Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

This afternoon's games

Newcastle have just scored against Burnley which I think is a good thing for us. 

Meanwhile, south of the border, our good friends are drawing 0-0 with Barrow in the FA Cup. I went to Barrow once and it's a desperate place. I had no idea they had a football team. 

Keep in mind Newcastle have so far not been able to keep a lead in any match they have scored first this season

Let's see if they change that today..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Newcastle have just scored against Burnley which I think is a good thing for us. 

Meanwhile, south of the border, our good friends are drawing 0-0 with Barrow in the FA Cup. I went to Barrow once and it's a desperate place. I had no idea they had a football team. 

A bit like their opponents then?

West Ham beat Chelsea earlier despite being totally out of it for the first half.

I stopped watching after Mount scored, thinking it was game over. Just goes to show, whatever happens tomorrow WE MUST NOT GIVE UP.

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The Bluebirds play at Holker Street and have had a league team back in the days of teams finishing bottom of division 4 having to reapply for staying in the Football League. Due to their isolated geographical position at the end of the longest cul-de-sac in the world other clubs voted them out to avoid having to travel there the following season. The ground, like the town, is a dump (or was when I visited the town some years ago) but there is a good museum ai the old socks.

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

West Ham beat Chelsea earlier despite being totally out of it for the first half.

I stopped watching after Mount scored, thinking it was game over. Just goes to show, whatever happens tomorrow WE MUST NOT GIVE UP.

I took Mount out of my dreamteam last week.😖

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'd rather Newcastle drew tbh.

I suppose that we want all the other games to be a draw but we definitely don't want Burnley to win 

18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yes,HT and the plucky underdogs are hanging on at home.......... but I'm sure that Barrow will up their game and show their class 😂

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I suppose that we want all the other games to be a draw but we definitely don't want Burnley to win 

No that would be the worst outcome. 

A Newcastle win wouldn't be a disaster but would round off a good week for them.

Can't help dwelling on our goal difference though. Hope it doesn't 'kill' us in the end.

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just checked the match stats, not a single shot on target for the binners so far 

Jeez, that's both Oldham and Barrow at home, and they haven't won either of them. They must be disappointed............

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ipswich 0 Barrow 0

Attendance 6245 (that's not a typo) 

That’s a great result - they have to traipse all the way up to the north west for a replay, it’s well over 300miles.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s a great result - they have to traipse all the way up to the north west for a replay, it’s well over 300miles.

334 miles if you can't afford the toll on the M6

14 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ipswich 0 Barrow 0

Attendance 6245 (that's not a typo) 

I wonder how many of those 6245, were tourists (from through out the world) there to bask in the reflected light from their stars and taste the history which exists at such a big club.

Edited by Newtopia
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I wonder how many of those 6245, were tourists (from through out the world) there to taste the history which exists at such a big club.

I’m sure they all left suitably impressed with the font, if nothing else.

• Like 1