Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Southampton to wear rainbow kit to fight discrimination

I think the meaning behind it is more important than the aesthetics.

That said, I like an out-there kit and think they should make it their home kit for the season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

That said, I like an out-there kit and think they should make it their home kit for the season.

Absolutely, and the fact we are discussing it proves it's done its job. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Absolutely, and the fact we are discussing it proves it's done its job. 

Well, we are talking about how disgusting it is rather than whatever was behind it (…which I’ve forgotten, something about rainbows?😉)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, we are talking about how disgusting it is rather than whatever was behind it (…which I’ve forgotten, something about rainbows?😉)

Agreed, but it's a start. Without the shirt it would have been nothing..... 

🦄 Are better than 🌈 

Edited by Greavsy

As ever with stuff like this, the aesthetics are less important. It'll trigger the troglodytes that need to be triggered. Concept is laudable enough though.

Still think that fan-designed concept kit we had for the NHS that was largely white with a small rainbow detail down one side of the upper chest was the best kit I'd seen in any style, for any team, in a long time.

• Like 2

Who do these Saints think they are, with their holier-than-thou attitude.

Just jestin’ , hideous 50s abstract art but a nice sentiment  

Shouldda been this. I don't know whose idea it was, but it was superb. I do have a T-shirt from the 2014 Spreewald Marathon which is fairly similar, but their rainbow is a small swoosh around the event badge and down, but mainly covers one sleeve.

Norwich City 20-21 Away Kit Released - Footy Headlines

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Canarywary said:

Agreed. I've seen a few 'PL kit reviews' and they're utterly pointless because they're pretty much the same as the last 10 years. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You love to see it. Not sure if it's the best kit I have ever seen or the worst.. Can it be both at once? 🤔

Meanwhile, Saints became the first team to win the Premier League with 38 straight wins as the opposition were all hit with seizures before the games started.

• Thanks 1

sI-Iite white DJ playing a Martin Luther King Jr speech over a jank EDM beat on top of a NY skyscraper surrounded by white people...I think the silly man possibly missed the point a tad. 

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Agreed. I've seen a few 'PL kit reviews' and they're utterly pointless because they're pretty much the same as the last 10 years. 

Yep, this season's Spurs home shirt is literally blank. I hate that sort of design chocie way more than something a bit barmy like this Southampton one.

5 hours ago, Canarywary said:

Agreed. All clubs should have a third kit like this - a perfect vehicle for those that wish to make a statement . Instead we get an orange shirt - which can’t be worn against Wolves - one of only two clubs we clash against, and even then (presumably) we have to change the shorts of our second kit? 
Hats off to Southampton - a great statement and great fun too.  

• Like 1

I wonder what kind of rainbow person would feel that shirt actually represents them? 

Did they do any market research before releasing such a hideous garment or is there some kind of pi$$ take agenda going on behind the scenes