Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sitti has left city

Now here's a good example of a wasted transfer. Had such high hopes at the time too. Anyone know what's gone on here? Did he come in thinking he would be playing and get upset he was not? Or some behind the scenes drama? Very strange.

Never felt like one fot the first team at the time but I do remember there being a bit more fanfare than the average u23s signing. Surely we just all wanted a player named Sitti in our first team.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now here's a good example of a wasted transfer. Had such high hopes at the time too. Anyone know what's gone on here? Did he come in thinking he would be playing and get upset he was not? Or some behind the scenes drama? Very strange.

Nothing strange about it at all. Low risk transfer where we obviously scouted and thought he had some potential. Hes not realised that potential and we arent in a market where clubs will take a punt on players like him for a small transfer fee.

We can afford to make 15 of these mistakes if a Cantwell, Emi or similar comes as number 16.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Had a failed loan move last season where he didn't manage to break into the squad then ended up back here. Win some, lose some

Can be difficult for even good players to make an impact when transferred to a new club. Maybe he just felt he didn't get the opportunities that he thought he deserved and that affected his mojo. Not all transfers work out.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There is another scenario, Cambridge - he just might not have made the grade unfortunately, and that’s all there is to it? 😉

• Like 2

We bought Sitti, Sinani and McCullum more or less at the same time and seemed to change our minds very quickly on all of them. From what I saw, he looked a decent player. 

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

We bought Sitti, Sinani and McCullum more or less at the same time and seemed to change our minds very quickly on all of them. From what I saw, he looked a decent player. 

Still feel that McCullum could have done a good job for us in the Champs. Of course I stil think Dimi and Williams are probably better players than him but I do feel Mcallum could have broken into our first team if not for them.. And of course Xavi.

As has been said, I think it was just a low-risk punt on a player who turned out to not be good enough.

It would be interesting to know if we have paid him off or have effectively just allowed him a free transfer, because surely someone would've been prepared to take him on a free? I can't imagine his wages were very high.

We are demanding very high standards from our players. All part of the process of transitioning to a Premiership outfit. Some will make the grade, others won't. 

• Like 1

The likes of him, Sinani, McCullum etc were signed in the event of us getting stuck in the Championship. They were never going to be good enough for the Premier. Moving them on to allow them to get football at their levels is the right thing. 

This self funded nonsense means we have to spend our money wisely another example of the contradiction of how the club is being run 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

This self funded nonsense means we have to spend our money wisely another example of the contradiction of how the club is being run 

Whereas you'd prefer us to spend our money unwisely presumably? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The likes of him, Sinani, McCullum etc were signed in the event of us getting stuck in the Championship. They were never going to be good enough for the Premier. Moving them on to allow them to get football at their levels is the right thing. 

It seems a bit strange to sign players when we're in the Prem for if we get stuck in the Championship. 

I think it's more a case of the loan not working out but Sitti didn't have much of a chance in Belgium. We've got 14 out on loan, only a few are getting 90 minutes. We had great hopes for Josh Martin and Omotoye, it would be sad to see their careers go the same way. 

We seem to be paying quite a few players off and they're being signed up very soon afterwards. I would imagine we're contributing to the wages of those on loan. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Utter horse manure 

Well he went on loan to the same club as Sinani last season and didn't get a kick despite being injury free.

That coupled with the petulant red card he got last season for kicking out at somebody and I'd hazard a guess that it was a mix of him not having the required discipline and perhaps having a bit less ability than we first thought.

One of the chaps who writes for Rick Waghorn's site reckons that Webber considered him almost ready for the first team, but Farke disagreed once he arrived.

Shame things never worked out for him. Some moves just don’t work out the way they were supposed to.

I wish him all the best for the future.