Sign in to follow this  
Indy

The Ashes

What a total load of rubbish, I’ve never seen such a rubbish squad of players, a spinner who can’t spin, two old crocks are our best two bowlers, an injured Stokes who looks absolutely knackered and the rest would struggle to get into my old Sunday Southwold team. Utterly embarrassing.

44 minutes ago, Herman said:

Did you have to start this Indy?🥴😥😀

Sorry Hermo, but I got up early morning to  watch thinking this test will be different! Today’s collapse just highlighted how poor this side are, they’re awful! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Did you have to start this Indy?🥴😥😀

Just be thankful CambridgeshireCanary isn't a cricket fan. They'd be a new thread every time a wicket fell...🤓

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just be thankful CambridgeshireCanary isn't a cricket fan. They'd be a new thread every time a wicket fell...🤓

It'd be a quick onslaught of posts luckily/sadly. 

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Only when England are batting...

It's Australia's turn this morning. Not that they have much to worry about.

I think past experience tells us the chances of batting out the final day 😟

Root missed a trick when he copped one in the gonads. He should have rolled down the wicket and puked up on a length 

Match abandoned due to unfit pitch

To be fair, he probably wasn't thinking straight at the time 

That was just rubbish, totally humiliated. Just how did we win the World Cup again!?.

Winning that jinxed us as we have now as things are going, lost two Ashes series out of two ever since winning it.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

How can the one day team score more in fifty overs than our test team?

😂😂 we actually score more in 20 over cricket! Might as well just open with Roy and Bairstow, we’d have the same number of wickets down after ten overs but at least have a few runs on the board!

There's something about your top three scoring 38 across both innings that makes it a little difficult to win test matches.

Honestly though, it's been a shambolic tour. Selection has been chaotic and reactionary, the captaincy has been poor and Silverwood continues to be uninspiring and uninspired.

Usually cricket is my solice from the travails of my football team....

The players don't know how to play this form of the game anymore. As with football TV money talks and I can't see test cricket being prioritised anytime soon.

New Zealand won the Test Championship and nobody goes to watch. T20 and the Eski's are in abundance.

There are only three countries that really give a fig about test cricket.

And most of our players would rather be earning big in the T20 format where you can just throw the bat at anything.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

New Zealand won the Test Championship and nobody goes to watch. T20 and the Eski's are in abundance.

There are only three countries that really give a fig about test cricket.

And most of our players would rather be earning big in the T20 format where you can just throw the bat at anything.

The test championship is a strange one. There’s the “final” but that’s a one off match.

I wonder if having a six week proper ‘tournament’ at the end of it might help… get Ireland, Netherlands, Afghanistan, etc in the qualifiers as well, have four years where series are played -  perhaps on a seeded basis. Then the best eight sides go into the ‘finals’. 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 6th, 4th vs 5th. A week off before the semis - Winner of g 1 vs winner of g4, winner of g2 vs winner of g3. Week off. Final. 

The test match arena seems like the one form of the international game which could stay miles ahead of the franchises. The short form is already at risk of being overtaken in relevance  (think champions league vs Euros in footy) - so I’m a bit surprised there isn’t more focus on the test match arena by the icc. 

The England cricket team collectively came up with the worst use of a bat since the street market in Wuhan..

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well, things are finally looking up.

There should be an Honours Board at each ground for glorious 'not outs' that saved a test, it's just as good as a '5 for' or a hundred.

• Haha 1

Only test cricket can produce the slow, compelling torture of the last couple of hours of this test!

As the person from the fanzone on BT Sport said, only in cricket could you have the world's best batsman bowling to the world's best bowler for a draw in a dead rubber and it be so exciting! 😀

Edited by Badger
Added extra words
  • Like 2