Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

So now we know

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It wasn’t Farke

What a baffling conclusion from a usually sensible poster.

Under Farke we lose that game about 5-0.

• Like 7

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given we are missing half the team..

What's the excuses for the other 10 defeats? 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

What a baffling conclusion from a usually sensible poster.

Under Farke we lose that game about 5-0.

What a baffling comment from a usually sensible poster.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

What a baffling comment from a usually sensible poster.

Why is it baffling?

Under Farke we wilted when we conceded with alarming consistency. Wasn't it 0 points picked up from losing positions in the Premier League?

We don’t have the players to compete at this level, it wouldn’t matter who was managing the team.

• Like 5

Lack of players available due to injuries and covid. Can’t hide from this fact and ultimately the personnel we have to play in the front 3 just aren’t quick and incisive enough to hurt teams. With no outlet we just kept moving the ball sidewards and backwards. Only really Placheta that looked like doing anything and crikey he wasn’t even anywhere near the team till a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly with our limited budget and small squad it’s hardly surprising with Normann and Rashica out that we have lost a real attacking threat

We need to sack Farke and smith has improved things. But we remain sunk due to investment - paying champ wages does not make a premiership side. And looking at how many champ sides are now splashing big bucks - I fear we will be heading to L1 unless the owners sell up 

Just now, king canary said:

Why is it baffling?

Under Farke we wilted when we conceded with alarming consistency. Wasn't it 0 points picked up from losing positions in the Premier League?

We were 2 points ahead of Villa when Dean Smith took over. From that point we smashed them. It took £150 million for Smith to outperform him.

The idea he is this big upgrade is baffling.

• Like 5

So the starting line up of….

Krull,

Aarons, Kabak, Gibson, Williams,

Gilmour, Sorensen, Mclean

Placheta Cantwell

Pukki,

That’s a pretty much not too far from the 11, some were calling for in the summer not too many would have complained.

Yet Placheta, Sorensen and Williams three who might not have started in a full strength side we’re the best in that pitch…..so I’m not having that injuries was why we lost tonight. We didn’t even bother to fight. That’s down to the coaching staff.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

No passion, no determination, no performance. 

Here is what I don't get.

Under Farke we saw many performances significantly worse than this.

Under Smith this was our poorest effort and it comes with some caveats (I don't think many teams cope well with losing so many players at short notice). So why are we so willing to ignore the evidence of Wolves, Man U, the second half v Southampton and even some of the Spurs game after tonight?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Here is what I don't get.

Under Farke we saw many performances significantly worse than this.

Under Smith this was our poorest effort and it comes with some caveats (I don't think many teams cope well with losing so many players at short notice). So why are we so willing to ignore the evidence of Wolves, Man U, the second half v Southampton and even some of the Spurs game after tonight?

That’s a fair comment but Farke won his last game and away from home. For me the question was is a new manager going to get more out of this squad and after tonight I just don’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We were 2 points ahead of Villa when Dean Smith took over. From that point we smashed them. It took £150 million for Smith to outperform him.

The idea he is this big upgrade is baffling.

Honestly the candle some still hold for Farke is a bit odd at this point.

The man averaged less than 0.5 ppg in the Premier League. Smith has picked up as many points in 6 games as Farke did in 11. My nan is an upgrade on Farke at this level and she's dead and didn't even like football.

Regardless of what the score would have hypothetically been if Farke was manager, there's one thing I think most of us can agree on:

The players brought in this summer (and last summer, with a view to this one) have not been good enough for the Premier League.  And that has now happened twice.  In almost identically comical fashion (too small, slow and lightweight).

Injuries or not, we were bottom of the league before today's game (and injury list) for a reason.

Maybe no-one wanted to sign for us, in which case, can't do anything about it.  But I'm skeptical that we couldn't have spent our money better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly the candle some still hold for Farke is a bit odd at this point.

The man averaged less than 0.5 ppg in the Premier League. Smith has picked up as many points in 6 games as Farke did in 11. My nan is an upgrade on Farke at this level and she's dead and didn't even like football.

The fact you have to come up with such ****e to make your point is telling.

Just now, Van wink said:

That’s a fair comment but Farke won his last game and away from home. For me the question was is a new manager going to get more out of this squad and after tonight I just don’t see it. 

The new manager kind of already has got more though.

Farke managed 5 points from 11 games with this squad. Smith has managed 5 points in 6 games.

Under Farke we conceded 26 goals in 11 games. Under Smith we've conceded 8 in 6. 

There have been marked improvements.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Regardless of what the score would have hypothetically been if Farke was manager, there's one thing I think most of us can agree on:

The players brought in this summer (and last summer, with a view to this one) have not been good enough for the Premier League.  And that has now happened twice.  In almost identically comical fashion (too small, slow and lightweight).

Injuries or not, we were bottom of the league before today's game (and injury list) for a reason.

Maybe no-one wanted to sign for us, in which case, can't do anything about it.  But I'm skeptical that we couldn't have spent our money better.

Agree with this - lack of physicality , height, power is what is really frustrating 

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

The fact you have to come up with such ****e to make your point is telling.

But it isn't ****e is it? Find me a Premier League manager with a worse record than Farke over 40+ games. You can't because it doesn't exist. He's literally the worst manager in Premier League history from a sheer results perspective.

I didn’t see anything tonight that was an improvement. I had at least expected to see the players, whoever they are, going out with an understanding of a game plan and giving it 100% I didn’t see that.

Edited by Van wink

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The level of performance was no better than under DF, irrespective of players who are out.

How can the level of the performance be irrespective of the players who are out? You realise there was another team playing tonight right? They weren’t just out there doing tricks and keepy uppies, they had to actually battle a PL quality team with a bunch of reserves.

from a sheer results perspective.

Some of us can look at it from a wider perspective than a single viewpoint.

Add in points gained per pound spent for example and he's objectively not the worst manager. But you'll pick what you want to suit your point, as I will.

But if you're coming to conclusions that Farke is the worst manager in Premier League history, you either need to look at yourself or your methods, because something certainly isn't right.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

The new manager kind of already has got more though.

Farke managed 5 points from 11 games with this squad. Smith has managed 5 points in 6 games.

Under Farke we conceded 26 goals in 11 games. Under Smith we've conceded 8 in 6. 

There have been marked improvements.

Whilst I think Smith is better than Farke. To be fair you do also need to consider the opponents as well.

Our fixture list was a nightmare at the start of this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

How can the level of the performance be irrespective of the players who are out? You realise there was another team playing tonight right? They weren’t just out there doing tricks and keepy uppies, they had to actually battle a PL quality team with a bunch of reserves.

You do know that Villa were poor tonight, right? Or didn't you watch the game?