Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

30 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

With just a week and a half left, it could be a struggle getting Hanley and particularly Gibson match fit. With talk of bringing in Cahill, signing on and loan fees to plug a temporary gap, makes you think we might have been better off paying the extra 3mil for Ajer. 

No.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

No.

This.

Also interesting to see that the difference is now £3m. Last week it was £3.5m and it was still wrong.

Norwich offered £10m take it or leave it in May, nothing else. Brentford's deal is £13.5m plus add on's that are rumoured to push it towards £20m. £16-18m at least is what I have heard/seen. It simply isn't "just £3m".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

The headline seems to say it all in one of those Pinkun U turns:

Canaries not pursuing Spurs defender

Reports are “wide of the mark” apparently.  Who’d have thought that term would raise its head again?!

It seems the apparent renewed interest in Billing might be, too…who knows.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, chicken said:

This.

Also interesting to see that the difference is now £3m. Last week it was £3.5m and it was still wrong.

Norwich offered £10m take it or leave it in May, nothing else. Brentford's deal is £13.5m plus add on's that are rumoured to push it towards £20m. £16-18m at least is what I have heard/seen. It simply isn't "just £3m".

Nobody said "just 3m"- 3.5m then to get him here. We didn't offer add ons? Surely it would be worth a few million if he helped us stay in the Prem. 

If we start with a unfit/inexperienced defence we'll be doing exactly the same as we did post lockdown. A disastrous start is going to cause us real problems and it will be no consolation that we stuck to our guns. 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I genuinely believe that it must be a running joke between Paddy, Connor and David.

I reckon so too... a few of my mates have already cottoned on to it and are waiting for any new Pinkun transfer article to drop to be the first to send it round to the group 🙂

Quite probably - they probably have a macro set up, all they need to do is change the name of the player and a ready-made “links to x are believed to be wide of the mark” story pops up.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

No idea if it's true.

I think it was Paddy who said earlier we were still in discussions so you’d like to think we’re close with this, there’s certainly a lot of smoke. Fingers crossed, Badger - he really does look a fabulous talent at just 19 years old! 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

No idea if it's true.

Excellent news if true. I personally know nothing of this player but appears to have a good pedigree and has interested some big clubs. Still young and may take his time initially to cement a starting place but can't see any negatives with this type of transfer. We're not going to be able to buy established Premier league quality wingers or even players such as Danjuma, David brooks or pereira so this is the perfect signing for me. 

Webber knows he's running out of time now and he isn't going to want to wait until the final day or even week of the window so I'm expecting a lot of movement on transfers this week and next. 3 more permanent and 1 loan still to come after this I suspect. 

Never heard of knockoutkickoff, but good news if true.

…meanwhile, the BBC gossip page is reporting the football insider thing about us being in discussion about Billing, which was rather ****-pooed by David Freezer earlier.

This news is apparently coming from a outlet called ‘Sportime’ I believe. If the rumours are true then we’ve had to offer PAOK a 20% sell on clause to seal the deal. Could be a big week folks 🙏

One can only go by the reports coming out from Greece, but it seemed we were getting so close to an offer PAOk would accept that we then would be willing to improve just a bit more.

Just now, cornish sam said:

Thanks, having a quick shufty around there does not fill me with confidence, it looks fancy but most of the stories posted there in the last 2 weeks seem to have between 4 and 0 views...

I have just posted the original source of their story, and it appears reputable to me, PAOK’s version of the Pink’un 👍

Here ⬇️

https://www.sportime.gr/paok/tzolis-protasi-11-ekat-evro-apo-ti-norits-ipe-ochi-o-paok/

Just now, cornish sam said:

That's the story reported previously about our 8 million biceps being refused...according to Google translate

Ahh ok, well I have no idea how to do that but maybe you might find the latest on their website, Sam 👍. The most important thing is if it has come from that source, then it certainly looks credible!

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Ahh ok, well I have no idea how to do that but maybe you might find the latest on their website, Sam 👍. The most important thing is if it has come from that source, then it certainly looks credible!

I've just looked and that is the latest on there about tzolis. They have run many stories about our pursuit and it does read as though they have connections and we're very close (as in they almost accepted it) so perhaps the guy who tweeted does actually know someone there and they just haven't published the story yet due to embargo or similar...

I for one can get too excited with possible transfers, but I’m gonna stay cautious on this development 

the article which says it’s accepted doesn’t quote anyone - the link to sportime is in reference to his willingness to come here instead of the bid being accepted

its nearly 1am in Greece so probably won’t hear anything more from the Greek sites until the morning - fingers crossed otbc

3 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I've just looked and that is the latest on there about tzolis. They have run many stories about our pursuit and it does read as though they have connections and we're very close (as in they almost accepted it) so perhaps the guy who tweeted does actually know someone there and they just haven't published the story yet due to embargo or similar...

I guess we’ll file overnight as ‘promising’, and see what transpires tomorrow!

But just wait for a ‘rumours that an offer has been accepted are believed to be wide of the mark….’ story….

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Could it be that Sportime have posted it as breaking on their Twitter, with a sort of ‘more to follow’ kind of thing? 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Could it be that Sportime have posted it as breaking on their Twitter, with a sort of ‘more to follow’ kind of thing? 

The journo with the byeline is their PAOK correspondent and hasn't tweeted anything, haven't checked if sporttime have on a main account...