mastoola

What is wrong with Pukki??

Pukki has been taking an extra touch instead of taking the shot for a while now. He seems low on confidence. The first goal however was a notable exception. The opener wasn't cleanly struck, but showed if you get your shot away early the keeper and defenders can't get set to block it.

Nevertheless, if Smith had moved to a 5-man midfield at half-time, we may still have hung on for the three points. We were lucky to get in ahead at half-time. Smith hesitated when he should have acted and it cost us.

I think he is great in the Championship where you can take longer, he struggles a bit in the premiership finishing as he doesn't get that time. Works really hard though and is a real asset. I would have looked to upgrade our strike force in the summer and for all our, supposed stat based purchases, goals wasn't one of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I was surprised Rashica passed it - and maybe Pukki was too - Rashica was in the box position to score with that chance and most strikers would have shot from where he was. Putting it across the box like he did, was not ideal as it lost valuable milliseconds in the attack which was just enough to put too much pressure on Pukki to score.  Could Pukki have done better? Yes, of course, but really, he had to hit it first time and that is not always easy to do, unless the pass is absolutely perfect. Rashica had the ball under control and in that situation should have gone for it himself.

I thought that too. Rachica should have taken the shot and I think the pass took Pukki by surprise and gave the defenders the chance they needed to close him down.

Would've hoped him to finish better in that case as well, but actually I'd also give credit to that defender coming behind him with great pace to make the interception. That clearly surprised Pukki while he was looking for better angle to get shot past other defenders and keeper. The same defender also took care of saving that good headed chance earlier. In both cases he backtracked the situation with amazing pace and was able to get himself on the ball just in time. 

If it would have happened in other end of the field, we would now be praising the defender.

But all in all, Pukki had two chances inside the box and scored one of them. 50% conversion rate is not bad at all and having two chances in a game is improvement from most of the other games during this season. I can't wait for us to keep on improving and maybe starting to provide him for example four chances per game.

• Like 1

Same old story really still not got a quality  striker who can score goals on a regular basis , idah, pukki and Sargent just not good enough 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mastoola said:

Oh man!!   im so sorry but my 13yr old daughter was doing a dress rehearsal playing lead guitar at her schools rendition of grease the musical tonight so no the rest of the band were teachers   I had to wait in and cook for her when she got back.  btw check her out   Jenjen

Hey you must be one proud dad. I've checked all the 🎶 very talented. Cmon jen.🌟

• Like 1

He knows he's passed his best and so does the club but there is currently no alternative.

Instead of playing him and playing him endlessly when the writing was already on the wall in the medium term the club should have sought much better than Hugill to replace him.

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

He knows he's passed his best and so does the club but there is currently no alternative.

Instead of playing him and playing him endlessly when the writing was already on the wall in the medium term the club should have sought much better than Hugill to replace him.

Just out of curiosity. Excluding top 6 clubs, who strikers from other Premier League teams you'd rather take in to replace Pukki and provide us better finishing ability?

Very unlucky to not score with the header, then this should have been a first time shot. I guess he thought he had a bit more time than he did, and he was kicking himself after, he knew he should have scored that one. 

Reading this thread i am rather hoping for a portion of humble pie for some as Pukki scores the winner on Saturday.  😂

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Reading this thread i am rather hoping for a portion of humble pie for some as Pukki scores the winner on Saturday.  😂

Oh Tilly, you could have kept that thought to yourself, by publishing it you've really put the mockers on it happening. 🤬

8 hours ago, Mengo said:

Hey you must be one proud dad. I've checked all the 🎶 very talented. Cmon jen.🌟

Thank you.She is also an amazing song writer. She was in a studio last weekend recording an album . The engineer said she is the best they had ever seen.  I bloody hope she makes it because all the money we have spent is ridiculous!  She has 5 guitars and they are not cheap guitars. I need a pension!

20 hours ago, mastoola said:

Last year he would of buried that chance at around 10 mins.  Last year he would of had a hatrick with the chances tonight. Would of been a Different game.

He just dithered on it for a split second too long, when he was at his best he took shots early and netted a lot more.

Still our best player I would say.

• Like 1

Scored a goal with a snap shot he didn't hit cleanly which if he'd of hit it properly likely wouldn't have gone in! - I'd take that from any Norwich player.

The header he didn't get to was a brilliant piece of defending form the Palace defender.

He hesitated on the chance laid on for him by Rashica which you rarely get away with in the top flight although the ball didn't arrive to his feet in the best position and time to evade the defender.

Pukkis still more than contributing but we aren't playing lesser Championship teams. Palace are a lower half Premier League team but are way way above anything in the Championship!

Edited by kingsway
  • Like 1