Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Serious question, if we had a gay player...

19 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

if I can’t tickle you with systematically ruining peoples mental health who use the platforms, including specifically targeting Children

I mean, I'd prefer instagram and facebook over BBC radio DJs and presenters running amok all over the country f*cking them with impunity as they did for three decades. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Of course, if you aren't paying then you are the product.

How is that different from Pinkun.com? 

Ad networks are the customer, you are the product. 

Because the Pinkun doesn't harvest everything you do. Your data is the product. It's not just the ads that are targeted but the posts too and the order you see stuff. 

You all need to watch the Social Dilemma. 

11 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Because the Pinkun doesn't harvest everything you do. Your data is the product. It's not just the ads that are targeted but the posts too and the order you see stuff. 

You all need to watch the Social Dilemma. 

Right... 

And Google follow you around the net using analytics code that webmasters embed on every page (including the Pinkun) as well as adsense codes that many imbed to serve ads... here's the source code of this very page:

analytics.JPG.372ce7f115af07fe43a6f51f50f16d88.JPG

That assumes you aren't already using Google Chrome or an Android phone of course! 

And facebook do it via the embedded like and share buttons, tracking their logged in users around the web and noting what they are browsing. Have a think about how it is that these behemoths know what you are looking at, what ads to serve you. You can download everything that Google knows about you, I'll show you how if you want. 

1698233577_facebooklikebutton.thumb.JPG.f2f7ae7d99048a3fbc033a85531bbac1.JPG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Morally it's of course questionable in regards to people and their data, but @TeemuVanBasten is essentially correct.

My company manages Facebook Ad's for a number of clients and we can target people who recently searched for a similar product and live within a certain radius of the client, if that's relevant. If one of my clients sold Wedding Dresses, for example, I could target people who have recently got engaged on Facebook and already visited the main national chains websites. If people visit one of our clients' websites but don't purchase, we can target them with an ad offering the product they looked at with a 5% discount code.

It all sounds intrusive and to a degree it is but the alternative is you'll still get shown just as many ads across different networks, they'll just have little relevance to you.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, I'd prefer instagram and facebook over BBC radio DJs and presenters running amok all over the country f*cking them with impunity as they did for three decades. 

You can not like both you know, it’s ok to do that.

excuse me for Not supporting the BBC helping child abusers. What a horrendous opinion eh?

image.png.e8af5d93132f27d33424e60e7059e35c.png

It captures the weak minds first and then, they are ready to fight to defend it, as we’ve seen in this thread.

I actually find it hilarious how similar social media addicts resemble legitimate drug addicts

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Morally it's of course questionable in regards to people and their data, but @TeemuVanBasten is essentially correct.

My company manages Facebook Ad's for a number of clients and we can target people who recently searched for a similar product and live within a certain radius of the client, if that's relevant. If one of my clients sold Wedding Dresses, for example, I could target people who have recently got engaged on Facebook and already visited the main national chains websites. If people visit one of our clients' websites but don't purchase, we can target them with an ad offering the product they looked at with a 5% discount code.

It all sounds intrusive and to a degree it is but the alternative is you'll still get shown just as many ads across different networks, they'll just have little relevance to you.

All sounds morally backrupt if you ask me. It's got to the point that if you look at something, for example like you want to buy a handbag for your mum for her birthday, you are instantly targeted wherever you go on the internet. It's the same as going to a store and looking at a handbag and instantly being surrounded by salesmen trying to get you to look at their product who then follow you around while you want to look at and think about other things. It's a kind of harrassment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Over 30% of people still believe that there is something wrong with same-sex relationships, and a few years ago that increased for the first time in a while.

I prefer to deal with reality really.

A lot of those will be religious people of course. I'm sure a lot of people think that the religious need their head checking, but I prefer to live and let live and believe people are entitled to their opinions.

More pressing isn't the opinion that they hold but whether they are prepared to convey that in any way publicly, e.g. by chanting or writing on twitter. That's the bit that will bother gay players, and the bit you should take issue with yobocop. 

Somebody who has a problem with same-sex relationships isn't automatically doing you or anybody else any harm are they. 

Someone who has a problem with same-sex relationships might not automatically be harming society, but as soon as they start agitating about keeping marriage for hetero partners only and use religion as a crutch to back it up, they very much are.

(Although my approach on marriage is far more radical. Kill it off as a state institution. That way, heterosexual and homosexual people can partner with whom they please, I just don't see the need for the state in it).

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

All sounds morally backrupt if you ask me. It's got to the point that if you look at something, for example like you want to buy a handbag for your mum for her birthday, you are instantly targeted wherever you go on the internet. It's the same as going to a store and looking at a handbag and instantly being surrounded by salesmen trying to get you to look at their product who then follow you around while you want to look at and think about other things. It's a kind of harrassment.

I prefer it to how they did it previously, which was cold-call people on their phones or door-to-door sales.

Give me an ad that I can ignore over that any day of the week. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It captures the weak minds first and then, they are ready to fight to defend it, as we’ve seen in this thread.

I actually find it hilarious how similar social media addicts resemble legitimate drug addicts

Nobody is really denying the science or your point Buh.

