Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Friendly Fridays: A radical proposal

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Playing the poster? Like the way you and Tilly go after FenwayFrank all the time and make snidey references to his job? All the while hiding behind your cloak of anonymity, it's cowardly and childish behaviour. 

Steady on there Duncan as no cloak of anonymity on my part as i was in M & S foodhall up by Asda months ago and went and introduced myself to FF. If he was offended by my snidey references as you put it he certainly never said so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I was of course completely joking in calling you a binner - joke abuse is still allowed right..?! 

I think its a good idea. The issue is that I don't think you will get anyone to agree who isn't already capable of a reasonable debate, its that small percentage who can't that won't adhere to it. 

Best bet is to ignore those posters and let the mud slingers get each other muddy 👍

Personally speaking I think this is aa great idea, and my posts here I think and hope have reflected that.. 

However as you can see from other posts too many people play the poster, and are happy to keep raking up the past. Some people don't (or won't) want to move forward I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Steady on there Duncan as no cloak of anonymity on my part as i was in M & S foodhall up by Asda months ago and went and introduced myself to FF. If he was offended by my snidey references as you put it he certainly never said so.

Agreed. You don't hide behind any cloak of anonymity.

Unlike the snivelling little cretin that you pal up with. 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Agreed. You don't hide behind any cloak of anonymity.

Unlike the snivelling little cretin that you pal up with. 

Actually, I pm'd someone on here before the match Tuesday to discuss introducing my self either before the match or at half time. Im happy for that poster to confirm said pm, but it's not fair for me to name them without their agreement. 

Oh and for the record it wasnt Tilly, who I've never met. 

And re your comments @Duncan EdwardsI respectfully disagree. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Actually, I pm'd someone on here before the match Tuesday to discuss introducing my self either before the match or at half time. Im happy for that poster to confirm said pm, but it's not fair for me to name them without their agreement. 

It wasn't me either. Pity. 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

It wasn't me either. Pity. 

Didn't think you cared..... I'm flattered but you're not my type. 😍 

Don't think I'm yours either.. 

I'll respectfully disagree. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I was of course completely joking in calling you a binner - joke abuse is still allowed right..?! 

I think its a good idea. The issue is that I don't think you will get anyone to agree who isn't already capable of a reasonable debate, its that small percentage who can't that won't adhere to it. 

Best bet is to ignore those posters and let the mud slingers get each other muddy 👍

Sure is Hank! (see subsequent posts on the thread) Although I probably didn't get the joke to start with. 

I'm sure you're right in what you say. I was just trying to explore a pro-active way in which we could all show a willingness to create a more hospitable environment for current posters and, perhaps even more importantly, for potential posters that are presently put off by the hostile responses that are increasingly prevalent. We ALL know that our fellow posters to a man and woman want the best for the club, and that common purpose ought to be a guiding principle in how we engage in robust disgreement about how to achieve that goal. 

At the moment the board is dominated by the same old duffers (me definitely included) who, I have little doubt, are more than confident in holding their own in swapping jibes an insults. However, the result is we all know pretty much exactly what each other is going to say on pretty much any issue, and that's partly why the subsequent "debate" can quickly descend into mud slinging. Surely it would benefit us all to constrain ourselves just a bit to create an hospitable environment for new posters to feel comfortable to participate and add a bit of variety to the forum. Ultimately, it's only football (as Bill Shankly definitely didn't say).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Yep, that was me. Always happy to meet anyone from here, I think pretty much everyone knows who I am! 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's going well methinks. 😂

The Pink Un Prison Experiment. 

Oh, so that's what PUPs stands for! 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How about we also don't respond to obvious trolling posts and push them down out of sight.

Most definitely up for that. 

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How about we also don't respond to obvious trolling posts and push them down out of sight.

You then find that when it drops down the page the Troll in question bumps it back up to the top.

I do honestly think some folks just need to embrace the block button on here. There are certain posters who I never see eye to eye with and are very good at winding me up. So rather than letting that happen as I used to I just blocked them, so I wasn't clogging up the forum with pointless spats. I think some people see not blocking people as a badge of honour, when actually it just creates a better experience for you and everyone else.

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You then find that when it drops down the page the Troll in question bumps it back up to the top.

You could always just ignore it again.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

You could always just ignore it again.

I do ignore it but the point i was making is that nobody responds and yes it drops down the page but suddenly back up the top it goes because the Troll has posted again to bump it back up.

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

image.png.513aaa1fad291816726f326e17aaefd8.pngimage.png.b11f3c5669ff42bc84c9f3430f4b8b88.png

Well there's a surprise from FF! 

Because there’s a massive irony in you posting that, or are you saying you’ve been civil every day ?

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Because there’s a massive irony in you posting that, or are you saying you’ve been civil every day ?

You obviously havent read some of my earlier comments. 

Have you? look at yourself before you judge others. 

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Firstly, your childish stuff hadn’t been going on then, if it had I would have said something. You also said Wavaney’s a funny guy in real life, something that I respectfully disagree with

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You obviously havent read some of my earlier comments. 

Have you? look at yourself before you judge others. 

Don’t think I need to, I think a fair number of posters have decided who’s the bigger problem on here.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shouldn't be too long before this thread gets a mention on Tumbleweed.com  😜

A prime example of what’s been discussed, can’t help yourself can you ?

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t think I need to, I think a fair number of posters have decided who’s the bigger problem on here.

Well I respectfully disagree. 

But that's you all over FF - Totally missing the point - but then you always turn up when others have had the 'discussion' then post a weak "oh yea I agree" just to join in. I bet you never got picked for the school teams either   

You should grow a pair, and stand up. Or you have just to react to posts that suit your agenda, when you are not lurking or posting with your real friends on the other place!