A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And the Home Secretary. What the fu*ck Gove had to do I really, really don't want to know.

He has good contacts in the "Colombian community".😉

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

He has good contacts in the "Colombian community".😉

Ah, indeed! Alas I now have seriously traumatic images of just from where the powder concerned was snorted. If I need to go private for counselling you can expect a lawsuit.

• Haha 1

Imagine a Labour PM (or a Lib Dem) and what sh*t they would have been subjected to in the press. Same if Carrie S had been a wife of a PM of either of those parties.

• Like 4

"Nominative determinism" is literally the, "hypothesis that people tend to gravitate towards areas of work which reflect their names". May I point out that our PM's initials are BJ.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

"Nominative determinism" is literally the, "hypothesis that people tend to gravitate towards areas of work which reflect their names". May I point out that our PM's initials are BJ.

That conjures an image to spoil anyone's lunch 🤢😐

Anyway, now we read about it, we know that it wasn't Boris giving Carrie a job at all ... but the other way round.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That conjures an image to spoil anyone's lunch 🤢😐

Anyway, now we read about it, we know that it wasn't Boris giving Carrie a job at all ... but the other way round.

Now they are married (for the time being), the following sentence is available: "Johnson got his Johnson out so that Johnson could blow Johnson's johnson". Think I might send that to the Standards and Privileges Committee.

• Haha 2

Heinous crime of the century, Dorries needs to go, there should be no coming back from this one.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/nadine-dorries-makes-embarrassing-gaffe-24364450

The Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire was speaking at an event in St Helens to promote the Rugby League World Cup, which is being staged in England in October.

According to BBC News sports editor Dan Roan, she proceeded to tell the following anecdote: “I’ve always quite liked the idea of rugby league - my long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal. We were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. Wow, what a moment that was.”

Rayner's response to D-Raab: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webcontent/rayner-s-response-to-raab-s-opera-jibe-goes-viral/wc-3380B02B9194F6E351A7B0A2A404D493?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c61e320231f540cd91ef0642e53edac2

I thought the Tories were keen on boasting that their primary mission was to "level up". Boring D-Raab exposed that to be an obvious lie. Same old Tories!

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Heinous crime of the century, Dorries needs to go, there should be no coming back from this one.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/nadine-dorries-makes-embarrassing-gaffe-24364450

The Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire was speaking at an event in St Helens to promote the Rugby League World Cup, which is being staged in England in October.

According to BBC News sports editor Dan Roan, she proceeded to tell the following anecdote: “I’ve always quite liked the idea of rugby league - my long-standing memory is that 2003 drop-goal. We were drinking Bloody Marys at the time. Wow, what a moment that was.”

Oh dear! Seems they are increasingly determined to **** off the North. She probably thinks she watched it on the "publicly funded" Channel 4. Same old Tories!

Edited by horsefly

Truss is onto some serious electioneering now. She must see the writing on the wall for Johnson.

And now being reported that Oliver Dowden resigned from his position as Chairnan of the Conservatives to start work on his role of running Sunak's leadership bid.

34 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

And now being reported that Oliver Dowden resigned from his position as Chairnan of the Conservatives to start work on his role of running Sunak's leadership bid.

Sunak would be a disaster for the conservatives. He has been chancellor for the years running into a stagflationary crisis. 

57 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Lots of rumours too of pressure being placed on the police to fine Starmer because they know he would be the sort to resign on principle. And then the rumour is that a snap election could be called before Labour get in a new leader!

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lots of rumours too of pressure being placed on the police to fine Starmer because they know he would be the sort to resign on principle. And then the rumour is that a snap election could be called before Labour get in a new leader!

I wonder which Tory moron dreamt up that scenario. So let's imagine Starmer nobly resigns and is replaced by someone more charismatic. That leaves the Tories with a buffoon for a leader, that 70%+ of the population considers to be corrupt and a liar, that 140+ of his own backbenchers have no confidence in, presiding over a cost of living crisis with spiralling inflation and not hint of a solution. 

Yep! Bring on an early election.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Sunak would be a disaster for the conservatives. He has been chancellor for the years running into a stagflationary crisis. 

