A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Johnson at the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Show yesterday. People kept shouting "mind the ****!" but he still kept talking.

First and second prize winners in the "Who can excrete the most bull sh*it" competition"

R (18).jpg

R (17).jpg

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Johnson at the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Show yesterday. People kept shouting "mind the ****!" but he still kept talking.

Carefully choreographed so he didn't have to meet any normal Cornish people, just tory sycophants. 

On 19/05/2022 at 10:23, sonyc said:

I've mentioned the 14 indicators on this forum before. An impassioned speech, one of the best I've heard in the Commons. I happen to agree with much that she says and whatever one wants to call the things happening in this country for the last 2 years it is extremely worrying. Yet people will probably simply castigate her because she is Scottish....As she says "othering" - culture wars instead of looking at the real problem. A better speech than Starmer has been able to give to. When are folks going to wake up and challenge the way this country is being run? Hell, we have even had a poster on here saying the Rwanda policy was brilliant.

Thanks for posting BF.

… and today a court has ruled it legal for this to happen and the first flight will be departing in due course.

Talk about that Arsenal sleeve sponsorship being taken to a new level and meaning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Tea sock trending very early this morning.

Lakeland are already updating their catalogue as we speak. Yet another must-have over-priced kitchen gadget for the middle classes.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Lakeland are already updating their catalogue as we speak. Yet another must-have over-priced kitchen gadget for the middle classes.

Lapsong Sockchong range 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lapsong Sockchong range 😅

Truss pairs up her tea sock with a Lapsang Shoe-song.

• Haha 1

Truss' response to the C of E calling the Rwanda policy immoral was to suggest that it can't be immoral unless they can come up with an alternative policy.

The sheer stupidity of this awful woman (and the rest of the feckless cabinet) knows no bounds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Truss' response to the C of E calling the Rwanda policy immoral was to suggest that it can't be immoral unless they can come up with an alternative policy.

The sheer stupidity of this awful woman (and the rest of the feckless cabinet) knows no bounds

The policy is obvious to most people but apparently not anyone in Government.

On 08/06/2022 at 11:21, sonyc said:

Yes it is more than that but you've got the essence there. I would say 'eternal boy' rather than 'man-child' because it conjures a different image).

I will say more because I've introduced the term before and I do find it fascinating. I ought to say I've been very influenced by Jung for well over 30 years. Maybe that's weird but I don't really think so. He was someone I read that I just felt 'spoke to me' if you know what I mean. And it's possible to submit every single subject to a Jungian way of thinking about it. I've resisted in the 18 years I've been a member of this forum😄 which is admirable in itself that I haven't. But Johnson is such an anomaly, such a stand out figure that I've taken the risk to expose my thoughts in this way. Hope that makes sense.

I've included a link below (there are so many plus the great source is Von Franz) but although long-ish it is only 1 minute of your time. If it's a case of TLDR? Then I've summarised my thoughts here with examples:

* The puer often doesn't look his age. He is proud of looking young (think of Johnson's affected hairstyle to look foppish, a character, different)

* Irresponsible attitude to women - life is about fun, you can be silly, come home late, never apologise for anything, you play the fool. You are unfaithful.

Some women find a vitality in such a man, his silliness, playfulness (think of Johnson and his making cardboard trains), his jokes (we have heard many of these - he jokes even on very grave and serious matters like coronavirus deaths, on northern Ireland ..nothing is off the table for him ...so many examples.) We know too he has left many women.

His former partners too finally see who they are with. Carrie S will follow suit be sure of that.

Often puers turn their partners into a mother figure because they need looking after.

* Puers don't work very hard, they don't wish to be trapped. They don't like the everyday administration (then who does but it has to be done). So many examples of Johnson copying the work of others, of winging it. Goodness, why consider the pre pandemic advice of experts? Too boring! The complexities of Brexit? Nah, just get it done and signed. Worry about the detail later.

* Puers shirk responsibility for their actions. They don't like being tied down, encumbered. In fact they hate it. (Hiding in a fridge ring a bell?)

* Like to feel special, unique. Like they have a big calling ("world king" is the ultimate don't you reckon?!).

An inflated sense of self accompanies such a person. Others will acknowledge that person too as special if drawn into his 'specialness' (which can be very, very convincing). His father and mother must have played a part in naming him.

* Often want to do something big - but never quite does it (build a Boris bridge or a Boris tunnel).

* His 'opposite' is the wise old head, the wise old man ("Senex" in Jungian speak). This person wi be organised, serious, conscientious and very boring (Starmer might fill this brief?)

* Puers have a deep shadow. Often this is expressed in outrages and tantrums (adult sized). No doubt you'll have seen one or two Commons performances and read stories of him shouting. Many people will be frightened of this anger.

* This type never lands. He crashes and often dramatically.

Anyway, this is long enough now RTB. But it's a quick analysis and I could say much more.

The trouble we have as I see it is the Tory party is in train to this individual. There seems no-one else.

He has transfixed some voters too (except people like his former employers, school heads and the likes of Eddie Mair - they can see right through this provisional kind of person).

