Tetteys Jig

BK8 the new sponsor?

Depends how much money it brought in. Twitter forgets worse things than tacky ads on the other side of the world rather quickly.

I've just had to watch those disgraceful ads a further two dozen times just to feel even more shocked, annoyed and disgusted...."HARUMPH!"

• Haha 2

It’s marketing aimed at another culture on the other side of the world.. they are not actually going to make fans deep throat a hot dog at half time, although I do remember some doing it out of choice. I wish this level of disgust had been shown at last weeks events.

11 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

It’s marketing aimed at another culture on the other side of the world.. they are not actually going to make fans deep throat a hot dog at half time, although I do remember some doing it out of choice. I wish this level of disgust had been shown at last weeks events.

'It's ok for us to hire a company that sells slaves, sell drugs to kids and kills nuns- cause after all they only do on the other side of the world!'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'It's ok for us to hire a company that sells slaves cause they only do on the other side of the world'

Isn’t this actually the thing we tell ourselves when purchasing tech products built in terrible conditions in China? 

What about the likes of Nike and Adidas and their sweatshops? ill have to ask that nice Ipswich fan when I see him.

I don’t expect two wrongs to make a right, but I’m not seeing two wrongs either….

Glad to see that the club are finally taking my advice about stinking rich Chinese companies, need much much more of this kind of investment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, epic lowlights here at around 4:24. Crikey...

Wait, am I getting a free Hotdog with my season or ticket or a BJ?

Happy with either, just need clarification.

• Haha 1

Perhaps if we were not so desperate for every £ we can get due to "self-funding" then we could be a bit more discerning about our sponsors.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Perhaps if we were not so desperate for every £ we can get due to "self-funding" then we could be a bit more discerning about our sponsors.

But not about our owners, clearly. Let's not play double-standards Jim. If these guys wanted to buy the club you wouldn't blink twice.

It's not about whether that kind of marketing is OK in China.

It's about how it stacks up with the clubs chosen image. We constantly talk about being a community club, we're one of the few teams with a female owner and generally the image we project is a progressive one. So to partner with a firm that clearly sees women as sex objects to promote their dodgy gambling site doesn't really mesh and understandably makes people question how sincerely the club holds the values it claims to. 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Last I heard it will be the newest half time attraction, bunch of half naked women deepthroating hotdogs. Who needs Captain Canary?

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

depends which membership you have

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

depends which membership you have

I'll buy them all just to make sure.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's about how it stacks up with the clubs chosen image. We constantly talk about being a community club, we're one of the few teams with a female owner and generally the image we project is a progressive one. So to partner with a firm that clearly sees women as sex objects to promote their dodgy gambling site doesn't really mesh and understandably makes people question how sincerely the club holds the values it claims to. 

Oh I do get it, it’s a fine and valid point and it certainly wouldn’t be my choice. But to use some familiar arguments recently seen.. ‘we don’t know the full facts, maybe this was the only option, maybe defrabet wanted out and this was the only bid we just don’t know so have to trust them.

it’s sexist benile trash advertising, but then I find 99% of fancy french perfume adds the same, getting all worked up about it just falls into the bigger fish to fry pile for me

25 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Bloke I work with would win that contest all day long. Can comfortably do a banana as his party trick. I’ve no idea why he does or how he found out he could though! 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

If we are going down this road then doesn’t that rule about just about every company ever? Which brand doesn’t have a history of questionable advertising or practices? 

Rules out a lot of potential new owners too. Weren’t Leicester’s owners quite big with that bizarre elephant polo tournament that use to run across Asia? Considering they are often lauded as the good guys that wouldn’t leave many options open on here. 

Im not happy about this sponsor but I’m finding the overreaction somewhat hypocritical. Is there something else going on here? I hope everyone dismayed about this won’t be disappointed when we don’t unveil an Adidas or Nike kit in a few weeks.

It is a familiar business ploy to bury bad news on a day when a bigger story will break. But I can't work out whether the sponsorship story was meant to be buried under the Buendia avalanche, or vice versa...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Open photo

I mean, even the look on Ben Kensells' face at this point is "What the f*ck have I just done?"

Alternatively, off-camera there's a gun pointed at his head.

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Bloke I work with would win that contest all day long. Can comfortably do a banana as his party trick. I’ve no idea why he does or how he found out he could though! 

I have a theory, if that helps?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57388632

It's made the BBC. Ruh roh Raggy and all that. Time for the classic 'corner flag club statment' post on all our/Norwichs social media accounts?

If anything the way the beeb have worded it it looks like we’re making social media a safer place. Keep on keeping on with the clean up Norwich. 🙃