Any Ex Professionals on here at any sport? Obviously lots of accountants and journalists give their free time daily but has anyone nearly made it on the pitch? 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

No, you are Spartacus.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No, you are Spartacus.

And you are a very Naughty boy.

I spoke to a well known player who was in the squad that won Milk Cup in '85 - This was back in the McNally days, at a farewell party for a guy who was emigrating abroad.

He was pretty sloshed on wine, we chatted for quite a while, and he mentioned two things to me:-

1. The club treated Ken Brown like crap when he returned.  He near tears about this and shaking with anger.

But..

2. He know he shouldn't, but he comes on here and posts and has got himself into arguments he shouldn't have.

That was quite some time ago, but you never know.. It's possible one of you have argued with him in the past haha.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I spoke to a well known player who was in the squad that won Milk Cup in '85 - This was back in the McNally days, at a farewell party for a guy who was emigrating abroad.

He was pretty sloshed on wine, we chatted for quite a while, and he mentioned two things to me:-

1. The club treated Ken Brown like crap when he returned.  He near tears about this and shaking with anger.

But..

2. He know he shouldn't, but he comes on here and posts and has got himself into arguments he shouldn't have.

That was quite some time ago, but you never know.. It's possible one of you have argued with him in the past haha.

Mendham or Barham? 

Always suffered from being far too small, which was always a problem when your strongest position is goalie, but at five-a-side I've always had a reputation as a very capable stopper. I've had a few pros and ex-pros rate my reflexes, including the late Paul Mariner when he was at my school for a few years, and much later on Nicky Adams (ex Bury, Carlisle, Leicester) was playing with a few acquaintances and against the five-a-side team I was with, and I shut him out practically every time.

He was using the leagues at Powerleague Bolton to get fit again after something or other and played another game the day after, and I had been asked to bail out a team needing a goalie. Turned out, he was playing for them as well so after pissing him off the day before, we played together the day after.

Played with Simon Whaley as well. He'd said if I'd been over six feet tall, I might have had a chance of being pro. He wasn't the only lad who said that.

Edited by TheGunnShow

G’day mates, 

I am the Michael Theo (formerly Theoklitos). Fair dinkum mate. 

Have a ripsnorter of a day you bunch of old bastards.

14 hours ago, Justin time said:

No I’m Alan Shearer.

I’m Alan Shearer, and so’s my wife.

(I can’t believe no-one’s posted that yet)

I have met Simon Lappin, I didn't even know who he was until my workmate turned up slack jawed and starstruck.