Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

The PinkUn + app - Your questions answered

Everyone is moving content from free websites to (preferably) paid apps, on the basis they can then provide exclusive content. It's just a different business model. Targeted adverts will inevitably follow because that's what happens to maximise revenue, and the AI within the app isn't just going to sit there and do nothing. Currently free apps won't be free for too much longer. Organisations spending money on non-interactive websites for little or no return is over - unless it uses the same tech as an app there won't be a website.

Desktops are virtually history already other than for very specific industries (design, entertainment etc) where processing power is needed. Laptops won't be far behind - almost every consumer and product development is now focussed on tablets/phones.

21 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Desktops are virtually history already other than for very specific industries (design, entertainment etc) where processing power is needed. Laptops won't be far behind - almost every consumer and product development is now focussed on tablets/phones.

We have a couple of tablets in the house and they simply don't get used - the ads have ruined them.

1 hour ago, mastoola said:

Hey pete?  do we have to pay for the app?

After your initial two-month fee trial, yes, but it’s ridiculously cheap. 

Will I be able to access the same account on both apple and android devices? It’s just the devices I mainly use to view the Pink un are my iPad and mobile, it’s just my mobile’s android 

30 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Will I be able to access the same account on both apple and android devices? It’s just the devices I mainly use to view the Pink un are my iPad and mobile, it’s just my mobile’s android 

All based on a login so I assume so but I’ll check and get back to you. 

I want to continue to use the forum to gain knowledge and to post my Matchday Experience video links. Do I need to subscribe to continue doing this? Also if I do have to subscribe can I use the same subscription for my android mobile and desktop  Mac ?

On 10/12/2021 at 11:40, sgncfc said:

Everyone is moving content from free websites to (preferably) paid apps, on the basis they can then provide exclusive content. It's just a different business model. Targeted adverts will inevitably follow because that's what happens to maximise revenue, and the AI within the app isn't just going to sit there and do nothing. Currently free apps won't be free for too much longer. Organisations spending money on non-interactive websites for little or no return is over - unless it uses the same tech as an app there won't be a website.

Au contraire, as Elton John nearly said: "I'm a desktop man until my dying day."

Some of the previously free content on the website has already gone to be exclusive to the app. And so it begins......

25 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Some of the previously free content on the website has already gone to be exclusive to the app. And so it begins......

Indeed, Paddy’s ratings piece was advertised on SM but you could only view them from the App. Previously free, now behind the (albeit currently free) new set up. Booooo. 😁

Your Pink Un+ subscription can be accessed on multiple devices and is not limited to just the device you signed up on. Depending on where you took out your subscription there are a few ways to activate access on other devices...

• If you subscribed via the Pink Un website, you can access on Android and Apple devices and our web view at https://app.pinkun.com by logging in using your email address and password

• If you subscribed within the app, you can access it on other devices on the same platform by tapping the 'Restore' button on the Subscribe window in the app on the new device to link your subscription

• If you subscribed within the app and wish to access on devices on a different platform or via our web view, please tap the 'Link your Apple Subscription'/'Link your Google Subscription' option in the ‘My Account’ section of the app and follow the steps to register an account. You will then be able to use the email address and password you register to login to the app on different devices and the web view at https://app.pinkun.com/ 

37 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

We've put a set of FAQs live now. They sit at the bottom of the Subscribe page on the Pink Un site here - https://www.pinkun.com/pinkunplus-the-pinkun-app but you can use this direct link to jump straight to the FAQs section of the page - https://www.pinkun.com/pinkunplus-the-pinkun-app#FAQ 

Pete, re those FAQs, I hadn't realised one had to do that linking to database bit when I signed up on Saturday, not least because immediately I was able to see the minute by minute, which I think was paywalled.

But now I can't see any of the paywalled stuff, presumably because I haven't done that linking, but when I click on  My Account I cannot see that linking link that is mentioned.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Pete, re those FAQs, I hadn't realised one had to do that linking to database bit when I signed up on Saturday, not least because immediately I was able to see the minute by minute, which I think was paywalled.

But now I can't see any of the paywalled stuff, presumably because I haven't done that linking, but when I click on  My Account I cannot see that linking link that is mentioned.

Hi PC, is there a 'Restore' button you can click?

Here are the contact details for customer support:

Email - digitalsubscriptions@archant.co.uk 
Tel - 020 8959 1173

10 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Hi PC, is there a 'Restore' button you can click?

Here are the contact details for customer support:

Email - digitalsubscriptions@archant.co.uk 
Tel - 020 8959 1173

Hi Pete, nothing obvious at all to click on. I will email the help desk. Thanks.

Press Conference article is now 10x better/easier to read, thanks for passing the message on and well done for the positive changes 👍

Not sure why you'd expect people to pay £1.99 per month to hear what you have to say, when you're happy to censor others with a somewhat dissenting view?

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Can you give us the number that have signed up for this app.

Don't hold out for an answer to that.

Naive may be,but if they want us to believe it is for the better then I would expect some honesty

But then again I was naive enough to think that the supporters would not resort to booing Buendia last night.

Apparently in my bloody dreams

Now that you have told us that you will give bigger, better and more exclusive reports,gossip and interviews perhaps you could start by having a face to face with Todd Cantwell and let him give his reasons and answers for his turbulent start to this campaign.

That would be worth a months subscription

Amazing.All of a sudden Pete has gone on holiday.

It was a genuine question.How many have signed up

49 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Amazing.All of a sudden Pete has gone on holiday.

It was a genuine question.How many have signed up

As i told you earlier don't hold your breath for an answer.

I emailed the support team with an issue I was having trying to sign in, they replied after two days asking if I could provide more details. I replied to ask what details they required  ( as I had already provided email address etc) and im still awaiting their reply a week later. 

Hardly inspiring. 

Still the new Pinkun+ gazebo looked nice outside the River End on Tuesday night! 

Numbers - I'll see what I can find out and if it's commercially sensitive or not.

Greavsy, send me an email with your details/issue and I'll see if I can get it hurried along.

2 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Greavsy, send me an email with your details/issue and I'll see if I can get it hurried along.

Thanks Pete, I've emailed you the email trail. 

On 15/12/2021 at 08:01, Grumpy said:

Can you give us the number that have signed up for this app.

Just went to download for Android and shows 500+, so somewhere between 500 and 1000 I'd guess. Obviously that doesn't include Apple/desk top downloads