Just a bit awkward that you are making it via an electronic device on an internet forum that you spend a lot of time on, you are displaying a lack of self-awareness. You are projecting.

You keep saying that social media is a waste of time, yet on Saturday you posted at:

07:16
09:47
11:08
11:51
12:08
13:34
14:09
16:20
16:53
17:02

That's actually 11 posts in 11 hours. Practice what you preach and put your phone down then, stop having a weak mind and stop getting your dopamine from the Pink'un. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

That's the core mechanics of addiction I suppose, how it's prefixed merely signifies the severity/cost of the action, the weight of the come-down and how socially accepted it is.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nobody is really denying the science or your point Buh.

Just a bit awkward that you are making it via an electronic device on an internet forum that you spend a lot of time on, you are displaying a lack of self-awareness. You are projecting.

You keep saying that social media is a waste of time, yet on Saturday you posted at:

07:16
09:47
11:08
11:51
12:08
13:34
14:09
16:20
16:53
17:02

That's actually 11 posts in 11 hours. Practice what you preach and put your phone down then, stop having a weak mind and stop getting your dopamine from the Pink'un. 

I go dark for weeks

ypu are here all the time you don’t leave

reassess 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Obviously I’m not sure of your personal history with social media and clearly you have entrenched options on social media which are solidified so fair enough, nobody forces you to use it and while I find your stance all a little foil hat I just wanted to understand why such vitriol was being shown. I will continue not to be bothered about data collection and personalised ads, bigger things and all that. It’s a little preachy to call people using it as weak minds, addicts etc but it’s not Friday so fill your boots 🙂 

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

Whatever happened to just writing a letter, or wandering down to the phone box to make a call? 🤔 🤣

Apples

2 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Whatever happened to just writing a letter, or wandering down to the phone box to make a call? 🤔 🤣

Apples

You know in those days people said “you never see telegrams any more’ and ‘channel 4, what on earth so we need another channel for, we have three already!’ 🤣

• Haha 1

Whether you're gay/straight/bi there's reasons people will just want to keep their personal life personal.  But even in doing that, it still has people gossiping about you.  My brother-in-law and his mates are convinced a certain manager is gay because of the privacy he holds.

It's great when you see players with their wives, children end of season on the pitch celebrating or applauding fans, but then once that exposure occurs the seal has been broken.  Holty, his wife and kids used to be very much active on social media - I remember him posting images of kids going to school, which is quite brave in itself when you're already getting plenty of hate coming in.

So, I guess taking this up a level, how would supporters react to one a player holding hands with another guy and kissing/cuddling as wives/families do at end of season?

I mean, anyone who's played the game know there's plenty of gay shenanigans that goes on.  Most people I've played with are like closet gays in the regard that they love close male relationships and love a bit of fun in the showers, call it bromance.. y'know, cause it's "Bro's" lol.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there would be a terrible reaction to it, and if there was from the 'lad' culture then it's pretty hypocritical really as above. No doubt this will happen in the near future though.

In fact, to think of boxing there's several female fighters who's female partners are with them to the build-up and weigh-ins.  I don't follow women's football, but perhaps there's more evidence in female sports perhaps? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I go dark for weeks

reassess 

They take his internet privileges away. 😀

1 hour ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Obviously I’m not sure of your personal history with social media and clearly you have entrenched options on social media which are solidified so fair enough, nobody forces you to use it and while I find your stance all a little foil hat I just wanted to understand why such vitriol was being shown. I will continue not to be bothered about data collection and personalised ads, bigger things and all that. It’s a little preachy to call people using it as weak minds, addicts etc but it’s not Friday so fill your boots 🙂 

Every second you are on social media somebody who isn’t is doing something more positive and worthwhile.

Every second that ticks by

genuinely successful people don’t use social media and if they have to they pay somebody to do it for them. Have a think about that.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

They take his internet privileges away. 😀

He’s on The pinkun non-stop, and Facebook, and Twitter and Instagram and Reddit etc etc

im sure he’s got time to be successful, he’s not a slave to it, he’s not addicted, he just spends most of his waking hours on there

healthy

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Technology does not equal social media

theres plenty of good technology, social media has a vastly negative net outcome.

why would you tax the hell out of cigarettes and booze and not social media?

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I go dark for weeks

reassess 

I think the point is Buh that you are calling social media users people with a "weak mind"

When in one day you access and post on this forum more than I have looked at facebook in the past two weeks.

You deleted your facebook because you have a weak mind and could not control your usage. That is fair enough, but when you start throwing around labels at everybody else they can just see that you are projecting. 

The fact that you don't have accounts on these social media platforms, and therefore have no experience of how one can use settings to completely reshape how the platforms look and function to them in the year 2021, makes you completely unqualified to adopt the title of social media guru expert warrior or whatever it is that you are trying to be. 

You are no different in your tech warrior advocacy than those annoying preachy militant vegans (who I don't see on social media anymore, because that is entirely within my control). Get back in your box Mr. Social Justice Warrior, let the grown ups have their conversation. 

