Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Would be happy with this signing. He's a real goal threat at set pieces and looked one of WBA's better players last season. A shame we didn't pick him up when we were originally interested as I think they only paid £1.5m.

Transfermarkt has him at circa £6m now - cover for two positions is always handy when the finances are tight.

Pretty sure Ajayi scored for Rotherham against us , 3 years ago?

Looked really good then if I remember the right guy and if he’s had a good year in the Prem then definitely would be a good addition.

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

Pretty sure Ajayi scored for Rotherham against us , 3 years ago?

Looked really good then if I remember the right guy and if he’s had a good year in the Prem then definitely would be a good addition.

Yes - I thought the same but couldn't find it so said nothing

Last time many were this excited about a Semi, they were watching Brokeback Mountain.

He did score against us as well. Curling finish from the edge of the box to make it 1-1. Think that was the game Ben Godfrey hit a winner.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

He did score against us as well. Curling finish from the edge of the box to make it 1-1. Think that was the game Ben Godfrey hit a winner.

Yep I was there and I remember Ben scoring from a corner, and I remember now thinking the guy who scored their goal looked really useful.

Starting to wonder if we actually need a young CB prospect in on loan when we’ve already got one here in Andy O. That kid looks quality every time I see him, if we’d got him in on loan from Spurs at the end of last season then everyone would be saying what a great signing ala Skipp. 

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Starting to wonder if we actually need a young CB prospect in on loan when we’ve already got one here in Andy O. That kid looks quality every time I see him, if we’d got him in on loan from Spurs at the end of last season then everyone would be saying what a great signing ala Skipp. 

Definitely agree with you we don’t. Why bring in someone who will just block Andy’s development.

I actually wonder if Skipp is definitely a no go whether we will use the other loan to bring in someone experienced and out of favour, rather than a prospect. Would be a good way to cheaply bring in some PL experience.

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Definitely agree with you we don’t. Why bring in someone who will just block Andy’s development.

I actually wonder if Skipp is definitely a no go whether we will use the other loan to bring in someone experienced and out of favour, rather than a prospect. Would be a good way to cheaply bring in some PL experience.

Don’t get me wrong, another decent centre back I feel is needed in case of injuries etc. But it would have to be a senior pro with a bit of experience. I don’t see the need to sign another young CB though just to appease supporters because he’s from the Arsenal academy or something. In Andy O, we already have a top top talent right there, he’s got the lot by the looks of things.

As for Skipp, he’s a prime example of why we are prepared to wait in the transfer window, and why it’s not possible to sign everyone early on. We want who is best, and are prepared to bide our time - I applaud Webber and Farke etc for that rather than have the ungrateful cheek to criticise them for it.

55 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agree - that's why Ajayi might be a good signing - can cover at CB + also be a big CDM that many think we need.

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

Agree - that's why Ajayi might be a good signing - can cover at CB + also be a big CDM that many think we need.

I can barely remember him to be honest, but I’m sure if we sign him he’ll be seen as a budget Billing, even by those that have admitted they don’t even want Billing! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Re Billing. He’s an ok player but he’s never really stood out to me as a quality CDM. We have since signed Lees-Melou for a fraction of the price, and if we are after another in the Billing mould, I would be very confident we could find better quality for less money - win, win, unless the obsession is how much we spend on a player that matters. To me, the trick is to find the best possible player for the least possible financial outgoing ala Emi Buendia.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

More interested in the Delph rumour. He is exactly what we need. 

A washed up 40 year old with no legs whos unhappy about being shiffted away and having sit on the bench for players half his age is what we need?

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

A washed up 40 year old with no legs whos unhappy about being shiffted away and having sit on the bench for players half his age is what we need?

If we haven’t learnt about signing sick note players looking for a final payday by now…this has a combo of Naismith/Jarvis written all over it. The man is injured more than not these days 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If we haven’t learnt about signing sick note players looking for a final payday by now…this has a combo of Naismith/Jarvis written all over it. The man is injured more than not these days 

Nevermind as I said him being forced into leaving a club he has made it clear he loves AND being paid half as much to do so.

Don't get me wrong I do think there's a decent player in him.. It's just that decent player left the building about 5 years ago

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Are you actually being serious? I thought you were a Norwich supporter who just didn’t like supporting, but now I have to question whether you’re just here on the wind up! A washed up player that will spend most of the season in the treatment room, this has to be a joke!

46 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I suppose that now Thompson has been thrown out of the treatment room, we have a vacancy.

It's taken a while but the club has finally learned that if you sign a player with a history of injury, they will get injured.

35 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Are you actually being serious? I thought you were a Norwich supporter who just didn’t like supporting, but now I have to question whether you’re just here on the wind up! A washed up player that will spend most of the season in the treatment room, this has to be a joke!

I think you will find i've "supported" this club as much as most on here (and a lot more than some) over the years my friend. Suggest you cease with the "you should go and support someone else" line that you seem to be coming out with in recent days.

I think an established, experienced defensive midfielder who not too long ago was playing for England would be a good signing on the right sort of deal. If you disagree as you ar worried about his fitness then fine, thats you prerogative.

56 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You moan continually about the  standard of signings, then chuck in Delph??? Have a word with yourself 😉😂

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think you will find i've "supported" this club as much as most on here (and a lot more than some) over the years my friend. Suggest you cease with the "you should go and support someone else" line that you seem to be coming out with in recent days.

I think an established, experienced defensive midfielder who not too long ago was playing for England would be a good signing on the right sort of deal. If you disagree as you ar worried about his fitness then fine, thats you prerogative.

'Played for England recently'

If by recently you mean 8 years ago

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think going and supporting another club would most certainly be the best move for one or two, so absolutely no need to cease any thoughts on that front cheers. I can assure you I won’t be the last (nor the first) to trot that line out on here.

If Fabian Delph turns out to be a cracking signing for another club then I’m sure we’ll all be utterly astonished and say fair play, but I won’t be holding my breath in the slightest. He represents far too big a gamble given his injury problems combined with age, and you don’t sign someone shot on the basis that he was a former England international. Thankfully, we’re more ambitious than signing such washed up signings now, been there and done that with Matt Jarvis.

24 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You moan continually about the  standard of signings, then chuck in Delph??? Have a word with yourself 😉😂

where have I moaned about the standard of our signings?

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Played for England recently'

If by recently you mean 8 years ago

If 2019 is 8 years ago then fine. 

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I can see how he could almost fill the 'Tettey' role for us in more ways than one if it wasn't for the fact:

- He's 31

- He's on 80k a week

- He's been fit to play 30 games in 2 years.

I just don't see him being keen on any sort of deal that would make sense for us.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I can see how he could almost fill the 'Tettey' role for us in more ways than one if it wasn't for the fact:

- He's 31

- He's on 80k a week

- He's been fit to play 30 games in 2 years.

I just don't see him being keen on any sort of deal that would make sense for us.

That may well be the case.

but if he was prepared to come on the “right sort of deal” I think he could be useful. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

That may well be the case.

but if he was prepared to come on the “right sort of deal” I think he could be useful. 

Yeah, same as Zlatan...........