Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

On 18/12/2021 at 13:41, Herman said:

Vibration pads!! Marvelous. I am heading to B and Q too. Cheers. 👍

Maybe not B and Q then.😐 Looking for something else on their website and was told it was aisle 39. Looked in the shop. There's 36 aisles. Ho hum, that's why everyone shops online.

That's in the magical section. Run your trolley into the wall beyond aisle 36.

Why on earth did I start reading this thread from the beginning?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's in the magical section. Run your trolley into the wall beyond aisle 36.

Why on earth did I start reading this thread from the beginning?

Harry Potter and the B&Q Trolley. It's dull but not as dull as this thread. 😉

• Haha 1

I'm sure I've whined about this before but it's still valid. If train companies insist that you use your phone for tickets they should provide chargers 

27 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I'm sure I've whined about this before but it's still valid. If train companies insist that you use your phone for tickets they should provide chargers 

I'd extend this whine to include having WiFi capable of loading emails to retrieve said tickets.

• Like 1

Just been listening to Radio 4 talk about new build homes. A shocking state of affairs. If you are looking at one get an independent snagging report. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Herman said:

Just been listening to Radio 4 talk about new build homes. A shocking state of affairs. If you are looking at one get an independent snagging report. 

As this producer of reels on FB and other sites makes abundantly clear. Complete tuna melts and winklespanners.

Facebook

On 02/01/2022 at 21:42, KernowCanary said:

People who force you to dance with them just because a band is playing in the pub you are in.

My better half and myself decided to venture over to Turo for New Year’s Eve, and in one of the pubs was this couple from Falmouth who had the same idea as us. When my better half went to the toilet, I was alone and the female half of this couple caught my eye standing alone, I knew that was it, she tried grabbing me to dance with her to this godawful covers band. Thankfully my better half came up to her while trying to persuade me and said “It’s not his damn thing Emily!”.

Just thought I’d get that one out there, although it’s not worth complaining about like the thread title says, it’s still irritating people forcing others into doing things that are not their thing and are not interested.

I know this is 2 years old but I was looking for something else and stumbled upon it. 

It's not necessarily restricted to dancing but people who dance are by far the worst. I was once cornered by a terrifying woman (extraordinary I hear you say, but I was probably the only bloke left standing). She demanded that I dance with her and actually tried to drag me towards the dance floor. She uttered the words "you'll enjoy it if you try it". I told her that I was going to Holkham the next day (New Year's Day) to do a 10 mile circular walk including a lot of mud and 2 miles on the beach. I told her that if she tried it she might enjoy it. 

I didn't dance and she didn't walk. 

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

As this producer of reels on FB and other sites makes abundantly clear. Complete tuna melts and winklespanners.

Facebook

😲😲

The lady on radio got a free washing machine with her flat. The waste water pipe wasn't attached to anything. 

The roof made of metal sheeting that hadn't been welded and sealed properly. 

No damp proofing. 

Etc. etc. 

Denmark is probably the most expensive country I've visited. It's also the cleanest and  the people are the nicest. Proves you generally get what you pay for!

Edited by The Raptor
Bears
  • Like 1

Why do I think it's Saturday today?

I know I'm retired, but I was looking for the match thread, as well as thinking the retail park was not very busy for a Saturday.

Oh, and Breydon Water is very high just now...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I know I'm retired, but I was looking for the match thread, as well as thinking the retail park was not very busy for a Saturday.

I haven't got the day wrong but I had a weird one the other day. Lunchtime, got my brew sorted, sat down with my sarnies then looked at my phone and realised I was an hour early. I did wonder where everyone else was.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:
  • Alan Partridge: I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness... horses running through council estates... toothless simpletons... people with eyebrows on their cheeks... badly tarmacked drives, in this country... uh, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings... lots of rocks, and, uh, Beamish. I think people are saying "Yes, there's more to Ireland than this". A good slogan for the tourist board. "There's more to Oireland dan dis".
  • Haha 2

I've just started using Duolingo! I'm on my 4th day of learning Danish. I'm not sure I'm ready to compete in any league yet!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I've just started using Duolingo! I'm on my 4th day of learning Danish. I'm not sure I'm ready to compete in any league yet!

I started the Spanish course with that 👍

They also do a learn Klingon course 😯

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2024 at 08:14, The Raptor said:

A horse won't help

• Haha 1

Ended up bailing a team out at five-a-side last night (defences were not on top, we won 20-11) and the opposition team had a player in a Luxembourg national top. Questioned him on it and he said he'd played against them when he was younger.

Turned out it was former Manchester United youngster, journeyman pro and Wales international Daniel Nardiello. Quick Wiki, he's still younger than me.

Posted (edited)

People not putting equipment away in the gym!!!!? Why? Why do they feel they can get all sorts of equipment out and then just leave it laying everywhere? 

Maybe this is just more noticable to me because I work nights in a gym and spend most of my 8hr shifts clearing equipment up after people!! 

Really boils my pi55. If you use something just put the fūçkër back! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 3

On 01/03/2024 at 12:51, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I lost my boombox on Breydon Water in 1985, it was on the roof of our barge and a gust of wind carried it over the side. One of our party nearly ran us aground trying to retrieve it. It was playing a cassette of the Footloose soundtrack at the time. It was a mercy killing 🤣

• Haha 2

On 27/02/2024 at 08:46, Mason 47 said:

I'd extend this whine to include having WiFi capable of loading emails to retrieve said tickets.

Don’t get me started. Why even bother on the line I use to London? Basically it only works when I get a decent 4G signal anyway, but it’s still slower.

On 05/03/2024 at 16:13, GodlyOtsemobor said:

People not putting equipment away in the gym!!!!? Why? Why do they feel they can get all sorts of equipment out and then just leave it laying everywhere? 

Maybe this is just more noticable to me because I work nights in a gym and spend most of my 8hr shifts clearing equipment up after people!! 

Really boils my pi55. If you use something just put the fūçkër back! 

The modern man's 'where do you leave the shopping trolley' conundrum.

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

The modern man's 'where do you leave the shopping trolley' conundrum.

Talking of supermarkets - those people who put stuff in their trolley and then half way round the store leave the item on some random shelf. Most annoying. A supermarket worker once told me that refridgerated stuff can't be put back in the original space and the item has to be disposed of.

Peter Hickman and Richard Cooper on almost Factory Triumph 765’s May win the Daytona 200 the day after tomorrow 

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Talking of supermarkets - those people who put stuff in their trolley and then half way round the store leave the item on some random shelf. Most annoying. A supermarket worker once told me that refridgerated stuff can't be put back in the original space and the item has to be disposed of.

I could fill pages & pages with rants about supermarket etiquette. Probably best not to.

Posted (edited)
On 08/03/2024 at 08:17, Mason 47 said:

I could fill pages & pages with rants about supermarket etiquette. Probably best not to.

Oh go on...... 

With me, the main problem is people who seem surprised they have to pay. Sad to say this is an almost exclusively  female phenomenon. 

A 5 minute hunt for a payment card is incredibly annoying, especially when you have frozen stuff. Strangely this never happens in Aldi but is a regular occurrence in Tesco. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 3