Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Serious question, if we had a gay player...

On 03/10/2021 at 20:58, Baracouda said:

Not sure why the need to 'come out'. No heterosexual declares their sexuality not sure why people feel a need for homosexual to do so.

In a majority heterosexual world, staying in the closet effectively means pretending to be someone you are not.  No heterosexual needs to come out, but neither do they need to hide it.  Why should anyone have to hide who they are?

It's probably just a matter of time before gay footballers are accepted.  For many of this generation who have grown up since the millennium it's not a case of coming out: they've never been in.

Edited by benchwarmer

On 09/10/2021 at 10:42, robert choice said:

Teachers?

Moral brainwashers by another name.

Yes, I could perhaps teach chemical engineering without any of my own personality and morality influencing the process, but I don't see how I could teach history, philosophy, literature, economics, or indeed most subjects, without some element of my own moral standards slipping in. For example, if I teach the history of slavery, should I try to hide my own belief that its abolition was a good thing? If I say that this history is a major factor in modern-day racism, is that moral brainwashing?

A good teacher will be aware of their own biases and try to allow for them in their teaching, but imagining that there is some kind of education that is value-free is nonsense.  

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 21:58, Baracouda said:

Not sure why the need to 'come out'. No heterosexual declares their sexuality not sure why people feel a need for homosexual to do so.

Oh Jesus, this kind of passive aggression/excuse to ignore discrimination went out last century.

• Like 1