Sign in to follow this  
Garth Crooks is a

Worst Norwich team ever (includes crap Neil Adams)

Simon Tracey (goal),  Sutch, ''Fat''  Rob Newman, Megson, Charlton, Adams, Milligan,  Holt, Jonson, Keith Scott, Rob newman (when in attack)

Once Ruel Fox (one of the best players to have ever graced Carrow Road) and a transfer fee of around £4M was pocketed a tragic replacement of Neil Adams was purchased from some unknown club (oldham i think)

How this guy has made it into some of your cult teams i have no idea. He lacked any sort of pace, his dribbling was useless. Oh he couldn''t tackle and his crossing wasn''t great.

Adams was a true example of a player who couldn''t cope in the Premiership and was true crap (not much better than Sutch).

Does anyone agree with this opinion. And yes i did unfortunately watch him play a great deal - and thinking that i could possibly do a better job. Disgrace of a player

Worst team in recent times -

Marshall (cant think of crap keeper)

Colin, segura, charlton, Derveld

Rivers?, Etuhu, l. Marshall, De waard

Coote   Notman

Although, carey, milligan, lisbie, milligan, diop, thorne, hughes, brennan, des hamilton,forbes jarret come to mind as well

Once Ruel Fox (one of the best players to have ever graced Carrow Road) and a transfer fee of around £4M was pocketed a tragic replacement of Neil Adams was purchased from some unknown club (oldham i think)

How this guy has made it into some of your cult teams i have no idea. He lacked any sort of pace, his dribbling was useless. Oh he couldn''t tackle and his crossing wasn''t great.

Adams was a true example of a player who couldn''t cope in the Premiership and was true crap (not much better than Sutch).

Does anyone agree with this opinion. And yes i did unfortunately watch him play a great deal - and thinking that i could possibly do a better job. Disgrace of a player

The most pointless post iv''e read in a long time. Twit!

Simon Tracey

Erik Fugelstad   VictorSegura      Brian McGovern   Fernando Derveld

Andy Roberts   Des Hamilton      Shaun Carey      Raymond DeWaard

Greg Shepherd   Ulf Ottoson

Subs  Roger Hansbury,  Keith Scott, Dean Coney, Adrian Coote, Mick Maguire

I challenge anyone to find a team that could lose to this lot!

As its been done before, I thought I would just C+P my team from there..

Marshall

Derveld - Segura - De Waard

Southall - Carey - Hamilton - Dalglish

Benjamin - Coote - Peschosolido

You''ve all forgotten about the legendary Tony Cottee!

As for the stuff about Adams, it''s obviously some kind of personal thing - don''t bite back, Adams was class

Crichton

Briggs       Charlton       Segura       De Waard

Rivers        Carey        Hamilton        Dalglish

Notman        Coote

[quote user="Garth Crooks is a"]

Once Ruel Fox (one of the best players to have ever graced Carrow Road) and a transfer fee of around £4M was pocketed

[/quote]

2.25 million. And the rest of your post gets even more inaccurate from that point.

Clueless.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Simon Tracey

Erik Fugelstad   VictorSegura      Brian McGovern   Fernando Derveld

Andy Roberts   Des Hamilton      Shaun Carey      Raymond DeWaard

Greg Shepherd   Ulf Ottoson

Subs  Roger Hansbury,  Keith Scott, Dean Coney, Adrian Coote, Mick Maguire

I challenge anyone to find a team that could lose to this lot!

[/quote]what are you on? Fugelstad was one of the best right backs we''ve ever had, and we''ve never come close to replacing him since. Eddy was the closest we''ve come

worst goalkeeper  : roger hansbury   ( couldnt catch a cold )

worst defender  :   willie young    ( truly terrible  )

worst midfielder  :  andy hughes    ( enough said )

worst forward   :   joe royal   (   no need to explain  )

worst sub  :   dickso etuhu   (  dont know what to say  apart from rubbish )

worst manager :  bryan hamilton  (  wanted to say worthy but he did win the league ).

i think that the current squad is strong - but obviously the Worthless can''t get the best out of them

In recent years, Hamiltons team was bad. However, how Walker managed to get a team to do so well that contained Rob Newman i''ll never know - maybe Newman''s bonus was a fridge full of food.

I''ll stick with Neil Adams as a fish out of water and stood out as an awful player within a decent side.

funny how Derveld made a lot of your teams, he''s now playing in the UEFA cup for Heerenveen! Alongside Jan Huntelaar and Samaras before he signed for Man City for £6million, funny how things work out. Also, I think Rivers was a bit harsh, i always liked him

I can''t see how either Neil Adams or Fugelstad would make it into worst City team of all time. And I''m also amazed that no one has mentioned Kevin Bond - worst case of nepotism I have ever seen - I suppose I am just showing my age there. [:)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]What about the class (!) of 2005/6 Zipper [;)][/quote]

Just because they are coached badly does not make them bad players Gazza. And as much as I slate Hughes the 4 midfielders in my side  make him look world class!

And Hamilton would be the manager.

Given correct coaching there is not too muh wrong with the squad other than it has a huge avoidance of the right flank!

"what are you on? Fugelstad was one of the best right backs we''ve ever had, and we''ve never come close to replacing him since. Eddy was the closest we''ve come"

Oh dear. Consdering Eddy wasn''t as good as both Kenton and Steeno, you''re already on to a loser with that comment. Fugelfuff used to ponce about, then launch the ball down field any where - a bit like the fullbacks we have now really. Still, he could tackle, which already puts him ahead of Colin.

And Rankin - Hughes and Etuhu in your worst team? Rubbish. Ok, they''re not great but worse than Carey etc etc? I don''t think so.

Give Dickson some time - he will come good. I said it about Doc and got shot down in flames. Hopefully I''m right this time too.

The original poster also singled out Big Rob. Leave Big Rob alone.He was a solid defender and a great servant to the club, its not his fault that Chase sold all our players and convinced Megson he was a striker...poor old bugger, running around up front.

[quote user="Mook"]

And Rankin - Hughes and Etuhu in your worst team? Rubbish. Ok, they''re not great but worse than Carey etc etc? I don''t think so.

[/quote]

you are of course right Mook, Should be Lee Marshall and Carey or the like!!  anyway they may turn out to be great players!!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Worst team in recent times -

Marshall (cant think of crap keeper)

Colin, segura, charlton, Derveld

Rivers?, Etuhu, l. Marshall, De waard

Coote   Notman

Although, carey, milligan, lisbie, milligan, diop, thorne, hughes, brennan, des hamilton,forbes jarret come to mind as well

[/quote]

After watching last nights game, Etuhu has been replaced by Hughes. Also, Nicky southall has come in to replace mark Rivers.

Neil Adams was a handy player.. could cross, take people on and knew where the goal was... he could also beat the first man at a corner!!! shock horror!

jas :)