarons and Williams have been fairly consistently Smith's first choice, so I was just surprised to see them available but not in the XI. Personally I'm keen to see as much of Dimi as possible with next session in mind.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I seem to be in the minority that is happy to see Dowell get a start. He looked quite good towards the end of last season and is arguably our only natural 'ten', so I'm pleased to see him get a game at last. He can't do any worse than the others, right?

Think people are more (righlty) upset that he's starting over Rowe

Dear oh dear, Rowe looked our best bet bar Rashica to either set up or score, suddenly Dowell who has been very poor in his time here and really thought he was on his way now straight in! Smith needs a win and we have that line up! Well let’s see if he earns his wages today!

I see the players player is in yet again!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

i think Burnley will be really pumped up for this and will run all over us !!

If we show no fight today then it really is massive rebuild time 

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Updated the ins and outs... it's in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

From what we’ve seen of him so far, I totally disagree as nothing seems to phase him at all! 

I don’t buy all this not ready business, if he’s ready for cameos he’s ready to start!

Think that underestimates how mentally demanding top-level football is. One lapse of concentration and you let the opposition in. Asking a young kid to play 90 minutes is so much more demanding than 20-30. We're going down anyway. Let's ease Rowe into his City career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I think Smith and Shakey are at odds on Rowe, Shakey calling him ready to start yet Smith reluctance……trouble I see that line up will invite pressure with only one outlet and that’s Rashica’s pace!

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

One lapse of concentration and you let the opposition in. 

Mclean has made a career out of this