Sign in to follow this  
Bill

same old, same old

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I wonder if the usual suspect will post a foul mouthed rant at you for robbing the club and stealing from the orphans (and the Legion) as well as being an all round bounder

and as KG said there were plenty of links....hence my posting up a suggestion that City supporters message me..... and quite a fair number did, regulars on here as well 😜

I hope they ran smoothly and the blind orphans still had a spot of supper. 

Just now, Bill said:

Why not wait for an answer before a gruntin' and a squealin'

and why is it that whenever the usual suspects are having their regular 'burn the witch' bout of hysteria you feel the need to add your nonsense as well

could it be that the hairy canary is much as the hairy cornflake - a self appointed nickname as used by another old has been

however for the record it was not aimed at you, it was aimed at Hand Crank/Barbieboy/RTBagster etc

so wind your neck in and go back to sleep you senile old duffer

So HC doesn’t refer to Hairy Canary who posted on this thread but instead refers to a poster called Hand Crank who only exists in your mind. Amazingly you still have the lack of self awareness to call someone else senile.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

and why is it that whenever the usual suspects are having their regular 'burn the witch' bout of hysteria you feel the need to add your nonsense as well

That does happen on this forum.

I've participated in it, and been subjected to it.

Sometimes deserved. Sometimes undeserved. 

But look at your thread here, read your OP, and tell me that this justified a thread? You knew what reaction you'd get, you invited it.

Your few words belonged in the match thread, where they'd have attracted less attention and not looked out of place, wouldn't have been seen as provocative.... you know that though, because the attention is what you craved this evening, and you wanted to be provocative. 

Takes one to know one Bill, I've done it a few times. 

Start a thread worth opening, one intended for serious discussion, and I'll back you up when people start throwing shade.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 hours ago, Bill said:

same old slow build up

frightened to shoot

endless fannying about around the box

Meanwhile - back in the real world.......

Shots this season.PNG

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Shots this season.PNG

Sometimes I think Bill goes out of his way to be wrong.

Well this is going well and all without me posting to invoke his tiresome Plod routine. If all those posters who have blocked City1st had contributed i reckon we would be on five pages by now.

12 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

So HC doesn’t refer to Hairy Canary who posted on this thread but instead refers to a poster called Hand Crank who only exists in your mind. Amazingly you still have the lack of self awareness to call someone else senile.

You say in a way that sounds as if you think that wasn't obvious!🤓

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Shots this season.PNG

So why do we struggle to score, other than from penalties or flukily deflected long range speculative efforts?  It’s because most of our shots are half-chances at best and despite all of our possession we struggle, match after match, to break down well-organised defences who have been given far too much time to pack the penalty area.

15 hours ago, Bill said:

same old slow build up

frightened to shoot

endless fannying about around the box

We did have 20 plus shots yesterday so I wouldn't say that we were frightened about shooting. However I agree we do over play at times and  despite having so many shots I don't remember many if any of them being clear cut opportunities, it was the same against Watford as well, for all of our possession we are not creating enough good chances at the moment. 

Edited by Alex

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

We did have 20 plus shots yesterday so I wouldn't say that we were frightened about shooting. However I agree we do over play at times and  despite having so many shots I don't remember many if any of them being clear cut opportunities, it was the same against Watford as well, for all of our possession we are not creating enough good chances at the moment.

Only 9 of which were on target, and none of which required a real save.

When did we last score three in a league game...................18 months ago

Too many games we are not scoring until tge 'last minute' and too many games we have lost or drawn by the one goal from the opposition

The fear of shooting is all too real, as all too often we are more concerned with retaining possession than shooting early. Most of the second half was defined by us laying siege to their penalty box, with little real threat. This has been the reoccurring theme. Unless we can lob the ball over or through the defence for Pukki to run onto there is little else on offer - other than get Aarons down to the byline for an easily lockable low cross.

Basically we have been found out. Clubs do their homework and find it not too difficult to contain us -kid yourself that it is different.

The evidence on the pitch shows it isn't

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Too many games we are not scoring until tge 'last minute' and too many games we have lost or drawn by the one goal from the opposition

The fear of shooting is all too real, as all too often we are more concerned with retaining possession than shooting early. Most of the second half was defined by us laying siege to their penalty box, with little real threat. This has been the reoccurring theme. Unless we can lob the ball over or through the defence for Pukki to run onto there is little else on offer - other than get Aarons down to the byline for an easily lockable low cross.

Basically we have been found out. Clubs do their homework and find it not too difficult to contain us -kid yourself that it is different.

True although 24 shots would suggest that they aren't afraid to shoot. I think that the problem is we are struggling to create good opportunities to score which is probably a mixture of teams working us out and blocking of space around the box and our build up being slow and predictable. However, some of our fans fans with their rose tinted glasses on argue that playing triangles in front of a packed defence and not creating anything is being dominant, I disagree. 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

So why do we struggle to score, other than from penalties or flukily deflected long range speculative efforts?  It’s because most of our shots are half-chances at best and despite all of our possession we struggle, match after match, to break down well-organised defences who have been given far too much time to pack the penalty area.

We cut the QPR defence to ribbons last night with an incisive passing move which led to Cantwell tapping the ball into an empty net. The goal was wrongly disallowed by an incompetent linesman who was incapable of keeping up with play. You know that. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Seriously Bill - I do think that sometimes you are given unfair criticism on here - but you've got to start helping yourself.

We last scored three in a league game away to Bristol City - that was 2 months ago - not 18!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

True although 24 shots would suggest that they aren't afraid to shoot. I think that the problem is we are struggling to create good opportunities to score which is probably a mixture of teams working us out and blocking of space around the box and our build up being slow and predictable. However, some of our fans fans argue that playing triangles in front of a packed defence and not creating anything is being dominant, I disagree. 

