Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Sebastian Soto to Livingston(Loan)

Much as I hope he comes good get the feeling Hugill got more chance of being recalled to us and scoring a hatrick against Man City than Soto getting any real long game time with us, which is honestly a shame

He scored 1 and assisted 1 in a splattering of 8 largely cameo appearances so hopefully this new move will give him a platform to prove himself. No point him being here, he'll be behind Pukki, Sargent and Idah

I guess that means the end of Porto’s option to buy at the end of the loan? That will please everyone who thought it was ridiculous to sell him off so cheaply without playing him in a competitive match.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Hopefully he gets some games as that is what he is needing the most.

On a personal level, yes, good luck to him. 

But the club decided that we didn't want him when we loaned him to Porto in the first place, they had a 1 million euro buy option.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

On a personal level, yes, good luck to him. 

But the club decided that we didn't want him when we loaned him to Porto in the first place, they had a 1 million euro buy option.

Does seem good money for essentially a player who will be 22 in the summer and hardly has any competitive games under his belt. Still a slim chance of place for him here I reckon, but like you've got me thinking he's marked to be moved on. Sold this close season or goes on a free the next.

He had rich period of goal scoring at Telstar, has anyone seen him play, is he a talented boy who is too impatient, or did he just have a lucky run?

56 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Soto vs Bushiri then! Might be worth a watch

If you have to watch Scottish maybe, but then take in the 200 crowd games instead with some lower league teams.

24 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

He had rich period of goal scoring at Telstar, has anyone seen him play, is he a talented boy who is too impatient, or did he just have a lucky run?

That was in the second tier of Dutch football.

Really have to question the standard of that league when a 33 year old Van Wolfswinkel has 9 goals in 19 season in the top tier this season.

Be good to see how he does. Livi are pretty uncompromising in approach (also, check out the manager's back story for an interesting read).

Apples

If you have to watch Scottish maybe, but then take in the 200 crowd games instead with some lower league teams.

Im stuck in the house isolating ☹️ Not allowed near any crowds 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Im stuck in the house isolating ☹️ Not allowed near any crowds 

That sucks. Unless you subscribe to the clubs streams best you can is watch the highlights show Sportscene on BBC Scotland. They do a live game every Friday evening, but it's Scottish Championship games so not good for Norwich players, best you get is Dorrans and Lafferty currently playing in that league.

Edited by KiwiScot

11 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

That sucks. Unless you subscribe to the clubs streams best you can is watch the highlights show Sportscene on BBC Scotland. They do a live game every Friday evening, but it's Scottish Championship games so not good for Norwich players, best you get is Dorrans and Lafferty currently playing in that league.

Ah ok, I’ll just follow it on Twitter. Hopefully Soto gets international clearance in time 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That was in the second tier of Dutch football.

Really have to question the standard of that league when a 33 year old Van Wolfswinkel has 9 goals in 19 season in the top tier this season.

Wasn't that the same division Todd played in?

51 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Wasn't that the same division Todd played in?

It was yeah, but then Jamie Vardy played in the Conference, so when you say a league is poor it doesn't mean there aren't some rough diamonds. 

• Like 2

and Lafferty currently playing in that league.

Has that tool been sent back from Cyprus already? 

745659843_laffertyd.JPG.6cff2b0cc707444e997328cfaf00e21d.JPG

Jumping from club to club for the signing on fee to cover his gambling losses no doubt.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Livi are my Scottish team.  I hope this helps kick start his career, but not convinced Livi matches his skill set. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by shefcanary

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as I hope he comes good get the feeling Hugill got more chance of being recalled to us and scoring a hatrick against Man City than Soto getting any real long game time with us, which is honestly a shame

considering we dont have a recall clause thats zero

14 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Be good to see how he does. Livi are pretty uncompromising in approach (also, check out the manager's back story for an interesting read).

Apples

I might be a stereotypical statement but isn't all of Scottish football uncompromising? 

Credit to him for trying to kickstart his career in Britain there.

20 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Very interesting indeed. Not your normal route into football management. 

Screenshot_20220127-153242_Chrome.jpg

16 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Makes you wonder what happened for us to decide he wasnt for us. We seemed to work quite hard to get a work permit for him

Think after him scoring a goal for the USA we thought maybe we had someone who we could potentially sell for a million or so, I don't believe for one second the likes of Farke or Webber thought he was good enough for out first team. Just saw it as a chance to make a bit of cash on a youngster. The same with the likes of Famewo, Sinani, Bushiri etc.

On 26/01/2022 at 20:34, KiwiScot said:

Are  they playing Dorrans  on the left? 👍😉😇

• Haha 1

Sargent and Soto up front next season anyone...? 😂😂 Good chance to grow our American fan base.... USA USA USA!!!