Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Ronaldo's award following Saturday's game...

No award has ever been deserved more. Think the worst dive I’ve ever seen against Norwich. And done to save their arses as they were getting circles run around them by bottom team.May be an image of 1 person and text that says "WORLDS BIGGEST DIVER Liverpool & Manchester United just banter page 高量量 T 9 OOTBALLCUR Liverpool ter just banter page UNITED MU & LFC Banter Page"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If someone grabbed you by the neck and pulled you towards them you would probably fall over too.

Apart from the small matter that he didn't.

Live at the game it looked a clear dive, ho hum...........

Or in other words. Cheating fu(4ing diver

If someone grabbed you by the neck and pulled you towards them you would probably fall over too.

probably wouldn't squeal though ?  foolish/Naïve by Aarons but he certainly made the most of it. 

Max could jump on most blokes backs and they wouldn't collapse in the heap that Ronaldo did. Let's not pretend there was anything other than simulation going on. 

If it was a utd defender on Teemu every single one of you on here would be saying it's a penalty.  That's because it was. 100% 

Take the green and yellow specs off. 

• Like 2

Thought it was a dive until I saw the highlights later, must admit.  From the Barclay it looked very dramatic and was livid that they were awarded it.  Max will learn from that that, as Todd did vs Leicester.

The margins are so incredibly fine at this level.

It was a penalty. Maybe not the most 'pure' penalty. But Max literally gave him it.

If it was at the other end and a defender did that to Pukki I would have expected him to do the same.

Regardless of people's feelings towards Ronaldo, is was presented on a plate for him. Any other striker would do exactly the same.

Max messed up when the ball wasn't even reaching him. Let it go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nearly all of that is correct. Apart from the bit about gabbing him by the neck and pulling him towards you. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

If it was a utd defender on Teemu every single one of you on here would be saying it's a penalty.  That's because it was. 100% 

Yes we would. And yes, it was a penalty.

However, it still doesn't take away that it was a clever bit of play acting by Ronaldo which ensured it was one. Without the acting I suspect he wouldn't have even know Aarons was there 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have a word, Aarons can't even reach his bloody neck. If this is modern football, then quite frankly I'm done with it. 

Let's all find a way to excuse Ronaldo...

I think he screeched like a banshee because Max really hurt him and if it had happened to Pukki he'd probably still be in hospital today..

No I really wouldn't, **** like this is why I'm rapidly turning off to the modern game. 

But you would still have to question whether it would have been given if that had happened in the Man Utd box..........

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think he screeched like a banshee because Max really hurt him and if it had happened to Pukki he'd probably still be in hospital today..

Later in the game he made a rash challenge, ended up in a heap on the floor and as he lay there supposedly injured kept looking up to see if he had got a free kick or the game had been stopped........that for me sums up Ronaldo, great player but cheating bar steward as well. Thankfully he did not get a free kick and the game was not stopped.............

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Later in the game he made a rash challenge, ended up in a heap on the floor and as he lay there supposedly injured kept looking up to see if he had got a free kick or the game had been stopped........that for me sums up Ronaldo, great player but cheating bar steward as well. Thankfully he did not get a free kick and the game was not stopped.............

Indeed. But what I really enjoyed was how our players showed him no respect whatsoever. Pity some of those in the stands didn't follow suit...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

But you would still have to question whether it would have been given if that had happened in the Man Utd box..........

Indeed but thats a different question. 

5 hours ago, East Rider said:

Apart from the small matter that he didn't.

Live at the game it looked a clear dive, ho hum...........

Or in other words. Cheating fu(4ing diver

Max pulled him back , very slightly but he did and he knew he had done wrong , he didn’t even disagree with the refs decision, take off your yellow specs !

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't stand Ronaldo but it was a pretty clear penalty Nutty.

With our yellow an' green specs securely fused to our heads we'd have been livid if we'd seen that happen to one of our players and nothing given.

I was a little surprised the ref didn't call for VAR as that seems to be mandatory these days so he  must have thought it was clear cut.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

With our yellow an' green specs securely fused to our heads we'd have been livid if we'd seen that happen to one of our players and nothing given.

I was a little surprised the ref didn't call for VAR as that seems to be mandatory these days so he  must have thought it was clear cut.

It wasn't enough but Ronaldo made it enough. You won't see another of them given this season. Still photos don't show anything.

So out of ten how many times would that be given if it wasn't Ronaldo?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It wasn't enough but Ronaldo made it enough. You won't see another of them given this season. Still photos don't show anything.

So out of ten how many times would that be given if it wasn't Ronaldo?

Your guess is as good as mine but i think it would probably be less. It would be wrong if it was though.

We seem to be drifting into one of those questions-that-have-no-answer rambles so had a slight Ronaldo touch sent one or our players to ground in the penalty area would you have called it the same ? Forget the specs.

16 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Absolutely agree - what I noticed at the time (although TV doesnt show it ) is Krul absolutely blasted Max before protesting to the ref. 

The foul, which it unquestionably was, was unnecessary as the ball was high and over Ronnie's head. 

I believe every penalty award is checked by VAR by default. 

Just to be clear on this I am not saying that the Man Utd penalty was not a penalty, I am saying that Ronaldo is both a great player and a cheating bar steward. I am also of the opinion that if the same had happened to say Pukki in the Man Utd box the penalty would not have been given, but it is just an opinion...........