Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Liverpool....meh....

Least interesting draw there could have been, for me, anyway.  Would rather be playing a lesser club that is going all out to win with their best team than what will be a glorified reserve team.  Dull cup draw.....and while I'm in that mood, why couldn't they wait to do the draw until after the fourth round has finished, rather than in the middle of it?  Bonkers.

• Like 1

Said this on another thread but are we really so jaded that we're not up for a fifth-round cup tie under the lights at Anfield with a big away following? Should be a great night.

I just think it's sucked a bit of excitement out of what could have been a good cup run. I say could, we could win there. But unlikely, seeing as we haven't beaten Liverpool in any competition for nearly 30 years. 

It's a shame we couldn't get Peterborough or someone in the Championship. I'm desperate for us to get to an FA Cup final. I thought we were gonna do it 2 years ago but then we went and drew Man Utd in the quarters.

The sponsors want the top teams to progress from here on in to get the worldwide audiences. Everything will be against us the second the game kicks off. 

Cardiff should have had a penalty today and how on earth Liverpool's keeper not get a red I'll never know.

33 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Said this on another thread but are we really so jaded that we're not up for a fifth-round cup tie under the lights at Anfield with a big away following? Should be a great night.

We have to play/get thrashed by Liverpool twice this season as it is so please give me some forgiveness for not wanting to watch us get spanked again for a third time

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We have to play/get thrashed by Liverpool twice this season as it is so please give me some forgiveness for not wanting to watch us get spanked again for a third time

4 times if you include the carrabou (sp) 😳

Wouldn't you be happy with a localish match for you where tickets will probably be fairly easy with it being mid-week? 

Its a good match, Its just boorish Cornish Liverpool supporters who have never been to a match telling me this afternoon that there is no point turning up etc.

Fcuk em

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

I just think it's sucked a bit of excitement out of what could have been a good cup run. I say could, we could win there. But unlikely, seeing as we haven't beaten Liverpool in any competition for nearly 30 years. 

It's a shame we couldn't get Peterborough or someone in the Championship. I'm desperate for us to get to an FA Cup final. I thought we were gonna do it 2 years ago but then we went and drew Man Utd in the quarters.

I felt with a crowd at that game we would have won it. Of course, had we got to the semi final or better most of us would not have been there to see it (other than a select few )

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Was that the Goss last-goal-at-the-Kop game?

As far as I can remember yes. The closest we have come since then is the 5-4 game in 2016. 

Since our original relegation from the Prem, we have not beaten Liverpool or Chelsea in any competitive fixtures.

In fact the last time we beat Chelsea was December 1994, 3-0 at home, and was the first game I ever went to.

Edited by alex_ncfc

16 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

As far as I can remember yes. The closest we have come since then is the 5-4 game in 2016. 

Since our original relegation from the Prem, we have not beaten Liverpool or Chelsea in any competitive fixtures.

In fact the last time we beat Chelsea was December 1994, 3-0 at home, and was the first game I ever went to.

We’ve drawn with them twice as well, both at Anfield-Grant Holt header to equalise in 2011 and Russ Martin scoring in 2015-just after becoming a dad.

26 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Wonder if any tickets will be available on general sale?

Midweek game & FA Cup, a couple of weeks after a sold out visit in the league and we have all the Anfield Road end, like Cardiff today.  Demand will be high, but unlikely to fill 6,000 seater stand will it?

Edited by shefcanary

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

We’ve drawn with them twice as well, both at Anfield-Grant Holt header to equalise in 2011 and Russ Martin scoring in 2015-just after becoming a dad.

And I was at both of them! I dont attend matches very often but the Mrs is a Liverpool fan so went to both of those games. Perhaps Im a lucky omen  😄

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

And I was at both of them! I dont attend matches very often but the Mrs is a Liverpool fan so went to both of those games. Perhaps Im a lucky omen  😄

I watched the Holt one in a pub in Kent in my Norwich shirt with my father-in-law. Group of plastic Liverpool fans were giving me a load of (light-hearted but still ****ing irritating) grief. I gave it back in spades when that thunderbolt header hit the back of the net.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I watched the Holt one in a pub in Kent in my Norwich shirt with my father-in-law. Group of plastic Liverpool fans were giving me a load of (light-hearted but still ****ing irritating) grief. I gave it back in spades when that thunderbolt header hit the back of the net.

I celebrated that goal like mental (as did everyone else - apart from the Mrs). Great period to be a Norwich fan

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Reminds me of Ashtons header against Utd. I was sat in a Man Utd supporting pub in Leeds in my Norwich shirt. I was the only one who reacted to the goal!