Very true.  Didn’t we spend a lot of last season (pre lockdown) being allowed to have loads of possession in matches, but being beaten most weeks because opposition defences could easily stifle us in the final third, yet pick us off at will when they came forward.  Statistical superiority in terms of amount of possession doesn’t always equate to dominating a game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Basically we have been found out.

I've seen some terrible takes in the past 24 hours on this forum and this must be right up there. 

Please explain what Watford and QPR did differently to other teams which suggests we've been found out? 

We've seen ALL season teams trying to defend with two banks of 4 or worse even and more often than not we still manage to breach their lines. Sheff Wednesday, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest being the prime examples.

We didn't get the result yesterday but we certainly did enough in that second half to be out of sight and arguably would've been if it wasn't for some atrocious officiating. 

Also bit confused why you made such an antagonistic OP and then responded like the world is against you? Why do you over think every activity on the board like its some kind of a detective show? Its a bit creepy.

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We cut the QPR defence to ribbons last night with an incisive passing move which led to Cantwell tapping the ball into an empty net. The goal was wrongly disallowed by an incompetent linesman who was incapable of keeping up with play. You know that. 

When the initial ball through to Pukki was played, Cantwell was coming back from an offside position. As it was part of the same phase of play, the goal was correctly disallowed.

7 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

When the initial ball through to Pukki was played, Cantwell was coming back from an offside position. As it was part of the same phase of play, the goal was correctly disallowed.

Oh good grief - another clown who doesn't know the rules of football. This was all dealt with last night and most of the posters who thought what you said was true eventually had the good grace to come back an apologise for getting it wrong. Meanwhile you flaunt your appalling ignorance all over the message board. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

True, but doing it once against the second worst defence in the league (only Wycombe are slightly worse) isn't good enough.

Edited by Alex

14 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

oh dear PC

"Your complete lack ofself awareness is unbelievable. It is you who are the problem or don't you understand why people have either blocked or ignore you ? " Til

Lack ofself awareness in all its glory. Til

ps if they have supposedly blocked me how come so many managed to log on so shortly after my post, so as to reply - and surely isn't the point of blocking, so you do not see their posts

not the brightest, are we Hairy ?

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

True, I am bit sure about the offside but doing it once against the second worst defence in the league (only Wycombe are slightly worse) isn't good enough.

If the goal had been correctly allowed we would have won 2-1 and it would have been good enough - the fact that the linesman was grossly incompetent is not our fault. 

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If the goal had been correctly allowed we would have won 2-1 and it would have been good enough - the fact that the linesman was grossly incompetent is not our fault. 

Yeah but football has swings and round abouts, if they didn't miss an open goal from two yards at the end of the game the would have won. The issue is we were playing a side that have been conceding for fun this season and we struggled to create enough clear cut chances to win the game, if we had then we wouldn't even be talking about Cantwells disallowed goal.

Edited by Alex

5 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Seriously Bill - I do think that sometimes you are given unfair criticism on here - but you've got to start helping yourself.

We last scored three in a league game away to Bristol City - that was 2 months ago - not 18!!!!!

Stoke a little over a month ago.

I'm looking forward to the return of Onel, someone to switch the pace up somewhat and get at these fullbacks will add a fair bit to us I feel, maybe combining with Aarons. At the moment I'm seeing our better opportunities come from when teams like QPR fail in a counter attack leaving us able to get at them whilst they were running out. 

Our current way of playing works. But it looks it's worst when opponents are able to keep us. For me if our goal last night had come in the first half and forced QPR out earlier we could have got 2 or 3.

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh good grief - another clown who doesn't know the rules of football. This was all dealt with last night and most of the posters who thought what you said was true eventually had the good grace to come back an apologise for getting it wrong. Meanwhile you flaunt your appalling ignorance all over the message board. 

Happy New Year to you too.

10 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

Stoke a little over a month ago.

I'm looking forward to the return of Onel, someone to switch the pace up somewhat and get at these fullbacks will add a fair bit to us I feel, maybe combining with Aarons. At the moment I'm seeing our better opportunities come from when teams like QPR fail in a counter attack leaving us able to get at them whilst they were running out. 

Our current way of playing works. But it looks it's worst when opponents are able to keep us. For me if our goal last night had come in the first half and forced QPR out earlier we could have got 2 or 3.

I hold my hands up - I got it wrong too. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah but football has swings and round abouts, if they didn't miss an open goal from two yards at the end of the game the would have won. The issue is we were playing a side that have been conceding for fun this season and struggled to create enough clear cut chances to win the game of we had we wouldn't even be talking about Cantwells disallowed goal.

And the point is that last night was not a 'one off' it has dogged us through the last dozen or so games where teams like Coventry, Luton have us easily worked out

We cannot put a high cross in because we have no one to get to the ball, and when we have a corner the opposition just man marks our two CBs.

Shots that are off target are those that are too far off to hit a defenders legs. Anyone watching the game could see that....................if they chose to

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

And the point is that last night was not a 'one off' it has dogged us through the last dozen or so games where teams like Coventry, Luton have us easily worked out

Ah yes, so every time we lose a game or drop points it means the opposition team has 'worked us out'? 

We did manage a 5 game winning run after those games though so, bit weird that we were worked out so badly and then won all those games...

You know all the teams at the top drop points right, have they been 'worked out' too?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Despite all these shortcomings and being 'worked out' by the rest of the league we are on two points.per game an average that would be pretty much certainly enough to see us promoted.

Edited by nutty nigel