Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

Today's games

Just now, Crafty Canary said:

On points per game we are second by 0.002ppg from Swansea. End the season now!

If Brentford beat Reading midweek we will be 2nd by kickoff next Saturday.

Just now, ron obvious said:

How 'boro haven't scored I'll never know.

They have 😁 Brentford have 4 though.... 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Brentford beat Reading midweek we will be 2nd by kickoff next Saturday.

As it stands they only need a draw

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We'll have a a game in hand on Brentford after Weds....wonder why theyre playing when nobody else is in midweek??

That'll be Brentford's game in hand. We'll be level on games after that

Brentford at home to Barnsley next Sunday and you would have to think that Barnsley high line will be ripped to shreads.

Stoke becoming a must win.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford at home to Barnsley next Sunday and you would have to think that Barnsley high line will be ripped to shreads.

Stoke becoming a must win.

I mean isnt every game a must win if you wish to finish first?

Still lots of twists and turns, if we had beaten Millwall and gotten a draw last night I doubt we would be so impressed. They will drop points and we still get to play against them. If it was 5 games to go Id be worried, but its just impossible to know what is going to happen. Im sure during our winning streaks the fans of the other sides were looking at us and thinking we were just never going to lose. 

Up to us now. Got to show the same meanness in defence and starting scoring like we did in the run of games that put us 5 points clear at the top! 

• Like 1

Ft at Boro. To be fair, Brentford deserve to be promoted, not just because of this season. We need to sort ourselves out sharpish if we want to go up with them. 

Just now, birchfest said:

Still lots of twists and turns, if we had beaten Millwall and gotten a draw last night I doubt we would be so impressed. They will drop points and we still get to play against them. If it was 5 games to go Id be worried, but its just impossible to know what is going to happen. Im sure during our winning streaks the fans of the other sides were looking at us and thinking we were just never going to lose. 

Up to us now. Got to show the same meanness in defence and starting scoring like we did in the run of games that put us 5 points clear at the top! 

14 goals in 3 games and 20 games unbeaten is impressive, regardless of what we've done. 

Don't know about you.. but the thought of playing Brentford gives me nightmares! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

As it stands they only need a draw

panic February

Edited by ricardo

You don’t win the Championship by being solid without scoring. You have to score goals to win games and put teams to bed, then you can sit back and be solid. We’ve forgotten how to put teams to the sword and then relax, instead we’re huffing and puffing for 90 mins every game because we’re not scoring goals and getting ahead. No wonder players look knackered.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

20 games unbeaten Brentford. 

Still think we can get our act together and challenge Swansea for 2nd. 

Agreed. Brentford aren't great in defence but are so clinical and look as though they might just run away with it. But a week is a long time in football, just look at us, could have gone 9 pts clear of 3rd but bang two draws and a defeat later it all looks rather tight now.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

14 goals in 3 games and 20 games unbeaten is impressive, regardless of what we've done. 

Don't know about you.. but the thought of playing Brentford gives me nightmares! 

Doesn't me, they are good, they are capable of beating us. We are more than capable of beating them. Lets remember the stat is a little skewed by a complete drubbing of the bottom side by 7 (and still let in two). If we get Pukki firing and buendia/cantwell at their best and I fancy us against anyone in the league.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not if you're four points clear with one to play....

Still miles to go.

I think it’s clear our very poor performances of the last 2 weeks have cost us hugely. I’m not at all convinced we can hold off these teams. We are just not scoring goals in the same way Brentford are. They remind me of us last time we went up. To be honest it’s hard to claim we deserve to be top on the basis of our performances for much of the season. We haven’t really played very well in more than a few games and we’ve been cr*p against all our promotion rivals. 

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ft at Boro. To be fair, Brentford deserve to be promoted, not just because of this season. We need to sort ourselves out sharpish if we want to go up with them. 

Why do brentford deserve to be promoted?..  completely bottled it last season and currently have 54 points with 19 games to go?

You deserve it if/when you actually do it

On current form it’s hard to see anyone stopping Brentford but that was also the case for us just three games ago.

As long as we are in the mix with 10 games to go I still fancy us to get iver the line. Brentford might find the pressure gets to them at that stage.

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

On current form it’s hard to see anyone stopping Brentford but that was also the case for us just three games ago.

As long as we are in the mix with 10 games to go I still fancy us to get iver the line. Brentford might find the pressure gets to them at that stage.

As has been the case before.