Midlands Yellow

Transfer Window Watch

It would be great if Newcastle continued to perform badly despite all the spending , sadly I don’t think this will happen and expect them to end up mid table 

I'm not completely convinced by Newcastle's signings. If I were a fan I'd be impressed with Guimaraes, but the rest are pretty average additions to the squad. Trippier and Targett are solid enough and you'd expect them to be tighter, but I don't see goals.

Lingard would change that, of course.

I really don't want them to come down with us. They now have two home games against a rejuvenated Everton and a strong Villa side before games at West Ham and Brentford. 

Absolutely no info on this at all but young Charlton Striker Mason Burstow is being left out of the game tonight with Portsmouth because several premier league clubs are in for him and he’s been given permission to speak to them

Who was the last premier league club to play Charlton?

44 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm not completely convinced by Newcastle's signings. If I were a fan I'd be impressed with Guimaraes, but the rest are pretty average additions to the squad. Trippier and Targett are solid enough and you'd expect them to be tighter, but I don't see goals.

Lingard would change that, of course.

I really don't want them to come down with us. They now have two home games against a rejuvenated Everton and a strong Villa side before games at West Ham and Brentford. 

With the mason Greenwood situation, I wonder if Utd will let Lingard go

4 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

With the mason Greenwood situation, I wonder if Utd will let Lingard go

United have confirmed Lingard is staying this window

Either the club are be very confident that there’s more to come from our summer signings or we are in serious trouble. All the clubs around us strengthening apart from Leeds, throw shade at Newcastle all you want but a £40m DM signing is something we desperately need and simply are never going to get.

33 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Absolutely no info on this at all but young Charlton Striker Mason Burstow is being left out of the game tonight with Portsmouth because several premier league clubs are in for him and he’s been given permission to speak to them

A bid has gone in, no indication on the club yet.

11 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Either the club are be very confident that there’s more to come from our summer signings or we are in serious trouble. All the clubs around us strengthening apart from Leeds, throw shade at Newcastle all you want but a £40m DM signing is something we desperately need and simply are never going to get.

Could argue that Watford haven't strengthened despite their signings, similarly Burnley losing woods and replacing him with a potentially disruptive influence from Germany could go either way...

19 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why stop at a 40 million DM? Damn you Delia for not signing a 70 million winger!! Seriously none of our rivals have hit 40 million or in most cases close. You are howling at the moon.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4519502/pogbagrealishvan-dijk-ranking-every-premier-league-club-by-their-record-signing?platform=amp

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Chelsea, Arsenal, and Brighton rumoured to be the clubs.

This is probably nothing but Connor Southwell has liked a tweet from Imad El Hammichi who I googled and it turns out is Mathias Normanns agent. It’s a picture of a pen. I’m going to throw a cat amongst the pigeons here but have we signed Normann permanently? It would fit the narrative from the club of new new incomings. 

16 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

This is probably nothing but Connor Southwell has liked a tweet from Imad El Hammichi who I googled and it turns out is Mathias Normanns agent. It’s a picture of a pen. I’m going to throw a cat amongst the pigeons here but have we signed Normann permanently? It would fit the narrative from the club of new new incomings. 

You got a link?

19 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

I would like that.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

And he brought us a free pen! 😶

It was the write thing to do.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Payno10 said:

Would you have Lewis back? 

He was unable to get a start and become a 1st choice player even in Newcastles current awful team.

Fair to say if he came here would be 3rd choice

He has not played particular well as since going to Newcastle, i think he needs a run of games he currently would not get that with us. I wish him all the best.