chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL) *****

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did Webber injure our players and give them covid?hmm

No, but he wasted 75 million on an utter bunch of gutless, cowardly, total tripe. 

Gilmour especially can just **** off tonight. 

Until we have owners who seriously look for sensible investment this will keep happening. Its dull and boring and I am done giving them my money.

• Like 1

Just now, Herman said:

The team playing like twats again. The negative comments I'm getting used to.😉

Hermo I’d like to defend this performance and say it’s because of the missing players, but to be honest I hate managers who try to fit round pegs in to square holes, Mumba is a midfielder, Sorensen was very good again, wherever he plays, but it was so lethargic and slow, I don’t see any real improvement since Farke has gone, we put in a decent performance against United but they were awful. Both Farke and Smith can’t motivate the players for the fight……. Time to change the owners to move forwards? Take the gamble? What do you think?

I once shown the other half a photo of Slipknot because she didn’t know what they looked like. Her immediate response was “They’re a joke!”.

I felt like correcting her and showing her a photo of Norwich City FC as that’s the joke right now.

That was not good,

How can we be so encouraging one week and so poor the next.

I am all for playing out from the back if it gets results but our full backs went backwards far more times than was surely necessary.

I think DS now knows the enormity of the job he has in front of him.

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Give it a rest you petulant little idiots. 

The injury list is a mile long ffs. 

Oh, excuses yet again, always excuses. Give your head the thorough wobbling it needs. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Four loan signings. Spent £49M and still have four loan players?

What's your point?

Just now, WD40 said:

Normann and Rasicha are the only ones I'd really back to have made a difference. But Normann's was crocked when Webber brought him in. Caught out by a CB crisis AGAIN.

The club can only keep a certain amount of central defenders in the squad. We went into this season with 5 central defenders and a defensive midfielder who can cover the position. I don't think its fair to blame Webber and co for not constructing an entire squad of centre backs.

• Like 1

Just now, Grumpy said:

That was not good,

How can we be so encouraging one week and so poor the next.

I am all for playing out from the back if it gets results but our full backs went backwards far more times than was surely necessary.

I think DS now knows the enormity of the job he has in front of him.

Because the players we buy are not of the standard needed. Simple really.

24 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Calm down. He went down the tunnel and then shortly after came back to the bench and you think it's 'safe to say he's finished'?

Not talking about him going down the tunnel or not, its clear he's no interest in playing here anymore, sadly he's only worth a Pukka pie and a Kit Kat now. 

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's a full back, isn't he?

I believe he’s predominantly a midfielder who can comfort play fullback. I think I’ve read his preference is midfield.

Edited by Indy

The hope of any supporter is to reach what is the pinnacle being the premier league,But I hate all it stands for,I was never excited or hopeful from the start of the season,we just cannot compete in this league of Billionaire owners,I like all of you love our club but throw in a huge dose of realism one day in the not to distant future decisions will have to be made on our ownership,until then we have to take it on the chin

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope I believe he’s predominantly a midfielder who can comfort play fullback.

I thought he was a midfielder at Sunderland but we signed him with the intention of converting him to a fullback (attacking). So, I think you both be right. However, I believe he is (was under Farke at least) considered to be a full back as a part of our squad.

I believe he’s predominantly a midfielder who can comfort play fullback. I think I’ve read his preference is midfield.

Fair enough, news to me. I'm not sure he was what our midfield was missing tonight, though. Given the paucity of options I don't think Byram was the worst choice to put there.

Clearly we need Rashica back as a minimum. I don't want to see Cantwell start again until he's won his place back with stunning cameo performances but frankly I doubt it.

Positives Sorensen and Byram now back. Placheta looked a little more dangerous than usual.

I think we should be able to cancel West Ham match due to Covid issues and regroup - much like Man Utd can.

Edited by Yellow Fever

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Fair enough, news to me. I'm not sure he was what our midfield was missing tonight, though. Given the paucity of options I don't think Byram was the worst choice to put there.

For me I’d just put put Byram at CB and left our best midfielder where he was breaking up play! Thought Gilmour and McLean looked as bad as each other, might as well played the Proclaimers, at least they’d walk 500 miles!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For me I’d just put put Byram at CB and left our best midfielder where he was breaking up play!

Yeah, that's what I assumed he was going to do. Imagine he didn't think Byram had enough height to play CB. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

What's your point?

The club can only keep a certain amount of central defenders in the squad. We went into this season with 5 central defenders and a defensive midfielder who can cover the position. I don't think its fair to blame Webber and co for not constructing an entire squad of centre backs.

My point is that DF has been held responsible. Webber gets away with people hoping he doesn't leave.

So he went out and brought in £49M of players and then had to bring in four more loan players.

The myth that Webber is Merlin needs dissolving. Season 2019/20 he brought in only three players who figured in the firs team and one was Drmic. The four loan players were disasters.

This season, three players who figure in the first team. And it seems like the jury is out on Gilmour and Kabak of the four loan signings.

Not one of last season's signings figures regularly in the first team and arguably our POTS Skipp has gone. And we kept Dimi and Gibson.

Why is he held in such high regard.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hermo I’d like to defend this performance and say it’s because of the missing players, but to be honest I hate managers who try to fit round pegs in to square holes, Mumba is a midfielder, Sorensen was very good again, wherever he plays, but it was so lethargic and slow, I don’t see any real improvement since Farke has gone, we put in a decent performance against United but they were awful. Both Farke and Smith can’t motivate the players for the fight……. Time to change the owners to move forwards? Take the gamble? What do you think?

I am a keen proponent of the clubs way of doing things, I feel it is the right way for the long term health of the club but I would like to see a bit of improvement and not hit a brick wall every time we get to the Prem. I'm not sure what is needed, as I don't want us just to be like every other club. If we could get a much richer Delia Smith type......

7 minutes ago, YellowCanary said:

The hope of any supporter is to reach what is the pinnacle being the premier league,But I hate all it stands for,I was never excited or hopeful from the start of the season,we just cannot compete in this league of Billionaire owners,I like all of you love our club but throw in a huge dose of realism one day in the not to distant future decisions will have to be made on our ownership,until then we have to take it on the chin

I have said I prefer the Championship for years yet am told about no ambition etc. Well somebody tell me they enjoy enduring this for two years now.

16 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's a full back, isn't he?

He’s a midfielder like Godfrey was a midfielder. As certified by “The PinkUn armchair managers”™️.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have said I prefer the Championship for years yet am told about no ambition etc. Well somebody tell me they enjoy enduring this for two years now.

Exactly with our current set up this is our champions league, to win the championship and take the money, no worse than the top four clubs doing the same and taking the revenue from there.

To become competitive we need a change, it’s that simple. But like you I prefer the Championship as it’s more even competition from the start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

He’s a midfielder like Godfrey was a midfielder. As certified by “The PinkUn armchair managers”™️.

Great contribution by the normal suspects. Just quoting his time in the under 18 England side and his time at Sunderland. 🤔

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We’ve reached the highest league in the land and that is to be celebrated when we do,I just don’t expect anything more