Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

6 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

I'm totally lost, seems I have logged onto the Spurs forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

This is what happens on a slow news day.

It all goes a little bit crazy but normal service will resume once we have some NCFC transfer news to talk about 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

It really isn’t as simple as that. Contracts are not the be all and end all. Agreements happen whether you like it or not. Yes one party can dig their heels in over the agreement (Levy in this case) but they’ll expect and normally get, a strong reaction. It’s understood Kane loves Spurs, presumably won’t want to do anything to sour his relationship with the fans and doesn’t want to have to take strong action, so IMO this indicates some sort of agreement has taken place. It can be argued Kane is naive or whatever, but signing a contract protected himself and also the club to get a fantastic fee for him and so help transition out of losing their best player. It’s just not as simple as - he has a contract, tough shi*.

Tottenham (and Levy) have history of all this. Berbatov, Rose, Eriksson and particularly Bale and Modric are all examples of relationships going sour, players wanting a move and taking action to (usually) get it done. No concrete evidence but Spurs fans I know believe there were agreements in place for at least Bale and Modric, agreements not honoured that forced both to effectively strike to try and force a move. Could be argued Kane shouldn’t have therefore made any agreement with Levy without it being in a contract but again it’s about his relationship with the club and the fans, it’s obvious how a release clause in a contract would be blown up by the media and the fans.

Going on what has happened in the past, I think it’s a sensible conclusion that there was some sort of agreement between Levy and Kane. What’s happening now, who knows? Maybe Levy is breaking the agreement but also maybe the deal has been done and is the reason why Spurs are spending a bit of money (money they supposedly don’t have due to COVID and stadium payments).

Lots of unknowns but to dismiss the situation as simply being all about a contract, is just naive.

If you were his agent, responsible for painting a positive narrative surrounding Kane, and you had heard rumours of a handshake deal between Bale and Modric and Levy, wouldn't you claim the same had been done to Kane? As soon as it's part of the rumour mill it's an easier PR angle to run in order to gain sympathy for a player.

By the same token, if you were his agent and you had heard that this was how Levy conducts business. Would you have accepted a handshake guarantee?

On Kane's part (and his representatives), it's either negligent, untrue or unprofessional. Given that (and you can correct my figures if these aren't true) Kane's contract is worth about £62,000,000 over 6 years (at 200 k p/w), no other business would not write down the terms of such an agreement.

The increased value is irrelevant because footballers value can decrease as well as increase. Tottenham took a risk in that if Kane crashes his car the next week and loses some of his footballing ability, that asset is worth less. Footballers contracts are investments, and like all investments, they aren't always good ones.

Contracts wouldn't be the be all and end all if clubs weren't held to them, but they are, hence us having to pay Naismith to not play for us for two years. We couldn't have held him to a private unsubstantiated bargain anymore than Tottenham can be held to the same by Kane.

Just now, Justin time said:

Could somebody direct me to Wensum point carpets? I hear they are doing canary rugs.

Arry bought the last one apparently 🤦 Limited edition special 😬

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sadly Bill, I have a very . very good knowledge of how law is "practiced" - it's hard to sit on the board of a large-ish financial services company  and watch dozens of Liability claims getting settled every day without a working knowledge. Whilst the majority are of course based around common law and tort, the law of Contract plays a part too. 

I say again. Where two parties, both of whom would have the resource to secure legal advice prior to the signing of a a significant contract of employment , for one to rely on a gentleman's agreement, is , as I say, nonsense.  

How much financial clout do you and your fellow Boardees have and would you like to take over a local football team sometime..........?

The latest from Sportime in Greece this afternoon about Tzolis was a rumour from France that Nis had been interested in the guy but that Sportime think indeed it was "had" and not "have", they do say even after City's 2nd bid was turned down the situation is to be taken seriously.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Good god, that is horrible. They’d have to knock off a lot more than £400 to sell that.

I think they pay you £400 to take it away

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whiffler Road buh! Then nip up the ring rud and get one of these bad boys from Hellesdon Leather: https://www.hellesdonleather.co.uk/norwich-city-colours-leather-chesterfield-sofa/

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whiffler Road buh! Then nip up the ring rud and get one of these bad boys from Hellesdon Leather: https://www.hellesdonleather.co.uk/norwich-city-colours-leather-chesterfield-sofa/

Great. How far up the ring did?

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That seems to be a common occurrence with you, make yourself look stupid and then run and hide.

Remember my post last week about if you sometimes just admitted that you were wrong 🤔

Nail on head biscuito!! After he disappears  for a while, he then reappears with a ' look at how rubbish 1p5wich are'  or ' here's  something I find funny ' thread. Making out nothing happened  and all is rosy in Bilious' world....and what a jolly Hail Fellow well met kinda guy he is ( not).

People saying that Fabrizio Romano said on his Twitch livestream that Tzolis to Norwich is close. Haven’t seen it written anywhere else yet but could be confirmed soon if FR is talking about it. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Would they send it to  Ireland too? 

I'd take it off their hands 👍😉😇

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Even that wouldn't work unless they also supplied a capacious tarpaulin to hide it from view...

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

People saying that Fabrizio Romano said on his Twitch livestream that Tzolis to Norwich is close. Haven’t seen it written anywhere else yet but could be confirmed soon if FR is talking about it. 

Interestingly the club nor the local journos have denied it like they have others.

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Samuel Seaman said it on Twitter as well... but said it wont be ready for a few weeks so not for Liverpool.

I do wonder how it will work when it comes to deadline day if we decide to buy from abroad... do we just do the deal then worry about all the covid rules after?

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

No need if you've got a man cave 😬

Wouldn't let it down my drive, however I would be willing to donate a tenner if anyone wants to crowdfund to get it sent to the ITFC boardroom

• Haha 1

Wouldn't let it down my drive, however I would be willing to donate a tenner if anyone wants to crowdfund to get it sent to the ITFC boardroom

Or to Ed Sheerans house, sure he'd love it 😆

As structural support?

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Or to Ed Sheerans house, sure he'd love it 😆

F*ucking hell, imagine that ginger bonce lying down on that backdrop.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Samuel Seaman said it on Twitter as well... but said it wont be ready for a few weeks so not for Liverpool.

I do wonder how it will work when it comes to deadline day if we decide to buy from abroad... do we just do the deal then worry about all the covid rules after?

That is what has happened so far - Lees-Melou and Rashica both signed deals without coming to England.

There is an international break at the beginning of September so any players not involved in that will be able to come over and isolate during the break. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

As structural support?

To  give them something to sit on that's not a milk crate

47 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

This is what happens on a slow news day.

It all goes a little bit crazy but normal service will resume once we have some NCFC transfer news to talk about 👍

As one of the culprits, I can confirm that I'm just very very bored. Im so desperate I might watch all of Norwich - Fulham from 2013.

To  give them something to sit on that's not a milk crate

Tbh that's a good move, the need something at centre back.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

As one of the culprits, I can confirm that I'm just very very bored. Im so desperate I might watch all of Norwich - Fulham from 2013.

I have the complete collection of Hughton games if you're interested