Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

New main sponsor, blah blah blah - but look at those lights!

Sadly those lights look like temporary installations but they would be awesome if they did it permanently!

10 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This is a seriously bad move. It's one thing to sell your best player for a massive profit, but another thing entirely to lose any sense of moral credibility for the sake of a few £.

Aside from the faux pas with their social media images, are they any more morally questionable than LeoVegas or Dafabet? I think the sponsorship morality ship sailed long ago...

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Aside from the faux pas with their social media images, are they any more morally questionable than LeoVegas or Dafabet? I think the sponsorship morality ship sailed long ago...

Possibly, but I have always been against gambling sponsorship. I would have hoped we were better than that.

I honestly think we knew about the social media and are using it to get the twitter moan squad on something other than Buendia.

Rather have one of those Asian models on my next NCFC shirt than the Dafabet logo, to be fair.

If we had a billionaire owner perhaps we wouldn’t be so desperate to take the cash from any old grubby outfit!

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If we had a billionaire owner perhaps we wouldn’t be so desperate to take the cash from any old grubby outfit!

Only because that billionaire owner probably would be the old grubby outfit

I suppose getting a  stinking rich Asian betting company on board is the nearest we will get to a stinking rich Chinese owner

This is just the precursor to their take over next year. Uncle Fred's dream finally realised.

I couldn't give a flying **** about our sponsor.  If they gave us the most money, and aren't demonstrably involved in something illegal, then who cares?   Am very confused. The pics I've seen have just been of some ladies in tank tops?

Tank tops no less!  The jezebels!  Oh, the shame!

Yours Sincerely,
Mary Whitehouse's ghost.

Some users on Wrath of the Barclay have unearthed some YouTube videos of BK8 in which ladies are asked to consume hot dog sausages which are attached to the table.

It gets worse.

I belive it's bad because a company is using sex to sell. If they were doing it themselves through onlyfans it would be empowering.

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Some users on Wrath of the Barclay have unearthed some YouTube videos of BK8 in which ladies are asked to consume hot dog sausages which are attached to the table.

It gets worse.

'We are a poor club who's only made 100m in profits in the last two years, please we need the money'

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It gets worse.

Yeah, I've seen that. Going to keep my own counsel on this from hereon in, but suffice to say it's something that the supporters' group have already discussed and will be raising at our next meeting.

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It gets worse.

Are they with mayonnaise? Just asking for a, er... 😉

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

... and now someone has found a BK8 article explaining to Indonesian gamblers how to launder money.

I **** you not.

It's such an odd one.

Due diligence of potential signings and squad culture creation - excellent

New sponsor? Nah, don't worry about that, what's written on the cheque?

Edited by kirku

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure Ben Kensall survives this with his job in all honesty. He's had an absolute shocker.

WTF was the guy doing? It took people about 10mins on a computer to unearth this stuff. It's absolute amateur hour from the commercial department. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

No condiments were used in the making of this debacle.

Just sauce, apparently.

Any links to this money laundering thing? It sounds grim, but it could be anything - a lousy translation or even a fake. That said, we all saw the sex sells related advertising from another poster sticking a screenshot in a day or so ago.

Ah, this must get the attention of the 'Holier than Thous' normally plying their virtue signalling trade on 'Non-Football' - I predict a viral social media  melt-down followed by protests outside Carrow Road and breaching of the steel gates next to HIE....my beef its Blue

Yours Sincerely

'Take the Money' of Esher

Anyways for your further delectation - a Wiki-Villa connection. Curiouser and Curiouser!

BK8 is an Asian online gambling company[2] founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Malta with offices in Curacao, Cambodia, and the Philippines. Licensed by the Government of Curacao and operates under the Master License of Gaming Services Provider[3], BK8 has since been operating across several regulated online marketplaces.

Over the years, BK8 expanded by introducing the BK8 affiliate program[4] and diversifying to support more than five languages[5]. In 2018, BK8 closed a three-year deal with La Liga, Spanish Professional Football League[6]. As the official Asian betting partner, BK8 will be gaining worldwide recognition by being featured on digital billboards throughout the league’s away matches involving Barcelona FC and Real Madrid[7] Early 2019, BK8 announced former Chelsea captain and English footballer – John Terry as the brand ambassador[8]. The agreement gives BK8 exclusive rights to market products and services on various advertising platforms throughout Asia using John Terry as the brand ambassador[9].

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not sure Ben Kensall survives this with his job in all honesty. He's had an absolute shocker.

Not knee-jerk at all. 

24 minutes ago, Orly said:

Not knee-jerk at all. 

I dont think it is.

By agreeing this deal Kensell has put the club in a supremely awkward position. 

They either have to

A- stick with a sponsor that seems to go entirely against the core values the club claims to hold

B- engage in an embarrassing climb down, get out of the contract (which likely would incur some financial penalties) and go searching for a new shirt sponsor.

If you're a senior executive these are the kind of decisions that make or break you. You can't get much bigger than ****ing up the new main sponsor that will be plastered all over the shirts.

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

I dont think it is.

By agreeing this deal Kensell has put the club in a supremely awkward position. 

They either have to

A- stick with a sponsor that seems to go entirely against the core values the club claims to hold

B- engage in an embarrassing climb down, get out of the contract (which likely would incur some financial penalties) and go searching for a new shirt sponsor.

If you're a senior executive these are the kind of decisions that make or break you. You can't get much bigger than ****ing up the new main sponsor that will be plastered all over the shirts.

Fair enough.  I'm getting rather tired of all the disingenuous nicey nicey marketing guff anyway.  I'd rather we go full **** if that's what we're doing.  Kevin Muscat to replace the mascot (call him Kevin Muscot, obvs).   Away dressing room floor covered in upturned nails.   Community work to be confined to the players mocking other, less fit people on runs, in hospital.  etc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Completely agree

Also, either they performed essentially no due diligence on the marketing strategy of their potential new main club sponsor, did it and waived it through without thinking through the reputational damage, or recognised the damage it would cause and signed it off anyway.

None of those are desirable.