Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

The PinkUn + app - Your questions answered

On 15/12/2021 at 08:01, Grumpy said:

Can you give us the number that have signed up for this app.

Just over 3,500 as of this morning.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

@Feedthewolf@Feedthewolf get your laptop fired up. There's a lot of people out there anxious to part with £20🙄

Sorry. I'm not sure I follow? Hardly been on here the last few weeks (became a rescue puppy parent about a month ago, and it's swallowed up almost all my spare time!). Sorry if I've missed something?

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry. I'm not sure I follow? Hardly been on here the last few weeks (became a rescue puppy parent about a month ago, and it's swallowed up almost all my spare time!). Sorry if I've missed something?

Your absence was noted. Glad you have a 'fun' reason for your absence, and all is ok in the wolfie household. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have a look through your old private messages. 

More importantly, how is it going with the puppy? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Have a look through your old private messages. 

More importantly, how is it going with the puppy? 

Aha yes! I'm with you. I've not yet signed up for the app myself, but it's on my 'to do' list. As long as this forum remains undiluted by the evils of capitalist paywalls, though, I expect we'll be okay where we are, right?

We've had the pup for a month now, she's a proper 'Heinz 57'... even the insurance company weren't sure about her breed(s)! She's a Romanian rescue, so they've guessed at 'Carpathian Shepherd cross', although I doubt she'll be any bigger than a spaniel looking at her head and paws. She's got a lovely temperament, has obviously never been mistreated by a human hand... anyway, better leave it there before @The Real Buh gets wind of it and starts a campaign to move it to off-topic.

Hope you've all being playing nicely and staying safe in my absence, by the way!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hope you've all being playing nicely

No, not really 🙄

If you're really interested in your dog's heritage you can get canine DNA tests. My vet was a bit perplexed when I took in my Spanish rescue for the first time! The best sort of dogs😊

Screenshot_20211220-202715_Gallery.thumb.jpg.39603e58785910ae7d50e047114c2ec6.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 2

Cute dog.

Anyway, getting back to the app. I've subscribed and find I'm slowly reading a bit more Pinkun content than before. Overall, I quite like it.

We get the Evening News every day anyway, so I'm still on the fence about paying to subscribe. Thanks for the free trial though.

One suggestion, it would be useful to have a page listing who in the squad is injured and who is fit. Perhaps mentioning how long the player is expected to be out of action.

24 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Cute dog.

Anyway, getting back to the app. I've subscribed and find I'm slowly reading a bit more Pinkun content than before. Overall, I quite like it.

We get the Evening News every day anyway, so I'm still on the fence about paying to subscribe. Thanks for the free trial though.

One suggestion, it would be useful to have a page listing who in the squad is injured and who is fit. Perhaps mentioning how long the player is expected to be out of action.

I updated such a page many moons ago when I was on the sports desk, I'll suggest it to the team.

Pete, since we are now paying for the app, can those who pay not have the number of likes limited - added customer value for no extra cost etc….

On 02/01/2022 at 17:06, Newtopia said:

Pete, since we are now paying for the app, can those who pay not have the number of likes limited - added customer value for no extra cost etc….

Not on a user-by-user basis as this messageboard has nothing to do with the app, but I can increase the limit of likes across the board if people use them that much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Not on a user-by-user basis as this messageboard has nothing to do with the app, but I can increase the limit of likes across the board if people use them that much.

Not sure what the limit is for likes, but it could do with being a few more, especially on match days when the board is a lot busier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Not sure what the limit is for likes, but it could do with being a few more, especially on match days when the board is a lot busier.

Could we have a boo! Emoji added 😂

• Haha 5

On 05/01/2022 at 14:09, Pete Raven said:

Yes please, not really sure why there is a limit personally. In general I think it’s a positive to react to others comments and see who’s also doing it.

I’m not necessarily averse to a paywall for premium content (I happily subscribe to The Athletic and a few other sites), but why a mobile app? We have this wonderful invention called the World Wide Web which allows you to view content on any device instantly in software called a “browser” and you can even do neat stuff like sharing hyperlinks with friends. Making content that requires an app just seems like a backwards step. 

By all means, have an optional app, but it shouldn’t be required to view the premium content. You’re just losing potential users by doing that.

3 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

I’m not necessarily averse to a paywall for premium content (I happily subscribe to The Athletic and a few other sites), but why a mobile app? We have this wonderful invention called the World Wide Web which allows you to view content on any device instantly in software called a “browser” and you can even do neat stuff like sharing hyperlinks with friends. Making content that requires an app just seems like a backwards step. 

By all means, have an optional app, but it shouldn’t be required to view the premium content. You’re just losing potential users by doing that.

An app isn't a requirement to view the premium content - it's also available within a browser on all devices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Is the Press Conference only on the App now, all I’ve got is a blank page ?

No, press conference is still freely available on the site and working fine for me.

Just now, Pete Raven said:

No, press conference is still freely available on the site and working fine for me.

There now, cheers

10 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I downloaded the App but at 10.00pm tonight it melted my phone

A few users reported errors last night but I can confirm that City did actually win 3-0.