I love the way that you think you are edgy and anti-woke, when actually you are being a preachy social justice warrior like the people you so often purport to differ from. You've been found out.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

53 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Technology does not equal social media

theres plenty of good technology, social media has a vastly negative net outcome.

why would you tax the hell out of cigarettes and booze and not social media?

I think we should tax forum posts by the word, because you might post less frequently. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Every second you are on social media somebody who isn’t is doing something more positive and worthwhile.

Every second that ticks by

genuinely successful people don’t use social media and if they have to they pay somebody to do it for them. Have a think about that.

Having thought about that as requested, I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say that successful people (especially those who gauge success by happiness not just by wealth) probably have a good understanding of the work/life balance and are not doing something positive or constructive every second of the day. 

As for the assertion that social media gives an overwhelming net negative impact on society, please, that’s as absurd as saying all users are weak minded. It balances state controlled communication (why places like North Korea don’t like it), it provides enjoyment to billions of users, it helps people find jobs, start careers, find love (how many marriages start online nowadays?) keeps family and friends connected the list goes on and on. You seem to think that all it’s for is to find out what Kim kardasion had for breakfast but if we are making baseless claims I will throw this out, how many lives has social media saved? Help, support, community pages, campaigns, even the recent covid vaccination programme was pushed heavily by Facebook.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

What irritates me is if say, I look for and then buy a pair of shoes online, for weeks after I’m still hounded by ads for shoes from the very company I bought from.

12 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

What irritates me is if say, I look for and then buy a pair of shoes online, for weeks after I’m still hounded by ads for shoes from the very company I bought from.

I get you there, I once google searched the lyrics to Highway to Hell and for days after kept getting travel reports for the A140. 

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

I get you there, I once google searched the lyrics to Highway to Hell and for days after kept getting travel reports for the A140. 

Quality post SoG! good work. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think the point is Buh that you are calling social media users people with a "weak mind"

When in one day you access and post on this forum more than I have looked at facebook in the past two weeks.

You deleted your facebook because you have a weak mind and could not control your usage. That is fair enough, but when you start throwing around labels at everybody else they can just see that you are projecting. 

The fact that you don't have accounts on these social media platforms, and therefore have no experience of how one can use settings to completely reshape how the platforms look and function to them in the year 2021, makes you completely unqualified to adopt the title of social media guru expert warrior or whatever it is that you are trying to be. 

You are no different in your tech warrior advocacy than those annoying preachy militant vegans (who I don't see on social media anymore, because that is entirely within my control). Get back in your box Mr. Social Justice Warrior, let the grown ups have their conversation. 

I love the way that you think you are edgy and anti-woke, when actually you are being a preachy social justice warrior like the people you so often purport to differ from. You've been found out.

The coping mechanism in this post is hilarious

you couldn’t quit for a day, your posts make you sound like a smackhead, but it’s your life. Play candy crush your whole life.😂

look, I could give you statistics about the amount of child suicides social media creates or whatever but you’ll just defend social media, like you’d defend a dealer, it’s just sad listening to you guys.

The more people like you, the more room there is for people that want to live functional, meaningful lives. Your weakness is being exploited, so I guess not all Bad.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think we should tax forum posts by the word, because you might post less frequently. 

You’d be broke pretty quickly

Edited 1 hour ago by TeemuVanBasten Because social media addiction has weakened his cognitive ability

1 hour ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Having thought about that as requested, I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say that successful people (especially those who gauge success by happiness not just by wealth) probably have a good understanding of the work/life balance and are not doing something positive or constructive every second of the day. 

As for the assertion that social media gives an overwhelming net negative impact on society, please, that’s as absurd as saying all users are weak minded. It balances state controlled communication (why places like North Korea don’t like it), it provides enjoyment to billions of users, it helps people find jobs, start careers, find love (how many marriages start online nowadays?) keeps family and friends connected the list goes on and on. You seem to think that all it’s for is to find out what Kim kardasion had for breakfast but if we are making baseless claims I will throw this out, how many lives has social media saved? Help, support, community pages, campaigns, even the recent covid vaccination programme was pushed heavily by Facebook.

💉 <— 

mad Olivia Newton John once sung

”hopelessly devoted to you”

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

you couldn’t quit for a day, your posts make you sound like a smackhead, but it’s your life. Play candy crush your whole life.😂

You are incredibly out of touch with the world aren't you buh. Who plays games on facebook these days?

Candy Crush is released on iOS and Android, people download games via those stores now.

Go back to 2012, or stop pretending to be a tech guru. 

Unless you can prove that you are using an encrypted phone like the Zebra with a good VPN + a browser with a VPN built in, then you are being a massive hypocrite up there on that platform. Is obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

What browser you using Buh? Chrome by Google Edge by Microsoft? What phone you using Buh? One running Android by Google, or one running iOS by Apple? 

Never shop on Amazon or use Amazon services? Don't answer that one actually, you are browsing a website hosted by Amazon right now:

buh.JPG.178c4445faea14a8cb6fff4c899dff6b.JPG

What an imbecile. 

Any other area you want to show your distinct lack of knowledge in Mr. Guru? Fancy being a lawyer for the day? How about moonlighting as a doctor?