I say transfixed because I believe this is so true.  I find it incredible but there we are. This is a powerful person. That much is clear. Still many voters find him adequate and believe in this fantasy of a person.

And just this week 211 MPs have voted for this individual.

Until they really wake up there's more to come.

https://frithluton.com/articles/understanding-puer-puella-syndrome/

Sonyc, you apologise for knowing something about the subject you are discussing, as opposed to most posters, who never let ignorance stop them!

I have never met BoJo the Clown, and I have never studied psychology, but that archetype and that analysis seem spookily spot on.

To put a bit of flesh on the bones, as it were, if that doesn’t conjure up too many unsettling images, I did come across an interesting explanation of his infidelity. His great-grandfather was Turkish, and BoJo is proud of that heritage. And apparently it is the norm for Turkish men of affairs to have a mistress, rather in the way it is de rigueur for French male politicians…

Having got that appetiser out of the way, my main point is that BoJo, despite his many and obvious lies, immoralities and incompetences, has never suffered for them.

Despite being well-known for cheating on his wives, women still want to marry him and/or become his mistress, even though one of those got pregnant and had to have an abortion.

Despite it being obvious to the senior staff at Eton that he was an amoral narcissist did they warn off Oxford and Cambridge from taking him, so he ended up at some redbrick uni? No, of course not.

Did being sacked by The Times for lying end his career as a journalist? No. He went to the bigger-selling Telegraph and kept on lying, and was treated as a star despite his continued lies.

Did being sacked from the shadow cabinet by Michael Howard for lying end his political career? No again. He ended up as prime minister while Howard didn’t.

If he had just once actually suffered for the results of his character flaws, been seriously knocked backwards, it might have mitigated his behaviour a bit. Instead he has just prospered. Hard for him then not to behave as if the rules don’t apply to him, because so far they haven’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Having got that appetiser out of the way, my main point is that BoJo, despite his many and obvious lies, immoralities and incompetences, has never suffered for them.

Purple, how can you say the poor man has never suffered? As he himself has pointed out, he has to struggle by on the paltry prime minister’s salary of £150,000! 

Sorry, that’s £164,000, but what does £14,000 buy you these days…

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If he had just once actually suffered for the results of his character flaws, been seriously knocked backwards, it might have mitigated his behaviour a bit. Instead he has just prospered. Hard for him then not to behave as if the rules don’t apply to him, because so far they haven’t.

It looked just for one moment when he had a serious form of Covid that he might be held back psychologically. He explained at the time just after that he thought his weight might have played a part. Hence we got an idea that his government might look at a serious health strategy. Normality though resumed very quickly and we witnessed poor decision after poor decision in that period of lockdowns.

At that time we got to see the quality too of his closer lieutenants in cabinet. It was a grim, grim watch and possibly the first time in my life when I became thoroughly exasperated with the calibre of the administration. And at a point when I felt even I could have gone on TV and delivered a better message. (One or two appeared more competent). And Johnson has needed these people because it's about him being top dog. 

I believe he cares for no-one. I cannot be 100% sure. But his actions (not his words) indicate he couldn't give a damn for emotional outbursts from opposition MPs, about our international reputation, about Ireland or the union. Nor for school meals or those in poverty.

I believe he only has a short term attention span for people. Cummings has said he only came alive when looking at a map because he wanted to build something, with a Johnson symbolism.

You'll have seen his fits of temper in the Commons. You'll have seen the sheer hatred (at times) in his eyes when cornered by Starmer. @Yellow fever noted this too way back. He is as Eddie Mair once said "rather a nasty piece of work". I still don't believe he is evil.

This is an awful time. Yet, as you'll know, everything is transient, it won't last. The time will pass. When he does go he will earn millions but he will also be a hateful figure for many in history. He will leave his wife or vice versa. Skeletons will all come out.

As for apologising, I have followed Jante's Law for maybe 20 years plus. I would rather believe I am wrong first before I take up a solid viewpoint. I also mistrust initially anyone who thinks they know everything. Life may have given them experience but that experience has ossified them. And so it is with Johnson. He has developed a schtick that makes him feel invincible. He then believes it and life just conforms to his internal view of himself.

Anyone who wants to be a "world king" must be a narcissist of the highest order. Possibly a psychopath are they not? He will destroy the country for many years, its reputation and some of our national values. His party will also be wounded.....

Just as 'austerity' has gradually broken the country's institutions, regional infrastructures  (a ruse instituted by multi millionaires Cameron and Osborne) then this Johnson administration will have a long tail.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Herman said:

@coldwarsteve

She’ll be in favour of membership of the Common Market like Thatch then? 

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

She’ll be in favour of membership of the Common Market like Thatch then? 

She's a rare animal being a conviction politician.

IMG_20220614_160200.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sonyc said:

Tea sock trending very early this morning.

😲😀

• Haha 3

You can't trust Labour the Conservatives with the economy.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/14/embarrassing-details-of-tories-record-economic-attack-dossier-labour-budget

In the appendix of the document, the figures reveal several difficult statistics for the Tories, including that a Labour government presided over the last budget surplus, that Labour governments presided over nine budget surpluses compared with five under Conservatives, and that the highest peacetime deficit came under the Tories – though that was during the Covid pandemic.

