Midlands Yellow

Bournemouth predictions

24 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Shirley not šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

He's the fella walking the wrong way round the pillarĀ  in the loony section of Midnight Express. šŸ˜‡

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Football does not run in logic.

Clearly. Ā But calling tomorrowā€™s game anything like a ā€˜needā€™ to win defies even that.Ā 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Clearly. Ā But calling tomorrowā€™s game anything like a ā€˜needā€™ to win defies even that.Ā 

Clearly you don't understand the psychology of going into a match without anything but a need to win it mentality. Bnmth will be so up for it because they need it so bad and if we don't match that intensity we will quite probably struggle, so logically, to do well tomorrow, we have to be as fired up as Bnmth if not more so, because they are easily capable of beating us if not.Ā  Every game is a cup final for clubs trying to get promoted and we HAVE to treat games the same way, otherwise those two points we need will get harder and harder to come by.Ā  That means we have to play as if we need those points - which of course we actually do!

I've watched so many matches this season where we've just managed to come out on top, usually because of inept finishing by opposition teams. Bnmth/Watford/Barnsley - even Reading are all quite capable of beating us, QPR are a bit unpredictable.Ā  I know the chances of us not getting two points are slim, we should do it, but anyone who thinks our matches are not must wins is not really thinking on the level. Until we get those two points, they are must wins.

This could all be academic if Brentford/Swansea drop points, but until they do, or we get those two points, the mentality has to be at the very highest of standards.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Clearly you don't understand the psychology of going into a match without anything but a need to win it mentality. Bnmth will be so up for it because they need it so bad and if we don't match that intensity we will quite probably struggle, so logically, to do well tomorrow, we have to be as fired up as Bnmth if not more so, because they are easily capable of beating us if not.Ā  Every game is a cup final for clubs trying to get promoted and we HAVE to treat games the same way, otherwise those two points we need will get harder and harder to come by.Ā  That means we have to play as if we need those points - which of course we actually do!

I've watched so many matches this season where we've just managed to come out on top, usually because of inept finishing by opposition teams. Bnmth/Watford/Barnsley - even Reading are all quite capable of beating us, QPR are a bit unpredictable.Ā  I know the chances of us not getting two points are slim, we should do it, but anyone who thinks our matches are not must wins is not really thinking on the level. Until we get those two points, they are must wins.

This could all be academic if Brentford/Swansea drop points, but until they do, or we get those two points, the mentality has to be at the very highest of standards.

Our matches are " must not lose".Ā 

Holy crap, some people can waffle for England!

I want to winĀ tomorrow, the fans want us to win, the players want to win. Ā DoĀ we ā€˜needā€™ to win? No.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We have never won so many games in a season by just one goal but looked so comfortable just the same.Ā 

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Our matches are " must not lose".Ā 

Just the first two.Ā Do that and we can lose the next three 10-0.

Lakey of course would come out with some theory that the team mustĀ go into the close season on a high (Ā convenientlyĀ forgetting that last season a Premier League team humiliatingly lostĀ all their last 9 fixtures, were relegated butĀ nowĀ sit 15 points clear of 3rdĀ with 5 games to playĀ šŸ˜ŽĀ )

Ā 

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Swansea and Brentford both look nailed down to win their games tomorrow so i can see the Champers being put on ice for 1 more week. 4 draws and 1 defeat to equal exact stats of 2 years ago..long shot but could happenĀ  considering who we play. But eventually Swansea, Brentford, Watford and Bournemouth all have games coming up , just like us, where they have to play other teams in the top 6, soĀ  promotion is still just a matter of time.

Pure guess like the restĀ  on here, but a drawĀ  for me or a narrow defeat..for once i sense we could lose, but would not be disasterous.

I always fear banana skins but Farke doesn't do these anymore.

I suspect a dull 1:1

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 - 1 for me too

Another classy Dowell effort from the edge of the box after 57mins followed 12mins later by a Solanke equaliser. A cagey finish with Pukki & Cantwell and also BillingĀ going close but overall a fair result. Buendia to receive some more 'special treatment.' A couple of hairy moments for Omobamidele but another solid display on the whole. The job gets completed early next week.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Holy crap, some people can waffle for England!

I want to winĀ tomorrow, the fans want us to win, the players want to win. Ā DoĀ we ā€˜needā€™ to win? No.

As we don't need to win this game, perhaps we can rest Buendia & Cantwell in ready for Watford who are challenging us for the title, Can't afford to have those two injured unnecessarily.

9 hours ago, Six Pack said:

As we don't need to win this game, perhaps we can rest Buendia & Cantwell in ready for Watford who are challenging us for the title, Can't afford to have those two injured unnecessarily.

We need to get over the line as soon as possible. I literally can't believe some of you are so sure of yourselves. Lose today, lose against Watford and suddenly we will be hardly clear of second place and if brentford and swansea getting six points, possibly looking as if they could catch us, or at least threatening to.Ā Ā Ā  We'll do it, but we need to do it today if possible - so best team out there, 100% at it.Ā  Win today and we are there. Lose and we see a bit of pressure starting for the next games.

Bournemouth were looking like they were going to finish outside the playoffs, but nowĀ theyā€™re back in business. Our current league statistics areĀ down to our form though. 1-1

A tough game tbf. A draw probably. 0-0 or 1-1.

We just have to wait a little while longer for promotion confirmation (given I doubt Swansea and Brentford will lose today).

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

A tough game tbf. A draw probably. 0-0 or 1-1.

We just have to wait a little while longer for promotion confirmation (given I doubt Swansea and Brentford will lose today).

Superb username! Unheimlich gut

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I literally can't believe some of you are so sure of yourselves

Farke is very sure too, can you believe that?

Ā 

I think Bournemouth will come at us, and if they score first we could have a tough game. But this team is made of some tough stuff and beating us isn't easy anymore. A 2-1 come from behind win, and another class performance from Cantwell the unpredictable.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I literally can't believe some of you are so sure of yourselves

Farke is very sure too, can you believe that?

Yes, but he also knows that dropping the intensity at this stage would mean we start dropping points too. I get the feeling that some people just think we have to turn up and it's a done deal - but every game is a battle and these next few games are no different.Ā Ā 

On the small chance that Brentford or Swansea manage to win their remaining games, we have to be at our very best to make sure we get over the line, sooner rather than later.Ā  Today would be great.

Ā 

ā€œIā€™m looking forward to that feeling againā€

ā€that makes this promotion even more valuableā€

Ā 

Farke knows itā€™s a done deal. Why shouldnā€™t we fans express it too and enjoy ourselves.