Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Free Pukki printing - what does it mean?!

Maybe reading into this too much, but free Pukki shirt printing either means,

a) Pukki is staying and this us a way to cement his place in our hearts forever at no extras cost ready for 20+ goals next year 

b) Pukki is leaving and as our star striker they are cashing in on his name to sell some leftover shirt stock before he goes for good and we are left with Hugill to lead the line. 

Discuss 

B313D4AA-52C6-4B42-BAD6-37A460C84837.png

Think it's just the correlation between his shirt number and the current year, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's his birthday. No conspiracy theory.

Where’s the fun in that 😂

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think it's just the correlation between his shirt number and the current year, tbh.

A vintage year - definitely one to etch into our memories 😂😂😂

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

A one day only offer as it is his birthday today.

You gents are ruining the fun with completely reasonable and sensible justification. 

Speaking of Finland (and Åland) again, I'm swanning off there for some running-related jollies in early July. Should be damned enjoyable, let's just hope the weather is nice and sunny, especially on the boat trip between Turku and Mariehamn.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Wait, I can't even use b-u-g-g-e-ring???? Well, diddle me doolally. ;)

It's a nice thought but in reality it's a cheap gift for Pukki, they still make him buy his own shirts but he can get the printing for free. You'd think we'd treat our star striker a bit better than that!

This offer is no different from every other player's birthday.  It's an out of date promotional offer that really needs ramping up.  At this stage of the season (given the kit is effectively now on it last legs retail wise and Pukki is only five letters), then a much more attractive offer would be a further 10-20% off the price of the shirt and the letters applied for free.   Yes, its another "stick to beat the club with" but really does underline the current malaise at the club.  

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

a much more attractive offer would be a further 10-20% off the price of the shirt

Is that in addition to the 50% its already reduced by?

Just now, Greavsy said:

Is that in addition to the 50% its already reduced by?

Yes, for the day of his birthday only! 😉  

59 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

This offer is no different from every other player's birthday.  It's an out of date promotional offer that really needs ramping up.  At this stage of the season (given the kit is effectively now on it last legs retail wise and Pukki is only five letters), then a much more attractive offer would be a further 10-20% off the price of the shirt and the letters applied for free.   Yes, its another "stick to beat the club with" but really does underline the current malaise at the club.  

These free printing offers seem to get more frequent as the season goes on, presumably to get rid of excess letters and numbers that won't be usable next season. They did quite a few in March/April last year and they're doing it again this time. Seems fair enough to me, especially as shirts are half price already.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

These free printing offers seem to get more frequent as the season goes on, presumably to get rid of excess letters and numbers that won't be usable next season. They did quite a few in March/April last year and they're doing it again this time. Seems fair enough to me, especially as shirts are half price already.

Maybe we should sign Simone Zara to use up the Zs? 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’d still happily have zinedine zidane in if we are going down that route 

On 29/03/2022 at 11:25, TheGunnShow said:

Speaking of Finland (and Åland) again, I'm swanning off there for some running-related jollies in early July. Should be damned enjoyable, let's just hope the weather is nice and sunny, especially on the boat trip between Turku and Mariehamn.

TGS, came across this in The Guardian below-the-line comments section on the best pop records of 2022 so far:

'Recordings from the Åland Islands' by Jeremiah Chiu & Marta Sofia Honer is a nice, ambient record worth checking out if you like that kind of stuff. Released by International Anthem - a Chicago based label. Discovered them last year, and they have some great artists on their roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

TGS, came across this in The Guardian below-the-line comments section on the best pop records of 2022 so far:

'Recordings from the Åland Islands' by Jeremiah Chiu & Marta Sofia Honer is a nice, ambient record worth checking out if you like that kind of stuff. Released by International Anthem - a Chicago based label. Discovered them last year, and they have some great artists on their roster.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just found this on YouTube, and I'll be off to Åland again in a month. Mind you, I'm off to the Faroes on Saturday (after coming back from Svalbard). It's almost this summer as if I decided I was going to spend time on remote Scandinavian archipelagos. Shouldda booked a trip to the Lofotens/Vesteralens to pretty much complete the damn set, lol.

Gotta say @PurpleCanary, that was some quality archaeology to dig this back up.

Edited by TheGunnShow

On 29/03/2022 at 12:49, Mr Angry said:

I was tempted to buy a shirt with Zzzzzz on it towards the end of this season.

On 29/03/2022 at 13:13, cambridgeshire canary said:

tinfoil-hat-against-mass-media-picture-i

I've got one of those hats. 

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Just found this on YouTube, and I'll be off to Åland again in a month. Mind you, I'm off to the Faroes on Saturday (after coming back from Svalbard). It's almost this summer as if I decided I was going to spend time on remote Scandinavian archipelagos. Shouldda booked a trip to the Lofotens/Vesteralens to pretty much complete the damn set, lol.

Gotta say @PurpleCanary, that was some quality archaeology to dig this back up.

TGS, I just searched for "Aland"!

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

TGS, I just searched for "Aland"!

I'll bet most of the posts were mine! I do like that part of the world, just not quite seen enough of it.

On 29/03/2022 at 12:25, TheGunnShow said:

Watch out for the ticks there! A TBE vaccination might be wise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Watch out for the ticks there! A TBE vaccination might be wise.

Applies across most of central/northern Europe in summer to be fair. Insect repellent is never a bad thing to get, that's for sure.

On 29/03/2022 at 10:24, SwearyCanary said:

You gents are ruining the fun with completely reasonable and sensible justification. 

Well - it could be a new intimate fashion practice in Malaysia

(That sensationalist enough for ya?)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Applies across most of central/northern Europe in summer to be fair. Insect repellent is never a bad thing to get, that's for sure.

For ticks, wear a broad-rimmed hat if strolling in the forest, and check pets, children & arms/shoulders afterwards. This applies in the south of England these days too

On 29/03/2022 at 10:17, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's his birthday. No conspiracy theory.

Nope, he's 29th. Its his wifes birthday. 🎯