• Like 2

Are we all getting ready for the upcoming gammon storm about the ECHR??🤨

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are we all getting ready for the upcoming gammon storm about the ECHR??🤨

Popcorn time - Some will even confuse Churchill's ECHR with the EU. Oh well. It was a political stunt anyway.

At least it will be more fun to watch than England vs Hungary.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Popcorn time - Some will even confuse Churchill's ECHR with the EU. Oh well. It was a political stunt anyway.

Aye, it's entirely predictable. If they put as much time and imagination into running the country as they do in concocting culture war arguments we might be able to live in a sane, working country.

What do you guys think about the Brexit bus with 350 million written on the side?

I don't think this question has ever been discussed so I thought I'd throw it out there

6 hours ago, Taylor324 said:

What do you guys think about the Brexit bus with 350 million written on the side?

I don't think this question has ever been discussed so I thought I'd throw it out there

Funnily enough that was probably the first thing that really woke me up to what a giant scam it was. Sadly millions of easily lead muppets fell for it. And now look at the state of the country. 

8 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yep, here they come. The same backbench MPs like Tom Hunt and Gullis.😀

11 hours ago, Taylor324 said:

Candidly I think it has been discussed ad-nauseam.

However, what I think what happened is that the leave campaign actually didn't know the difference between gross and net, made a basic error but found it polled well with those deliberately targeted who equally didn't know (or care) either so they stuck with it. That's the kindest explanation.

The alternative is that it was bald lie to deceive the unwary and prey on peoples prejudices and ignorance.

I suspect history will paint that slogan as the day that British informed democracy with respect for the truth and facts died. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Taylor324 said:

This is quite a good summary of the 350m claim. It explains quite clearly what has been spent and the sheer scale of tax rises recently. As the article states it is useful to have some honesty and transparency.

Yellow Fever is also right about gross and net (article explains).

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/the-brexit-bus-promised-the-nhs-350m-a-week-but-its-british-workers-paying-the-price-in-higher-taxes-1559762

The 350m ought to be seen in context:

At no stage has this present administration really supported the NHS. It is creaking. New hospitals are not being built, morale is crushed, contracts have continued to be given to companies outside of the NHS.

The NHS it is being progressively privatised (Centene - US company. Recent Panorama programme - and plenty of articles about this). The care sector is another.

The NHS being sold off is the biggest prize for the Tories. We've had the sell off of energy, water, rail, telecoms and don't forget social housing massively targeted from 1979 and now there are plans to accelerate into housing associations ...... so health is firmly in its sights. 

Therefore it is fair to say - I believe - that the headline £350m a week was misleading and may have fooled some people. When I saw that I certainly was interested in the concept. I didn't vote for Brexit - but that headline was a powerful message.

Only in the last two years especially have I seen and understood  the modus operandi of this present administration.

The BBC is in the line of sight obviously and you'll know about Channel 4. This administration has focussed on lawyers recently ("enemies of the people'..."soft lefties" etc) and today stories are emerging of a wish to remove from the ECHR.

We ought not forget that this government even prorogued parliament.

So, in conclusion, we ought to be very wary of any government slogan. I give you 'Levelling Up'?

😅😅😅

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This is quite a good summary of the 350m claim. It explains quite clearly what has been spent and the sheer scale of tax rises recently. As the article states it is useful to have some honesty and transparency.

Yellow Fever is also right about gross and net (article explains).

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/the-brexit-bus-promised-the-nhs-350m-a-week-but-its-british-workers-paying-the-price-in-higher-taxes-1559762

The 350m ought to be seen in context:

At no stage has this present administration really supported the NHS. It is creaking. New hospitals are not being built, morale is crushed, contracts have continued to be given to companies outside of the NHS.

The NHS it is being progressively privatised (Centene - US company. Recent Panorama programme - and plenty of articles about this). The care sector is another.

The NHS being sold off is the biggest prize for the Tories. We've had the sell off of energy, water, rail, telecoms and don't forget social housing massively targeted from 1979 and now there are plans to accelerate into housing associations ...... so health is firmly in its sights. 

Therefore it is fair to say - I believe - that the headline £350m a week was misleading and may have fooled some people. When I saw that I certainly was interested in the concept. I didn't vote for Brexit - but that headline was a powerful message.

Only in the last two years especially have I seen and understood  the modus operandi of this present administration.

The BBC is in the line of sight obviously and you'll know about Channel 4. This administration has focussed on lawyers recently ("enemies of the people'..."soft lefties" etc) and today stories are emerging of a wish to remove from the ECHR.

We ought not forget that this government even prorogued parliament illegally and is also curtailing the rights of citizens to protest peacefully whilst repeatedly breaking domestic and international laws themselves - this is a rogue government and our feeble, dysfunctional unwritten constitution and Head of State have sadly proved totally incapable of enforcing even the most basic rules of our 'democracy'.

So, in conclusion, we ought to be very wary of any government slogan. I give you 'Levelling Up'?

😅😅😅

• Like 2