But with Dowden helping he's sure to be a roaring success for the tories.😂

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I wonder which Tory moron dreamt up that scenario. So let's imagine Starmer nobly resigns and is replaced by someone more charismatic. That leaves the Tories with a buffoon for a leader, that 70%+ of the population considers to be corrupt and a liar, that 140+ of his own backbenchers have no confidence in, presiding over a cost of living crisis with spiralling inflation and not hint of a solution. 

Yep! Bring on an early election.

The biggest problem for Labour though is that Rayner would also have to resign. Who is going to be stepping into his shoes then and how quickly can Labour put together a leadership challenge in that setting.

It's a massive gamble from the conservatives, but it's the kind that might work. Their biggest problem is if Labour see it as a trick and find a way to get a fairly well known politician into the door early. For me that would be Burnham, who of course could stand in a vacant constituency which labour were likely to win which removes the problem facing him at the moment of not being an MP.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

How is it taking so long for Old Bill to investigate a one off meeting?

• Like 1

Chris Pincher (deputy chief whip) resigns due to allegedly groping two people whilst drunk according to the Indy.

I mean nomanitive determinism at play a little bit there.

Edited by 1902
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1902 said:

The biggest problem for Labour though is that Rayner would also have to resign. Who is going to be stepping into his shoes then and how quickly can Labour put together a leadership challenge in that setting.

It's a massive gamble from the conservatives, but it's the kind that might work. Their biggest problem is if Labour see it as a trick and find a way to get a fairly well known politician into the door early. For me that would be Burnham, who of course could stand in a vacant constituency which labour were likely to win which removes the problem facing him at the moment of not being an MP.

Can't see any reason why Rayner would need to resign - Johnson hasn't, and unlike him, so far as I'm aware Rayner hasn't lied to Parliament and even if she did she isn't a Minister so isn't subject to the Ministerial Code as he is.

32 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Can't see any reason why Rayner would need to resign - Johnson hasn't, and unlike him, so far as I'm aware Rayner hasn't lied to Parliament and even if she did she isn't a Minister so isn't subject to the Ministerial Code as he is.

She said she will if she gets fined, in much the same way as Starmer has. They were also at the same meal which is being investigated.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Chris Pincher (deputy chief whip) resigns due to allegedly groping two people whilst drunk according to the Indy.

I mean normative determinism at play a little bit there.

Second time he's done this apparently.🤨

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

I mean normative determinism at play a little bit there.

As George V supposedly said, ‘I thought men like that shot themselves.’

But in the Carlton Club, of all places…

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

Second time he's done this apparently.🤨

But if you resign it's fine. Then you can be brought back after being cleared by CCHQ.

Edited by 1902

11 hours ago, 1902 said:

But if you resign it's fine. Then you can be brought back after being cleared by CCHQ.

He's aptly named as a whip

Latest potential 'scandal' rumour circulating is that Johnson has got his Canadian hairdresser pregnant (yes, that's correct😅 - he has a hairdresser) who is travelling back to Canada.

I did think he has looked a tad smarter hair wise on his G7 trip.

Lots of comment emerging but who knows with this bloke! As @Yellow Fever @yellowfever has said before it's like being punch drunk on stories with this government. Which makes me wonder what kind of stories are not coming into the public sphere.

IMG_20220701_114957.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Latest potential 'scandal' rumour circulating is that Johnson has got his Canadian hairdresser pregnant (yes, that's correct😅 - he has a hairdresser) who is travelling back to Canada.

I did think he has looked a tad smarter hair wise on his G7 trip.

Lots of comment emerging but who knows with this bloke! As @Yellow Fever @yellowfever has said before it's like being punch drunk on stories with this government. Which makes me wonder what kind of stories are not coming into the public sphere.

IMG_20220701_114957.jpg

Yup - saw an article the other day which expressed similar views - but I think 'Punch Drunk' sums up exactly how we all are with this government and Johnson in particular. Everyday a new embarrassment.

What didn't Chris Pincher understand about being a member of a "private members club"? The clue is in the name; members' privates are their own private property. What a di*ck!